Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles
Heroscape Strategy Articles Heroscape Strategy Articles with discussions. Including Order Markers, Units, Game Play, etc.

View Poll Results: Do you purchase/use multiple copies of common squads or just one of each set?
Yes, I almost always buy multiples of common squads. 152 49.84%
No, I buy one of each set and that's it. 46 15.08%
I only buy multiples of squads that I really like but certainly not all of them. 107 35.08%
Voters: 305. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 27th, 2006, 11:07 AM

Faustus is surprisingly tart
Do you use multiple common squads?

So far, my priority has been in trying to collect as many different sets as possible and I have not felt it worth the money to buy multiple of one set just to have the option of playing 3 sets of one squad.

The only exception is that I printed up a couple of Marro Drone cards and I use some skeletons with scythes from my old heroquest set as stand-ins. Mainly b/c the Marro Drones are completely useless with only one set.

Pro and con of only using one of each set:

Pro: it allows some variety b/c someone can't draft a whole army of one thing. We're forced to draft many different characters. I have a feeling that if I had 3 sets of Minions, all three would be drafted every time. Maybe the same with the Minutemen.

Con: it takes away some variety in the sense that we don't have the option to build more unified armies. Common squads lose a bit of the usefulness as part of what makes them good is being able to activate any three or four you choose with an army card.

Anybody else out there only use one of each? What about those that buy multiples, am I missing out? Are there any that are especially worth having more of and others that won't get any use if I have three?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles