Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games
Video Games Computer and console games.

Old December 8th, 2011, 10:24 AM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: What Video Game are you Currently Playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABOMINATION View Post
Spending my gaming time on the multiplayer of Assassin's Creed: Revelations. That has to be one of the best feelings in gaming when you get first place in the final 20 seconds of the game.
Due to a friend wanting to see it, I actually started back up the story in Brotherhood finally last night. I really wish they hadn't decided to milk this franchise dry. Fantastic games, but they've really overdone it. Maybe someday I'll see Revelations, but I kind of suspect it'll wind up like the .hack// stuff.
Old December 8th, 2011, 11:21 AM
Chilly Fangirl

ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABOMINATION View Post
Spending my gaming time on the multiplayer of Assassin's Creed: Revelations. That has to be one of the best feelings in gaming when you get first place in the final 20 seconds of the game.
Due to a friend wanting to see it, I actually started back up the story in Brotherhood finally last night. I really wish they hadn't decided to milk this franchise dry. Fantastic games, but they've really overdone it. Maybe someday I'll see Revelations, but I kind of suspect it'll wind up like the .hack// stuff.
I actually don't mind a yearly release, I enjoy it that much. I can see how Call of Duty has really over done it with yearly releases and always looks the same, but Assassin's Creed had about eight studios working on Revelations alone, so that is how they get it out that fast. I'm really looking forward to Assassin's Creed 3, set in a more modern time. I dunno, I can see how some people would consider it milking the franchise dry, but I really enjoy running on rooftops and double assassinating guards below.
Old December 8th, 2011, 09:23 PM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!

Stick with what works. People complain about Call of Duty being the same thing over and over, but if you copy and paste sequels to a AAA game, you're going to get AAA games. Yeah, it's being milked hardcore, but people buy the games hardcore so I don't really see the problem.

Also, lol @ people that are bad at Call of Duty, and then decide to hate on it. I've seen friends of mine say that they love Halo, and then immediately start hating it the second they start losing. Their hatred of Call of Duty is directly proportional to how ****ty they are at the games.

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep

Last edited by ParaGoomba Slayer; December 8th, 2011 at 09:31 PM.
Old December 9th, 2011, 10:13 AM

B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaGoomba Slayer View Post
Stick with what works. People complain about Call of Duty being the same thing over and over, but if you copy and paste sequels to a AAA game, you're going to get AAA games. Yeah, it's being milked hardcore, but people buy the games hardcore so I don't really see the problem.

Also, lol @ people that are bad at Call of Duty, and then decide to hate on it. I've seen friends of mine say that they love Halo, and then immediately start hating it the second they start losing. Their hatred of Call of Duty is directly proportional to how ****ty they are at the games.
Sticking with what works is a good theory, but on annual game releases of a certain brand, it can only go so far because people catch on. Once everything starts to feel rehashed, people start to realize they don't need to buy the same game every year. I've gotten burnt out with Call of Duty. I bought MW3 mostly because I wanted to see the conclusion to the story and true, I often play online, but I think I'm done with Call of Duty for a while. Its even worse when you read articles of game developers announcing the next sequel and the newest game hasn't even been a month old yet (Battlefield 4 was announced just a week after Battlefield 3 hit stores). The proof is in the pudding...

Sports games are starting to release every other year so there's a gap in time as sales have dropped. Likewise, sales for music based games plummeted because they were releasing 2-3 games a year, to which you don't see releases of Guitar Hero or Rock Band anymore. Give it enough time and perhaps Assassins Creed and Call of Duty will succumb to the same issues. The developers are not crazy for trying to milk a good thing, but it can only go so far before the well gets dry.

It takes a revolution to begin evolution...
www.myspace.com/theautimis - Check out the Heroscape inspired song, "Valhalla's On Fire" at this link!!! (lyrics included)
Old December 9th, 2011, 10:18 AM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by B:T:L Matt View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaGoomba Slayer View Post

Sticking with what works is a good theory, but on annual game releases of a certain brand, it can only go so far because people catch on. Once everything starts to feel rehashed, people start to realize they don't need to buy the same game every year. I've gotten burnt out with Call of Duty. I bought MW3 mostly because I wanted to see the conclusion to the story and true, I often play online, but I think I'm done with Call of Duty for a while. Its even worse when you read articles of game developers announcing the next sequel and the newest game hasn't even been a month old yet (Battlefield 4 was announced just a week after Battlefield 3 hit stores). The proof is in the pudding...

Sports games are starting to release every other year so there's a gap in time as sales have dropped. Likewise, sales for music based games plummeted because they were releasing 2-3 games a year, to which you don't see releases of Guitar Hero or Rock Band anymore. Give it enough time and perhaps Assassins Creed and Call of Duty will succumb to the same issues. The developers are not crazy for trying to milk a good thing, but it can only go so far before the well gets dry.
It needs to be good and there should be a reason for it. If there are no improvements, hold off until you can add something new to the game. More of the same can work for 2-3 games, but not every year.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old December 11th, 2011, 07:46 AM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Finished Portal 2 and all I can say is wow!

Easily one of the most imaginative games in years and an amazing sequel. The co-op is brilliant and the story. The story!

