Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old January 17th, 2017, 08:30 PM
You address C3G OMNIPOTENCE - tread carefully!

clembo2021 rolls all skulls baby! clembo2021 rolls all skulls baby! clembo2021 rolls all skulls baby! clembo2021 rolls all skulls baby! clembo2021 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Looking for complete 3CG 'square' army cards

The quality on ArtsCow is still pretty bad, but it's EXTREMELY cheap if you use one of their many promotions that they run. It's pretty easy to score a custom 54 card deck for ~6 bucks with free shipping.
Old January 18th, 2017, 03:10 PM

mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
That is a good deal. I have three decks from Artscow and they are pretty nice.
I had about 3 decks from there until I discovered Printerstudio...they were cheaper and side by side comparison way better than Artscow Pricing is now about the same usually and I haven't ordered from Artscow in probably two years so no clue if they've gotten better with quality.
Hey Japes, do you hand make each card? It might be worth looking into nanDECK. It takes an excel file and generates all the cards. You can put in artwork and such. It really is very powerful. I imagine a full excel (or google sheet) of all the glyphs or characters and it could auto create the cards and spit them out as a giant PDF for printing.

http://www.nand.it/nandeck/

I used it to make my level scape cards and some large sets of equipment cards for custom Heroscape campaigns.
Old January 18th, 2017, 04:50 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmeeple View Post
Quote:
Quote:
I had about 3 decks from there until I discovered Printerstudio...they were cheaper and side by side comparison way better than Artscow Pricing is now about the same usually and I haven't ordered from Artscow in probably two years so no clue if they've gotten better with quality.
Hey Japes, do you hand make each card? It might be worth looking into nanDECK. It takes an excel file and generates all the cards. You can put in artwork and such. It really is very powerful. I imagine a full excel (or google sheet) of all the glyphs or characters and it could auto create the cards and spit them out as a giant PDF for printing.

I used it to make my level scape cards and some large sets of equipment cards for custom Heroscape campaigns.
Yes I hand make all of them just like I do the official C3G cards. I have a template and other than the art (which can be fidgety sometimes depending on the source) it would take me just as long to copy the info into a spread sheet as it does to copy it into the card template. Besides I'm a good ways down the road already. All the Glyphs are essentially done. Does the nandeck allow you to use your own fonts, if not that would be another issue as I'm using the actual fonts.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old January 18th, 2017, 05:06 PM

mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yes I hand make all of them just like I do the official C3G cards. I have a template and other than the art (which can be fidgety sometimes depending on the source) it would take me just as long to copy the info into a spread sheet as it does to copy it into the card template. Besides I'm a good ways down the road already. All the Glyphs are essentially done. Does the nandeck allow you to use your own fonts, if not that would be another issue as I'm using the actual fonts.
It runs on your computer and can use any font you have. Since it pumps out a PDF or jpeg of each card the end consumer doesn't need the font.

The setup time is very real. But once you have the template in place it is remarkably fast to use. One beauty is that one could distribute the nanDeck configuration and background art and anyone could make cards...even if they don't have photoshop.

Also, the data can come from a Google Sheet, which would allow for multiple people to contribute to.

In a way, a setup like this would reduce the single point of failure where a contributor falls out of activity on the site/project.

Just ideas
Old January 18th, 2017, 05:14 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

It runs on your computer and can use any font you have. Since it pumps out a PDF or jpeg of each card the end consumer doesn't need the font.

The setup time is very real. But once you have the template in place it is remarkably fast to use. One beauty is that one could distribute the nanDeck configuration and background art and anyone could make cards...even if they don't have photoshop.

Also, the data can come from a Google Sheet, which would allow for multiple people to contribute to.

In a way, a setup like this would reduce the single point of failure where a contributor falls out of activity on the site/project.

Just ideas
Don't feel like I'm handwaving you away because I will be looking into your suggestion but one reason the portion above I made red is less likely is that in addition to this I actually create a lot of the C3G cards that are released now and the templates I created for this will be uploaded to the same spot all of our Art Department accesses so whoever takes my place should something ever happen to me will have the ability to continue the line. I am but one in a line of several in the C3G Art Department. People come and go but as long as there is a C3G there will be a C3G Art Department.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old January 18th, 2017, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Just ideas
Don't feel like I'm handwaving you away because I will be looking into your suggestion but one reason the portion above I made red is less likely is that in addition to this I actually create a lot of the C3G cards that are released now and the templates I created for this will be uploaded to the same spot all of our Art Department accesses so whoever takes my place should something ever happen to me will have the ability to continue the line. I am but one in a line of several in the C3G Art Department. People come and go but as long as there is a C3G there will be a C3G Art Department.
That makes sense, and no worries Give it a try, it works pretty great.

I made this pile of silliness very very quickly all things considered. Again, once the setup is in place adding cards is trivial.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5ze6azb5u6...pment.pdf?dl=0

I never used those cards...I ended up scrapping them and starting over with a different approach. But they illustrate the potential here.
Old January 18th, 2017, 06:02 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Liberal use of the quote feature here.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old January 19th, 2017, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Liberal use of the quote feature here.
I wasn't sure the feature worked...but now I see that it works wonderfully
Old January 19th, 2017, 06:15 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

The problem with NanDeck is that you would need to make the backgrounds for every different coloured background you use. So it would actually be quicker to keep doing the cards in Photoshop. Would work for you glyph cards though.
Old January 19th, 2017, 07:45 PM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
The problem with NanDeck is that you would need to make the backgrounds for every different coloured background you use. So it would actually be quicker to keep doing the cards in Photoshop. Would work for you glyph cards though.
That's what I was afraid of. The Glyphs are pretty much done anyway.

Old January 25th, 2017, 01:16 AM
A Man of Taste

I've created a thread to track the progress here

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy