Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online
Scapers Online Discussing the online HS community

Old July 23rd, 2009, 05:19 PM
Silly Kid

arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Index to Excellent Threads and HS Resources

Just looked at this thread again- it's the greatest resource. I'd suggest adding ollie's Tournament Scoring Methods thread to the list under "Tournaments".
Old October 8th, 2009, 11:49 PM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

A great resource! Critical to my NHSD planning!
Old October 9th, 2009, 08:03 AM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

http://www.nflshop.com/family/index....goryId=2237513

Excellent Thread.

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog
Old November 3rd, 2009, 03:41 AM

imgame is surprisingly tart

Thanks for the fantastic list. I've been reading here for a couple of weeks and just came across this one tonight.

Now if I could just figure out which order to read them in. For us noobs it's a little overwhelming. I'm sure it started out as a short list for new members but it looks like scope creep must have taken over. Don't get me wrong, it's great to have all this linked from one quick location and reasuring, knowing that the community helped contibute to the list inclusions. I expect that over the next few months I may even get it all read. Maybe each link could be labled with an indicatior of importance for new members. Something like all the most important stuff has a 1 next to it and all the great stuff but "can be read as interest sparks" as a 5 with 2-4 listed for everything else. Just my 2c.

In any case, the list is great and will surely be a jumping point for most of my reading.

Thanks.
Old November 3rd, 2009, 08:54 AM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

From my very subjective point of view, here are the five threads I would suggest new players look through first (in no particular order).

HeroScape Brief Card for Beginners - This is a great resource and reminder of the rules for those just starting the game.

Battlefields of Valhalla - Essential for those who want great maps and those who want to learn how to build them.

The Definitive List of Definitive Lists - I'm completely biased, but I think there is a wealth of information in the Lists.

The BOOKS Index - I'm even more biased in favor of the usefulness of the BOOKS.

HeroScape Power Rankings - The thread to read when you're getting ready for your first tournaments.
Old November 3rd, 2009, 11:03 AM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Rev made me think, you know, there kinda should be two lists, one with NO MORE than 6 or 7 of them up at the top "READ THESE BEFORE ANYTHING ELSE" kinda thing and then all of the other ones.

All of the others go in a big spoiler tag. As it is now, a noob will probably see all 100 of those links and just say to himself "Wow, I do not have time to read all of that....oh my god, it keeps going! How could I ever read all this?" and won't bother to read a single thing. I am fairly certain that that is what I did, and I am the kind of person that loves reading walls of text and such. Imagine somebody that has an attention span of about 30 seconds!

I think that hiding the massive list until they have read the most important 4 or 5 would be a good idea.
Old November 3rd, 2009, 11:40 AM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

Thanks all. I've been working on an Index 2.0 for quite a while now, but real-life has been getting in the way. I hope to get it out soon.

The new Index will have a short New User guide at the top (Rev's list is a great guide to this--thanks!) and will have threads listed alphabetically by topic (more like a real index), and thus a lot easier to find.

Sorry that my life got a bit busy. I also have a list of about several new threads that I want to add, but have been distracted by other projects (as well as the Index 2.0).

Hope to unveil the new index soon. Glad to see that people are still getting use out of this one. There is a lot here, but hopefully skimming the descriptive blurbs will help you decide which topics look most interesting to you.

I appreciate the suggestions and help!
Old November 3rd, 2009, 11:56 AM
pretty princess pony precious power!

J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I loved 1Mmirg's compilations so much I put them in my sig and forced it upon ChocolateDrizzle!

Seriously though, everything I ever need is right there. Thank You!
Old February 5th, 2010, 02:51 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

I updated and created a list of the best Heroscaping reads on this site. Mostly theoryscape and mathscape, but great to kill time between game/releases.

Best Thread List: TheoryScape, MathScape, and The Meta Game</SPAN>

Great work by they way!

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old February 5th, 2010, 03:02 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

Thanks, wriggz, great index! (I've added it here as well.)

I've got to get mine redone. It's halfway in between, but I just haven't got it finished. Too many distractions, not to mention a book I'm trying to get done in the next month or so. (And I'm trying something new this time.)

I will have a new and improved Index 2.0 up soon, but when, I'm not sure. Thanks for your collective patience--and to those that are still finding use in this current Index.
Old May 4th, 2010, 10:22 AM
Adrian Monk

Well, I have finally done it. Rather than keep trying to update this thread, I have moved to a new alphabetical index - the INDEX 2.0. I welcome suggestions and help as I get this new index up and running. Come check it out.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online