If you haven't played it, you cannot understand how they took the interesting dialog from the first game with GlaDos and actually made an extremely rich world and story from it. I've typically not a fan on any level of story in games where your character is mute and never speaks. But what they did in this was simply amazing. I simply cannot recommend this game enough, especially if you have someone who likes puzzle games that you can play with.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old December 11th, 2011, 12:00 PM
The New York Yankees are the greatest baseball team ever!

Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby! Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby! Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby! Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby! Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschild View Post
Finished Portal 2 and all I can say is wow!

Easily one of the most imaginative games in years and an amazing sequel. The co-op is brilliant and the story. The story!

If you haven't played it, you cannot understand how they took the interesting dialog from the first game with GlaDos and actually made an extremely rich world and story from it. I've typically not a fan on any level of story in games where your character is mute and never speaks. But what they did in this was simply amazing. I simply cannot recommend this game enough, especially if you have someone who likes puzzle games that you can play with.
I totally agree! Plus, the game's actually funny, don't forget that!

I just finished Arkham Asylum, and I can definitely say that I will pick up Arkham City as soon as I feasibly can. The game was incredible. The voice acting BRILLIANT (if you thought Heath Ledger was creepy as the Joker, you have to see Mark Hamill in his prime in the game)!

My only complaint was the boss battles left a little to be desired. Compared to the rest of the game and the legions of minions you have to fight...the boss fights were way to easy and simple. On average I beat them within three tries. If the boss battles were more like Deus Ex (hard, but not unbeatable) and made you feel like you accomplished something...the game would have been perfect.

Not sure what I'll be playing next. I may go back to Fallout 3, I haven't made it past Megaton, so I think that's a great option.

The cake is a lie.

-Insert Witty Signature Here-
Old December 11th, 2011, 12:18 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

If I were to get 1 game between Batman: Arkham City or Skyrim, what should I get?

I rented Arkham City and it's amazing for sure.

I've seen my nephew play Skyrim for about 15 minutes and it looks amazing.

What I'm looking for is something that will have replayability and just plain fun.

I love both genres, so that isn't an issue.

Thanks in advance.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old December 11th, 2011, 12:35 PM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
If I were to get 1 game between Batman: Arkham City or Skyrim, what should I get?

What I'm looking for is something that will have replayability and just plain fun.

Thanks in advance.
Can't speak for Batman, but Skyrim has a ridiculous level of replayability. With 10 races and 18 skills sets, every character can be completely different. Not to mention the staggering amount of locations and quests out there and different factions to join.
Old December 11th, 2011, 03:53 PM
The New York Yankees are the greatest baseball team ever!

Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby! Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby! Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby! Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby! Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uprising View Post
Quote:

Thanks in advance.
Can't speak for Batman, but Skyrim has a ridiculous level of replayability. With 10 races and 18 skills sets, every character can be completely different. Not to mention the staggering amount of locations and quests out there and different factions to join.
While I haven't played either game, I believe Skyrim is the choice to make there. I've heard nothing but good things about it.

The cake is a lie.

-Insert Witty Signature Here-
Old December 12th, 2011, 11:31 AM

LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uprising View Post
Quote:

Thanks in advance.
It's not that I want to besmirch Skyrim- far from it- but I ever-so-gently disagree. Perhaps this is just me, but games like Skyrim, Oblivion, Morrowind, etc are games I log tons of hours in and then don't play again. Here's my reasoning: The lion's share of the fun of Skyrim is the insane amount of immersive gameplay. You really feel like you're getting out and exploring and finding out what happens. Once you know what's going to happen and the immersion is gone you're left with a game with pretty predictable mechanics. Contrast with a game like Mass Effect where I'll play through 3 times and each play will be fundamentally different.

The other side of that is that near 100% completion of Mass Effect can be played through in about 40 hours. I logged about 4 times that for Oblivion and maybe? got 50% completion.

Skyrim's content is even more mind blowing. I'm 80-so hours in and maybe 10% done? With the Radiant Engine there's an unlimited amount of quests. Want a quest? It automatically generates quests- kill a giant, some bandits, or rescue a captured villager in a dungeon you've never been to. You could, theoretically, play this game forever. Unlike Oblivion, the choices you make in the beginning have very little effect on how you play the game: no more classes, major/minor skills, or birthsigns. The only thing you pick is your race and gender which are mostly insignificant (Although I love my Kajiiit's Nighteye)

Maybe I won't play it again because I'll never find 1500 hours to do it over again.

Last edited by LilMoochie : five minutes ago.
Reason: You think it's mindless drivel now? You should have seen it before.
LilMoochie's Maps, LilMoochie's trades
Old December 12th, 2011, 11:47 AM

Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby! Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby! Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby! Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby!

I've currently been playing Starcraft 2 these past few weeks. I got it almost a year ago, but it is unsurprisingly more fun when your friends (finally) get it also. I'm pretty terriblem, but the incredible amount of custom content allows me to find a few games I'm good at, and the multiplayer is fun regardless of my skill level.

I've also been playing Halo: Anniversary. I wish I had more time to forge on the maps because some of them seem to have so much potential as far as map-making goes. Campaign is fun, its nice to replay an old classic, even if I'm admittedly not very far into it thanks to Starcraft.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games