Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old September 2nd, 2010, 02:48 PM
The Closer

Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Deathstroke-brainstorming phase

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
I don't know much about the theme of the unit, but I like how he counters Flash. (Even though Flash is one of my favorite Units) AND Doesn't the brainstorming phase come first?
I knew I would mess something up

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hidicul View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
I think he needs a Healing Factor too.
He does have one, but I figured that I could give him 6 life and 6 defense to represent that. We already have some C3G units and multiple official ones with healing factors and I just don't want to turn them into fall back options for powers.
Sorry for the double post but what Official Units have a Healing Factor? (Unless you are thinking of the Feral Troll, and he hardly counts.)
Well the Feral Troll pops into my head, and when I first got my MS3, it took me 3 or 4 trys to get past him in the first room, mainly because of the healing factor of him, so I'd say he counts. I can't think of what off hand but I'm sure there are more then just him with a healing factor though.
Old September 2nd, 2010, 02:50 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know much about the theme of the unit, but I like how he counters Flash. (Even though Flash is one of my favorite Units) AND Doesn't the brainstorming phase come first?
I knew I would mess something up

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
I think he needs a Healing Factor too.
He does have one, but I figured that I could give him 6 life and 6 defense to represent that. We already have some C3G units and multiple official ones with healing factors and I just don't want to turn them into fall back options for powers.
Sorry for the double post but what Official Units have a Healing Factor? (Unless you are thinking of the Feral Troll, and he hardly counts.)
Well the Feral Troll pops into my head, and when I first got my MS3, it took me 3 or 4 trys to get past him in the first room, mainly because of the healing factor of him, so I'd say he counts. I can't think of what off hand but I'm sure there are more then just him with a healing factor though.
Hey its your first design don't worry about it.
But yea I think using a healing factor would be fine. Its much less used than Bonding, Tough, Disengage, or Phantom Walk. But I think if a power fits a Character, you shouldn't be afraid of using it.
Old September 2nd, 2010, 03:26 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

I am so excited that Deathstroke is here in the public section. I really look forward to seeing him develop. Titans, go!

My thoughts:

Lightning Reflexes: I'm not sure I like the current incarnation of Lightning Reflexes. It seems odd that he only gets the benefit when attacking a figure that specializes in dodging. In my opinion, it would makes sense if he got the bonus against all figures, but in addition, Speed Dodge cannot be used when defending against a normal attack from Deathstroke. Something like this:

LIGHTNING REFLEXES
Figures roll 1 (or 2) less defense dice when defending against a normal attack from Deathstroke. The Speed Dodge Special Power may not be used when defending against a normal attack from Deathstroke.

This way, his reflexes are reflected on everyone, but he still hinders Speedsters.

Quick Shot Special Attack: Deathstroke definitely needs a special attack that represents his love of guns. I'm not really feeling this one, though. This feels more like a Special Attack for a sniper. I'd rather see Deathstroke have a gun attack that allows him to gain tactical advantage. Perhaps:

QUICK SHOT SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 6. Attack 3.
After Deathstroke attacks with his Quick Shot Special Attack, he may move up to 3 spaces. Deathstroke does not take leaving engagement attacks when moving due to Quick Shot Special Attack.

Assassin's Counterstrike: I like it, but I don't love it. I feel as though using blanks is being a bit overdone. On the other hand, some sort of counterstike is absolutely necessary for a Deathstroke custom. Personally, I favor an ability I use on many of my customs.

EXPERT COMBATANT
When rolling defense dice against a normal attack from an adjacent attacking figure, you may add 1 automatic shield to whatever is rolled. All excess shields count as unblockable hits on the attacking figure.

If you go this route, though, you would probably need to reduce his defense to 5 so he isn't too overpowered against melee figures.

I also like the idea of giving him a healing ability, but there's nothing I'd be willing to drop for it. Therefore, I really like your idea of rolling his healing factor into his life. Giving him 6 or 7 life definitely accomplishes this.

Last edited by Balantai; September 2nd, 2010 at 03:31 PM.
Old September 2nd, 2010, 04:10 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Oooh, this guy's going to be controversial ... my take on some revisions based on what I've read and like and don't like as much:

LIFE = 5
MOVE =6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK =5
DEFENSE =5
POINTS = ?

HEALING FACTOR
After taking a turn with Deathstroke, remove one Wound Marker from this card.

QUICK SHOT SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 6. Attack 3.
Figures roll 2 less defense dice when defending against Deathstroke's Quick Shot Special Attack. After Deathstroke attacks with his Quick Shot Special Attack, he may move up to 3 spaces. Deathstroke does not take leaving engagement attacks when moving due to Quick Shot Special Attack.

RUTHLESS COUNTER STRIKE
When rolling defense dice against a normal attack from an adjacent figure, if Deathstroke is not destroyed by this attack, all skulls rolled count as unblockable hits on the attacking figure.

No reason to completely reinvent the wheel here, IMO. Healing Factor X without the X and Ruthless Counter Strike are awesome fits on this card, and Lightning Reflexes can be essentially folded into his special attack. You lose a tiny bit of the speedster theme this way, but he'll still play thematically against Speedsters, which is the primary goal. I like cards where the theme is subtle and doesn't always feel like it has to be spelled out.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library