Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games
Video Games Computer and console games.

Old June 3rd, 2008, 03:43 PM

dragonfire has disabled reputation
Which console do you recomend

I have the wii and love it, but want to go multiconsole. I want either the 360 or PS3. Which should I get? Which has...

Better games?
Better hardware?
Better reliablity?
Better Backwards compatiblity?

I would have laughed at the idea of a PS3 last year. But now, I find myself not caring much about Halo 3, and wanting Metal Gear Solid 4.

My Signature
Old June 3rd, 2008, 03:59 PM

Metaknight knows what's in an order marker Metaknight knows what's in an order marker Metaknight knows what's in an order marker
Re: Which console do you recomend

I think 360, mostly because of the money.

Pros of 360
1. Costs a lot less money, more money for games
2. Better games, like Halo and Gears of War, Viva Pinata, and other stuff

Cons of 360
1. Red ring of death, though I no nobody it has happened too
2. Not very good downloadable content
3. You must pay for the online

Then there's what you like better: HD or Blue Ray.

See Valhalla like never before:
Airborne Elite in the
BYZANTINE CAVE...
Old June 3rd, 2008, 04:02 PM

Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I love my 360. Much higher game selection, which will in turn give you more good games. Hardware has been compared and compared - 360 seems to come out on top most of the time. Reliability and backward compatibilty - I'd rather not speak on the subjects I'm not educated on.

If I'm not mistaken, though, MGS4 hasn't been COMPLETELY ruled out for the 360...
Old June 3rd, 2008, 04:02 PM

moorific is surprisingly tart

The only reason I can think of buying a PS3 for is that Sony said they're going for the 10-year run with it, unlike 360 which will be obsolete within the next 4-5 years.
Old June 3rd, 2008, 04:08 PM

dragonfire has disabled reputation

I doubt that Sony will do that. Sure they say it, but I really really doubt it will actually happen.

My Signature
Old June 3rd, 2008, 04:13 PM

king_of_feylund123 has disabled reputation

I think the PS3 is great (exept for the cost) but the graphics are great!

Q: What time is it when an elephant sits on your car?

A: Time to get a new fence!!
Old June 3rd, 2008, 04:19 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

As I said before, the main difference is in gaming catalogue... the 360's is better, without a doubt. However, the PS3 (or at least, the backwards compatable one) can play PS2 games. The PS2 has the best library since the SNES, in my opinion, and as I never got it, I'm going for a PS3. Plus, Blu-Ray!

...and you get Darth Vader instead of Yoda in SCIV. That counts for something!
Old June 3rd, 2008, 04:26 PM

Metaknight knows what's in an order marker Metaknight knows what's in an order marker Metaknight knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
...and you get Darth Vader instead of Yoda in SCIV. That counts for something!
I prefer the little green dude...

Some other games I found out for 360 are: Bully Scholorship (which is also for wii), all games made by Rare (they tend to be good), and Microsoft Flight Simulator games.

See Valhalla like never before:
Airborne Elite in the
BYZANTINE CAVE...
Old June 3rd, 2008, 04:45 PM

Neigel is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

The game library is the most important thing for me.

I went with the PS3, mainly because of FFXIII and MGS4. I also have a decent number of PS2 games that I still periodicaly play. The 360 just didn't have enough unique games I wanted to play.

You may also want to keep in mind that HD is dying out.

Be nice to Other People; They outnumber you 6.6 billion to one.

Old June 3rd, 2008, 05:23 PM
Twenty Questioner

TheMainMan knows what's in an order marker TheMainMan knows what's in an order marker

Without repeating all the same reasons everyone else did, I will say 360 all the way.

I had a PS3 and got rid of it. I have a Wii for my Mario and all his wonderful games fix, and then I have my Xbox360 for everything else.

-TMM

To be the man, you have to beat the man!
Old June 3rd, 2008, 07:17 PM
Taking Suggestions...

Ty the Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Ty the Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Ty the Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Ty the Awasome rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Shackle View Post
I love my 360. Much higher game selection, which will in turn give you more good games. Hardware has been compared and compared - 360 seems to come out on top most of the time. Reliability and backward compatibilty - I'd rather not speak on the subjects I'm not educated on.

If I'm not mistaken, though, MGS4 hasn't been COMPLETELY ruled out for the 360...
According to the last interview I heard about, Kojima ruled out a port for 360.

Anyway, I agree that for now has a slightly better library of games. However, with the PS3 you are getting full backwards compatibility with the PS2, plus you're getting a Blu-Ray player very cheap. And just to add to that, HD-DVD has basically lost the format war. It won't be around much more.

In short, I'd say PS3.

Ty the Awasome is the S.A.S. Commando, Maj. Thompson
...in the LIBRARY...
Old June 3rd, 2008, 07:52 PM
Right..No Left!.. No I mean Right!

Lotus is surprisingly tart

I have all 3, and if you buy a PS3 right now at Wal-Mart they also give you a $100 gift card, this deal will work on the MGS set as well, so for $500 you get a PS3 80gb, PS2/1 backwards compatible, MGS, and a $100 gift card (Basically 2 games)

Now, that is a dang good buy and evens the playing field for price point. PS3 has Blu-Ray and fantastic upconversion and plays almost anything I put in it, but the 360 game library easily exceeds the PS3's. So it tends to be determined solely by your interest. I think either is a great buy right now.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games