Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old January 2nd, 2013, 08:31 AM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo View Post
2012 Gaming:
1)Dominion (I have no idea how many times I played although it 's at least several hundred)
Why am I not believing this...

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old January 2nd, 2013, 09:01 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Ticket to Ride, King of Tokyo and Courtier during New Year's Eve/Day.

Only play #2, but loving everthing about Courtier so far.

-insert signature here-
Old January 2nd, 2013, 09:11 AM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post

Good day, nyys. We played Ticket to Ride: Europe, Carcassonne with multiple expansions including the Tower, and what I would call a training game of Mage Wars.
Old January 2nd, 2013, 09:32 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post

I can't wait to try Courtier again NYYS. Did it seem a little less chaotic after knowing what was what from the first game? I think it's a lot packed into that box, especially for the price. I introduced Love Letter to several people yesterday and told them about the back story and how several games revolve around the same story, so hopefully that will get them interested in trying Courtier.

Unfortunately, it may not get cycled back into play for a little while, as it depends on various people's interests or moods in our group at the time. Everyone wants to get their game played, especially if its a new shiny game.

Speaking of which, I got to teach Agents of SMERSH yesterday after playing it solo twice. It scales nice from 1-4 players and if you like a combination of Pandemic, Arkham Horror and Talse of Arabian Knights, you'd love this one. The encounter book is just fabulous with like 1,600 different encounters that are quite funny often.

Regarding King of Tokyo, I only played it for the second time yesterday and it was the second time that I got knocked out really early. I was in Tokyo and was planning on getting out soon, but one lady rolled 5 claws on her 3 rolls and gave my my last 5 wounds. We had a 6 player game and it kind of sucked getting knocked out so soon. I watched for a few minutes and then jumped into a game of Zombie Dice for a quick filler before moving on to SMERSH. That's the only think I don't like about King of Tokyo is that it's so random and you can get knocked out super quick, while others can manage to stick around for awhile and you have nothing to do. But, maybe it was just my bad luck both times I played.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old January 2nd, 2013, 09:52 AM

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

It was definitely less chaotic the second time with Courtier since we had a better grasp of things. Though remebering to check for Courterie control (for the special powers) was still a little bit of an issue. My guess is that eventually we'll have that sort of stuff memorized, but until then it's really the only fiddly part of the game (which really isn't a big deal) IMO.

I've only played 2 and 3 player games of King of Tokyo so far, so when someone is knocked out the game has either been over, or will be very soon. I can see getting knocked out early in high player count games being annoying. It being a dice game though, I try not to expect too much since bad rolls can seal your fate.

-insert signature here-
Old January 2nd, 2013, 10:07 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Yeah, I was just on the receiving end of the good rolls for someone else. It happens, and I guess with that many players, you have a lot more chances of getting damage, so healing is important. Of course I had planned on that but couldn't get out of Tokyo in time.

Regarding Courtier, I think just taking a minute after each player's turn to check the Coterie card placement should become more natural with more plays. Early on, it seems like you are scanning the board, looking at your cards, planning on what to do next, and the changing of the Coterie cards is easy to forget.

Old January 2nd, 2013, 10:47 AM

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Yeah, I was just on the receiving end of the good rolls for someone else. It happens, and I guess with that many players, you have a lot more chances of getting damage, so healing is important. Of course I had planned on that but couldn't get out of Tokyo in time.
I have found in games of KoT with 4 or more people, the best strategy is to get out of Tokyo at the first chance you get. I do very well this way. Of course, I have been beaten by people riding out Tokyo for VP, but it is risky. The expansion helps with survivability for some of the monsters also.
Old January 2nd, 2013, 11:39 AM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurei-Ornery View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
I have found in games of KoT with 4 or more people, the best strategy is to get out of Tokyo at the first chance you get. I do very well this way. Of course, I have been beaten by people riding out Tokyo for VP, but it is risky. The expansion helps with survivability for some of the monsters also.
Thanks for the tip G-O.

