Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape
Heroes of Star Wars Scape The place for all your Star Wars customs needs.

Old January 22nd, 2023, 05:11 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: The HoSS Cantina

Happy Birthday Mac!
Old January 22nd, 2023, 06:14 PM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Happy birthday!!!
Old January 22nd, 2023, 10:40 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Thanks, gang!

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old February 6th, 2023, 10:17 AM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

I wanted to share some HoSS fun:

After building a large colosseum and playing Romans vs Gladiators, I decided to go for a Star Wars theme. Due to my prequel figures not all having cards yet, I went to the Star Wars Rebels era for the game. The Empire player started in the Colosseum with a prisoner - Ahsoka Tano*. Admiral Ozzel, BT-1* and 0-0-0* are inside the pit, preparing for her torture and exaction via a 3-man group of Heavy Stormtroopers. The Empire gets to place the Royal Guards and either Vader or Palpatine behind a door in a room in the inside - the door opens automatically when the prisoner is rescued. The Empire also places 2x Scout Troopers, 3x Stormtroopers, 3 Probe Droids and 2 E-Web Guns on the walls as they see fit. A Rebel team consisting of Kanan*, Ezra*, Chopper*, Zeb*, Sabine* and Hera* pick a side to start on (forcing the Empire to spread their resources to cover both sides) and have to extract the prisoner - if Ahsoka makes it to the starting zone alive, the Rebels win.

Yesterday, the Jedi leaped up the walls while Zeb and Chopper took the stairs, all wiping the floor with Stormtroopers. They destroyed the first E-Web with little trouble, opened the door to let Sabine in. Kanan and Sabine rushed the center to get to Ahsoka while Zeb dominated one wall. After releasing Ahsoka, Kanan fell to Vader and his Royal Guards, but Ahsoka was able to wipe out Vader with a couple of vicious attacks. Zeb grabbed Chopper, jumped down into the arena, the heroes gathered together as Ozzel opened the far gate, letting more Stormtroopers swarm in, and Hera flew in for the extraction.

This morning, the plan was similar. However, the first E-Web landed several wounds on Zeb before exploding after it's first turn. Stormtroopers and Scouts landed a couple wounds on everyone while the other E-Web made its way around the arena. BT-1 and 0-0-0 attacked Sabine and Kanan in the middle and Ezra got pinned down before he could get to the other E-Web. The heroes freed Ahsoka and the door opened where Vader and the Guard were waiting. They never made it to the battle though, because BT and 000 attacked Ahsoka, torturing her for information and inflicting 3 wounds. The E-Web then opened up and killed Ahsoka - win for the Empire!

Both were a ton of fun! HoSS is considerably complexer than normal HeroScape and that makes it harder for beginners, but I really enjoyed both games!

All figured with a * are customs from the Imperial Assault line - they need paint, but are excellent fits and the only minis of these figures that I know of.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old February 16th, 2023, 07:44 AM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

How do I get the Force Push symbol in MSE? I can get force sensitive and force leap, but not Force Push

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old February 16th, 2023, 03:35 PM

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai-Pan View Post
How do I get the Force Push symbol in MSE? I can get force sensitive and force leap, but not Force Push
If you can get sensitive and leap, then your "style" file sounds like it is correct. Make sure you have the following info in your "game" file, "symbol-font" file and the symbol-font folder:

game

symbol-font

symbol-font folder

Edit: If you don't do Marvel, then you don't have to have entries for any of those symbols in the symbol-font or game files.

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Old February 23rd, 2023, 04:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac122 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai-Pan View Post
If you can get sensitive and leap, then your "style" file sounds like it is correct. Make sure you have the following info in your "game" file, "symbol-font" file and the symbol-font folder:

game

symbol-font

symbol-font folder

Edit: If you don't do Marvel, then you don't have to have entries for any of those symbols in the symbol-font or game files.
Ah, I am missing the symbols - I have Marvel Flight and Superstrength and SW Force Leap and Force Sensitive.

Where can I find the missing Push power and how can I add a symbol of my own?

Jugger

Old February 23rd, 2023, 03:35 PM

@Tai-Pan here is the push symbol.

As for adding your own, it is fairly easy (if I am remembering all the steps).
First, create your symbol and add it to the folder with the other symbols. (third image)

Next, choose a letter to represent your symbol and in the "symbol-font" file, add an additional "symbol" entry - symbol, code, and image - following the format for the existing symbols. Also, be sure to add the "item" reference in the "insert symbol menu" at the bottom of the file. (second image)

Finally, in your "game" file, add the reference letter in both the "filter_rule" and "match" lines, following the format shown. (first image)

That should be all that is needed. I took a quick look through my game file and did not see any other references that would need to be updated. If you have any issues, let me know and I'll check again to see if I missed something.

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Old February 25th, 2023, 10:46 AM

Thanks Mac. I don't know if I had an older version, but the P for Force Push was missing all over the place - in the game file and in the symbols file. That was my first excersion into writing code - thanks for the help!

Jugger

Old April 27th, 2023, 07:23 PM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Old April 27th, 2023, 07:34 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Haha, that's great!
Old April 28th, 2023, 12:22 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I'll give them credit, they've been doing a good marketing push for this game. Got a good chuckle out of the poncho gag they did too. Guessing it's the game company rather than Disney that's in charge of it.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape