Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 7th, 2008, 11:37 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Heroscape Game Night Ideas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomolka View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rym View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Mmirg View Post
Along the lines of the President Game and what hextr1p has suggested is my Raelin/Queens game. Think of it as chess, except Raelin is the King. It makes for an interesting set of strategies, since she is a buff to those around her, but bringing her into play also means putting her at risk.

(Thanks for the nod to my thread, Gomolka--it's appreciated!)
We do one like this called 'Rescue Raelin' where you have to - you guessed it - rescue Raelin from the otherside of the board. She can't be activated until then.

Another one we do is 'Football'. This has to be my favorite Heroscape variation. We take a wide and long flat map with 7-hex columns interspersed throughout. The columns are too high for normal (ie, non-flying) characters to get on to, but provide for great LOS blockers. Then we put a glyph in the middle of the board and you must pick it up, go to the other end of the board and 'score'. Every touchdown equals 50 points, and if you have any dead units, you can buy them back into the game. For example, the Krav cost 100, so each individual Krav is 33 points, so you got 17 points left over for the next touchdown. Or if you wanted to buy back Cyprien, you gotta score 3 times.

At some point one or the other of you will begin to run away with the game and then it's pretty much over. But it sure is fun - imagine, Krug running with a football.
LoL! That's one of the most creative things I have heard of yet. I may just have to try this one, however I see Cyprien Esenwein taking this one with ease. With stealth flying, 8 move, and 6 life, he isn't going anywhere anytime soon. Not to mention, you can still try to chilling touch/attack any squad members along the way. I can see him making 3 touchdowns on his own before he is taken down, and then by that time you could just buy him back.

This is very interesting, and I'll try it out on my own at first, and see how I like it.
When we first tried it, Cyprien wasn't out yet, so yeah, I guess he could be the Barry Sanders or Emmitt Smith of the Heroscape world.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion