Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games
Other Games Board, Card, Video, etc.

Old November 3rd, 2007, 07:56 AM
assistant leader

skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun
Fantasy Flight Games ....Doing it right

First and foremost let me say this....Heroscape is my favorite game hands down as many of you know. But Hasbro on the other hand.....well not neccessarily my favorite game company. This is for obvious reasons...Hasbro goes after kids most of the time. Good for them but that does fail to capture my imagination for the most part. But here is the deal....you want to be mystified and excited about a game company??? Get ahold of a Fantasy Flight game brochure sometime and you will find everything you love is in those pages.
And that is just the brochure...so many awesome titles and wonderful artwork. Now lets talk games....Massive amounts of playing pieces, giant boxes, gorgeous cards. We have fantasy, war, Sci Fi, and so much more... If you can open a Fantasy Flight Game and not get excited by what you see then you are stone cold :P These guys know exactly who I am and what I like....there is not one single game in their current catalogue I would not try....everything and I do mean everything is so enticing when you look at it.
As of right now I am playing Descent....soon it wil be Tide of Iron, Tanhauser, and Starcraft, and most likely Twilight Imperium and World of Warcraft....if you guys have not tried any of this companies games...I highly highly recommend them.

Like I said from the get go, Scape holds the crown no doubt in my mind...but as an overall company no one is doing it better than Fantasy Flight!!!! I so wish Hasbro had FF's Marketing guys on board :P

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/products.html
Old November 3rd, 2007, 08:37 AM

royaldoy has disabled reputation
Great customer service too. Missing mini replaced with no hassle immediately. Wrong "die" in my game, replaced immediately, no hassle. I guess their quality control is suffering slightly though.

A lot of quality games though, that's for sure. I seem to be playing 10% hasbro (Heroscape, Eye of Judgement) and 89% FFG. 1% reserved for other.

I choose you...Isamu!
Old November 3rd, 2007, 10:56 AM

Dreaded Gazebo has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by royaldoy
Great customer service too. Missing mini replaced with no hassle immediately. Wrong "die" in my game, replaced immediately, no hassle. I guess their quality control is suffering slightly though.
Yeah, FFG's customer service is fantastic. Accidentally spilled a beverage while playing Descent and about a dozen or so cards got wet and were in pretty bad shape. FFG replaced them at no cost!

When it comes to theme and production value, FFG pretty much always nails it. I have a pretty healthy game collection and play all sorts of games from lots of publishers and designers, but I think FFG is the most prominent publisher in my collection. They really know how to do their games up right!
Old November 3rd, 2007, 11:08 AM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Their customer service sounds excellent.

My son and I own a lot of the Silver Line games. Lots of fun in such small boxes. The artwork - always a pleasure to behold.
I'm salivating for the Wings of War game.
It now has Biplane miniatures?!?

though temporarily out of stock.
Old November 3rd, 2007, 11:29 AM

Mindfreak is surprisingly tart
Nope, 'Scaper 'till the end.

NUFF SAID.
Old November 3rd, 2007, 11:45 AM
Man Genius

InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Sky, you're absolutely right. FFG makes magnificent games. It's like opening a box of toys every time you break one open. Even their Silver Line games, which tend to be lots of cardstock and very little plastic, are some really cool games, just really affordable. And their big games can blow your mind. War of the Ring (which I loved and my dad hated) is enormous, and can take hours to finish. I think my dad hated it because I corrupted his ringbearer two steps from the Crack of Doom.

http://drakesflames.blogspot.com
Drake's Flames, my crassly opinionated game review site. Updates three times a week.
Old November 3rd, 2007, 11:49 AM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I have Descent plus both expansions, Doom plus expansion, and Runebound plus expansions. They have some very high quality games. I would like to take the dive and get some of their other games, but I just don't seem myself playing them enough to justify the cost right now.
Old November 3rd, 2007, 12:58 PM
assistant leader

skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfreak
Nope, 'Scaper 'till the end.

NUFF SAID.
Being a Scaper is fine and they have my loyalty....but that does not mean you cannot appreciate other games.

I think I max said it best....opening a Fantasy Flight Game is reminiscent of being a kid and opening a Christmas present....there is just so much stuff it is almost an overload at first!!!
Old November 3rd, 2007, 01:15 PM

STAROCEAN980 knows what's in an order marker STAROCEAN980 knows what's in an order marker
Wow, Blue Moon City looks really cool!

My maps:

R.I.P. Ugly-Caco
Old November 3rd, 2007, 01:38 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by STAROCEAN980
Wow, Blue Moon City looks really cool!
Its a good game. I think it makes a great gateway game into the gaming world.

FFG is awesome. I got a warped board with one of my games and they replaced it really fast. The Customer Service rep was very helpful.
Old November 3rd, 2007, 02:26 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Nice idea for a thread since it's nice to see a positive thread about a company and not just all the negative ones! FFG is a great company with excellent customer service and most of their games are awesome not only for being enjoyable but for all the cool bits in them.

Newb.
Old November 3rd, 2007, 04:14 PM
assistant leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilNewbie
Nice idea for a thread since it's nice to see a positive thread about a company and not just all the negative ones! FFG is a great company with excellent customer service and most of their games are awesome not only for being enjoyable but for all the cool bits in them.

Newb.
I agree, running a business for a good long time I feel the same way. people like to talk about bad things and not good things. We used to have a saying... if soemone has a good time three people here about it...if someone has a bad time everyone hears about it.

As for their Customer Service???? I have no idea, I have not had a problem yet....but I would swear the guy picking what lines to carry has my exact same taste to a tee.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games