I meant to get out that turn, as I didn't expect to get hit with my last 5 wounds from a 5 claw turn That said, I'll definitely not even leave it to chance next time

Old January 2nd, 2013, 12:24 PM

2012 Gaming (iOS plays included against live opponents)
560 game sessions (up from 355 in 2011)
93 unique games played (same as 2011)

Summoner Wars 193
Scrabble 71
Neuroshima Hex! 38
Ascension 22
The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game 13
Ticket to Ride 13
Quarriors! 11
10 Days in the USA 9
Tooth & Nail: Factions 9
Survive: Escape from Atlantis! 8
Castle Keep 7
Ticket to Ride: Europe 7
Bang! The Bullet! 6
Dominion 6
Troyes 6
Bears! 5
Defenders of the Realm 5
Eruption 5
Hawaii 5
Hive 5
Seasons 5
Smash Up 5
King of Tokyo 4
Lords of Waterdeep 4
Pandemic 4
Carcassonne 3
Garden Dice 3
Warhammer: Invasion 3
1st & Goal 2
Airlines Europe 2
Alien Frontiers 2
Belfort 2
Cave Troll 2
Dungeon Heroes 2
Dungeon Petz 2
Dungeons & Dragons: Castle Ravenloft Board Game 2
Fleet 2
GOSU 2
Heroscape Master Set: Rise of the Valkyrie 2
Hey, That's My Fish! 2
Kingdom Builder 2
Lost Cities 2
Magestorm 2
Puzzle Strike (Third Edition) 2
Resident Evil Deck Building Game 2
Say Anything Family Edition 2
Takenoko 2
Thunderstone: Dragonspire 2
Undermining 2
Wooly Bully 2
Zombicide 2
A la carte 1
Atlantis Rising 1
Battleship: Hidden Threat 1
Battlestar Galactica 1
Blood Bowl: Team Manager - The Card Game 1
Castle Panic 1
Citadels 1
Cosmic Encounter 1
Courtier 1
Cyclades 1
Dominant Species 1
Eclipse 1
Elder Sign 1
Eminent Domain 1
FITS 1
Gosu: Kamakor 1
Heroica: Fortaan 1
Ingenious 1
Junta: Viva el Presidente! 1
Lords of Vegas 1
Memory 1
Milestones 1
Nexus Ops 1
Nightfall 1
Ninja Versus Ninja 1
Ninjato 1
Panic Station 1
Pictureka! 1
PitchCar 1
Poker 1
Puzzle Strike Shadows 1
Rune Age 1
Small World 1
Small World Underground 1
Snow Tails 1
Solitaire for Two 1
Stone Age 1
Super Dungeon Explore 1
Word on the Street Junior 1

-insert signature here-
Old January 2nd, 2013, 04:09 PM
Battle Reporter

A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Here's my gaming for 2012. It's not nearly as impressive as most (the curse of posting after nyys, heh).
For fun, I dediced to also show my win percentage in parenthesis (I didn't do this for games that I played less than 4 times. I was only really interested in the games I played a lot. Particularly impressed with Ticket to ride as only twice did I play it with less than 3 opponents.

Game of Thrones: The Living Card Game 24 (54%)
Summoner Wars 23 (65%)
Ticket to Ride: Europe 23 (48%)
Hive 10 (70%)
Heroscape 9 (55%) (So sad to see this so low, compared to a couple years ago)
7 Wonders 8 (25%)
Shadow Hunters 7 (57%)
Settlers of Catan 6 (16%)
Rivals of Catan 4 (50%)
Kingsburg 4 (50%)
Cash N Guns 4 (25%)
Kung Fu Fighting 3
Apples to Apples 2 *
Battles of Westeros 2
Cards Against Humanity 2*
Mexican Train 2
The Game of Life: Pirates of the Caribbean 2
Chess 2
Dominion 1
Betrayal at House on The Hill 1
Buzzword 1
RISK 1
Ticket to Ride: India 1
Ticket to Ride: Switzerland 1
Last Night on Earth 1
Scattergories 1

* Denotes a party game in which only days played were counted, rather then individual games, as it was played back to back to back during gatherings.
Old January 2nd, 2013, 04:15 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

How do you guys keep track of the games you play? Do you have journals or something?

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old January 2nd, 2013, 04:23 PM

Thanks for the inspiration nyys and A Train. I just started my 2013 games played, including winning percentage, spreadsheet.

Also, squeezed in a game of Railways of the World (Mexico map) at lunch.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games