Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old December 21st, 2007, 11:53 PM
Right..No Left!.. No I mean Right!

Lotus is surprisingly tart
Lotus' Cartoon and TV Show Customs - Avatar, GI Joe

Well instead of consistently hijacking my own thread with cartoon show customs or character's from TV series, I decided to put them in their own thread as it make more sense. These tend to be well received, especially if appropriate figures are available, so I try to stick with characters I can get figures for.

These will be placed in alphabetical by show.

G.I. Joe: The Real American Hero
I only got Cobra troops right now, get over it.

Serpentor Figure - Kobra, Heroclix, Repainted

Anyone got any ideas for a Dr Mindbender figure? I have a whole box of Heroclix, but nothing popped out at me.

For The Baroness, I used Madame Masque from Heroclix. Don't have her painted yet though.

This is the Crimson Twins, I have no idea what to do for figures yet. Also, I would really appreciate people to look up at the specials though. It is a fairly complex ability, that makes perfect sense for the characters, but I am not certain it is properly balanced.

Gargoyles

Upcoming Attractions
Crimson Twins
Dreadnoks
Zartan
Destro

Enjoy,
Lotus
Old December 22nd, 2007, 12:38 AM

Hades has disabled reputation
cool customs. I like the gargoyles alot. But I think you should lower the number for Stone by Day to 13. 16 just seems a bit high and will spend most of the game unusable.
Old December 22nd, 2007, 12:48 AM

For around 4 turns they'll be unusable. Which considering most of my games, not a big deal. However feel free to alter them if you wanted. I don't think that'd really affect the cost much as they'll have less (essential) invincibility.

Anyways, I added Dr. Mindbender, I need a figure for him though. Now, does his ability seem fair?

EDIT: Tossed up the Baroness as well.
Old December 23rd, 2007, 03:04 PM

the mighty Thor has disabled reputation
If you added horn the that Serpentor Figure it would look just like Loki from Marvel's Thor comics

Dumb people make me mad
VOTE THOR 08

"An eye for an eye, and the whole world goes blind" Gandhi

"Be the change you want to see in the world" Gandhi

Grammar and Spelling are 2 VERY different things
Old December 24th, 2007, 01:45 AM

Well yeah, I guess so, isn't that a little besides the point though, I am sure there is already a Loki figure for Heroclix already.

Anyways, I am interested in hearing your thoughts on something, I am working on the Crimson Twins, it is said they share their pain. So I am making them a Unique Squad with multiple wounds. When one dies, both die. They take wounds the same way as a unique hero, but are a squad.

EDIT: Check the first post, I uploaded the card, the ability may be off though, hi1, your wording expertise would be great.
Old December 24th, 2007, 01:35 PM

hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Since you asked so nicely I'll see how I can help . Your Crimson Twins are very unique, so it's hard to base them off any previously established wording. Let's try something like this:

TWIN HEROES
-For the purposes of Special Abilities treat each Crimson Twin as though he were a Unique Hero. When either Crimson Twin receives a wound, place a Wound Marker on this Army Card. When the Crimson Twins receive enough Wound Markers to be destroyed, remove both Crimson Twins from the battlefield.

SOLDIER MOVE ENHANCEMENT
-All Soldiers that begin their movement within 4 clear sight spaces of either Crimson Twin, may move one additional space.

Hope this helped.

Old December 24th, 2007, 03:12 PM
"Mr. Zettian Handshake"

Jonathan knows what's in an order marker Jonathan knows what's in an order marker
What about "you may take a turn with the Seduced figure" for the end of Baroness' ability?

It'd also be cool if she had an "infiltration" ability, but sometimes simpler is better
Old December 24th, 2007, 08:07 PM

My only problem with the wording you chose is that it seems a bit ambiguous when referring to instant kill abilities as well as things like Bonding, do you activate one or both Crimson Twins? I was trying to make it so if you bonded to the Crimson Twins, they'd both get to activate, if you insta-kill one, they both die, etc.

Perhaps more like this?

TWIN HEROES
-For the purposes of Special Abilities treat the Crimson Twins as though they were a Unique Hero. When either Crimson Twin receives a wound, place a Wound Marker on this Army Card. When a Crimson Twin is destroyed, remove both Crimson Twins from the battlefield.
Old December 25th, 2007, 05:49 PM

Ted has disabled reputation
I love the Gargoyles. Do you have figures for them? So you plan on doing the rest of the clan?
Old December 25th, 2007, 08:11 PM

No, I don't have figures. Except for Demona, there is a Heroclix that works well for her, however I do not recall the figures name.

I'd like to do the rest of the clan, but it is a matter of motivation as well as time.
Old July 16th, 2008, 01:27 PM

nicktheant rolls all skulls baby! nicktheant rolls all skulls baby! nicktheant rolls all skulls baby! nicktheant rolls all skulls baby! nicktheant rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Lotus' Cartoon and TV Show Customs - Avatar, GI Joe

pretty nice, but i don't see why you used the marvel templates.
Old July 17th, 2008, 09:43 AM
Master Custom Creator

Karkadinn has disabled reputation
Re: Lotus' Cartoon and TV Show Customs - Avatar, GI Joe

I'm far too late getting to this thread, but better late commentary than none, I hope... <.<
I love how you stuck the elemental tribe symbols on the Avatar cards as well as encorporating it into the color theme. The metallic segments do look a bit out of place, but other than that, the renditions are graphically lovely.
Aang's air scooter seems pretty good, a nice way to encorporate his huge maneuverability without turning him into another gross Silver Surfer. I'm a little disappointed that you didn't figure out a way to squeeze his bending of other elements onto the card somehow, but can understand why you chose to omit that aspect of the character... it really bloats the hero if you even just do one special per element plus avatar state. He's kind of like Superman, it's hard to get even all the basic powers on the card because he's so versatile.
Now Sokka... Sokka is just weird. I would have expected him to be at least half the point cost of the avatar. Certainly not 30 points more expensive! He's not a bad fighter, especially now that he's gotten some sword training, but he's not exactly a match for a bender by himself either, let alone the avatar. I think he would fit easier into armies and feel more like Sokka if he was a cheapo pseudobonding unit.
I have not seen enough of the other two cartoons to comment on the rest of the cards, but am quite glad someone's bothering to make cards of fun toons these days. I think they'd fit just as well in your normal thread, but I suppose as long as no one objects it doesn't make things too unorganized for a creator to have two customs threads with different thematic focuses....

Professional fiction
Fanfiction
To Ne-Gok-Sa
Like dating women
Statistics doom your players
Till they get lucky

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards