Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Old January 18th, 2011, 10:48 PM
Popsicle stick Admiral

Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Hydra Head Removal Instructions - Filthy's Version

Love it ! I might try it if I get my hands on a second hydra

I have some magnets not sure if they are the right size
Old January 19th, 2011, 06:27 PM
Online HS Season 1 Champion & 'scape's foremost 'scapegoat

Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocktroll View Post

I would love to see pictures of a successful magnet mod.

As for my 'shade-tree' method: six months later, and my modified Hydra is still solid. The heads do not work themselves loose, and they have been removed many a game, as well as added back on in-game, thanks to Rhogar.
Old January 19th, 2011, 06:31 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy the Clown View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocktroll View Post

I would love to see pictures of a successful magnet mod.

As for my 'shade-tree' method: six months later, and my modified Hydra is still solid. The heads do not work themselves loose, and they have been removed many a game, as well as added back on in-game, thanks to Rhogar.
I am still carrying my extra Hydra around in my car, waiting to find some magnets that work. Whenever I finally get it done I'll share my work/results.

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)

Last edited by Killometer; January 20th, 2011 at 01:33 AM. Reason: link added for shameless self-promotion
Old January 19th, 2011, 10:47 PM

The Deadliest Warrior knows what's in an order marker The Deadliest Warrior knows what's in an order marker

This is a great idea! Love it! If only more Units could be "edited" with in this way!

'My dog's got no nose.'
"How does it smell?"
'Terrible.'
Old January 23rd, 2011, 08:02 PM
Christmas Custom Contest Champion

sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby!

One great way to know which head goes on which is to write on the removable head 1-4, starting with the leftmost head, and going across.
this way, when you take them off, you dont see a huge 4 on the stump, which would ruin the effect.

2 time winner of the Gencon Team Tournament
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer View Post
Special Attacks are severely modified by death.
Trade Thread Selling most of my collection!
Old January 23rd, 2011, 08:31 PM

MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killometer View Post
Looks good. Hopefully this will motivate me to get mine made up pretty soon (I've only been talking about it for 4 months without actually doing anything .
I am looking forward to seeing how the magnet route turns out. Better yet: build a switch in the back of the hydra so that the heads move up and down.

Thanks,
Filthy

Here you go.

My customs HERE.
With Two Es
Old January 23rd, 2011, 09:12 PM

dart48 knows what's in an order marker dart48 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWookiee View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killometer View Post
Looks good. Hopefully this will motivate me to get mine made up pretty soon (I've only been talking about it for 4 months without actually doing anything .
I am looking forward to seeing how the magnet route turns out. Better yet: build a switch in the back of the hydra so that the heads move up and down.

Thanks,
Filthy

Here you go.
Great job, Love it!!
Old January 23rd, 2011, 09:30 PM

tomcollins2000 knows what's in an order marker tomcollins2000 knows what's in an order marker

nice job man and on the cheep too.

Knowledge is Power.
Power Corrupts.
Study Hard.
Be Evil.
Old January 23rd, 2011, 09:38 PM

MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcollins2000 View Post
nice job man and on the cheep too.
What?

My customs HERE.
With Two Es
Old January 23rd, 2011, 11:12 PM

dart48 knows what's in an order marker dart48 knows what's in an order marker

I just did this to one of my hydras, it turned out pretty bad. Ya, I'm not very good a mods...

On the positive note, it is a cool idea, my hydra will be fun to play with I think.
Old May 25th, 2011, 11:32 PM

belgarath rolls all skulls baby! belgarath rolls all skulls baby! belgarath rolls all skulls baby! belgarath rolls all skulls baby!

Awesome idea. I'll have to get an extra or two to practice on so I can have my own hydra with removable heads.
Old August 20th, 2012, 10:29 AM
Online HS Season 1 Champion & 'scape's foremost 'scapegoat

Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun

Gently bumping this thread on account of all of the 'modified hydra' questions at Gencon. Please see the OP for specific instructions.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions