Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online
Scapers Online Discussing the online HS community

Closed Thread

Old November 26th, 2010, 10:52 PM

Tysac is surprisingly tart
Re: HS Trade Thread & Good Traders

Good Trades:generalginax3/robbdaman/Nano*22x2/ chaoserver/DaddyScaper/KCUMaster2007/redamm/RubyValentine/Paronychodon/SuperflyTNT/SgtHulka/mikelizzio/Filthy the Clown/Draconious/PHippo/personwholives

Bad Trades: Onacara

Last edited by Tysac; January 26th, 2011 at 01:11 PM. Reason: Turning it into my trade ref thread.
Old November 27th, 2010, 10:04 AM
Ruler of the Damned

Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun

I finished repainting my 4th Mass yesterday, but I've got a question (not sure this is the right place to ask, but ...)

As you probably know, I repainted some 4th Mass to redcoats before the 10th Reg came out, so I used these to repaint to Samuel Brown. When I painted them as redcoats, I painted their socks/spats white (which also is how the 10th Reg came out). But I can't tell from the images on the Samuel Brown card if the socks/spats are supposed to be white or gray (like the original 4th Mass). So, which way are they supposed to be?

Here is a picture of the finished product:

I'll be selling the extras (the two with the correct sculpture are already taken -- one for us and one for my son's friend). I just have to figure out what a fair price is (I'm open to suggestions, but I don't want to turn this into an auction).

I've order some of the Hasbro Toy Shop 10th/Wolves packs at their fire sale (too bad they'll only let you order one set at a time) that I'll repaint as well.

And lastly, I've been asked if people send me their 4th Mass, will I paint them for them. Short answer is yes, but it will have to wait until January as I have too much going on between now and then. I'll post more on this then (assuming the interest is still there).

-----------------------
Added:
Instead of creating another post in this already long thread, I'll answer questions here:

Painting -- used artist acrylics (comes in tubes at any craft store or even department stores -- our Walmart carries them).
  1. First wash the figures to clean dirt and oils from them (mild dish soap works fine) -- be carefull not to get the sticker on the base wet.
  2. Paint the coat brown - the brown was between 60/40 and 50/50 mixture of Yellow Ochre and Burnt Umber (trial and error until it looked right).
  3. After the paint had had a day to completely dry, I then went over the whole figure with a black wash (black paint extremely diluted with water) and then patted the figure with a paper towel (takes most of black off, but leaves it in low spots and gives the whole figure a subdued color - i.e., dingy look.

A couple things on the card -- if you print it and cut along the edges as printed, it will be larger than all other Heroscape cards. This is because it has the extra boarder so a cutting machine doesn't have to be exactly on center when it cuts the cards (I'm sure we all have some cards that aren't exactly on center but still have the boarder pattern all the way to edge of the card). What I did was use one of my glyph cards (I used a glyph card so that if I accidently got a mark on it, I would be "ruining" one of the regular cards) and put it on top of the print out (centered of course) and then traced around it. Then I just cut out on the line (taking the line when cutting) and it was the correct size. I printed mine on card stock, but I'm thinking of doing a second one on photo paper. Also, if you are going to laminate the card (I did using the "cheap" method of applying the sticky clear laminate sheets to both sides), do this before cutting the card out -- it is just easier and you only have to cut once).

Last edited by Retlaw; November 27th, 2010 at 11:15 AM. Reason: Add painting method and comments on card
Old November 27th, 2010, 10:56 AM

rutgerkerremans Woo who?

which painting did you use
Old November 27th, 2010, 11:58 AM

aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby! aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby! aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby! aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby!

Updated list (again)

Added Repulsors, looking for Shaolin Monks.
Old November 27th, 2010, 02:19 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
I printed mine on card stock, but I'm thinking of doing a second one on photo paper.
I did a half dozen on photo paper (went to Office Depot and they were having a "buy one get two free" sale on Black Friday of photo paper. They turned out perfect when cut and inserted into HouseMouse.com plastic sleeves. I am very pleased with the product.
Old November 27th, 2010, 04:57 PM

Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by dart48 View Post
Have
Wa-sa-ga
Gurie-oni
Maybe zelrig and zetacron
(I'd like to keep these though)
Want
Any flagbearer
Heavy gruts x2+
Ticalla jungle 1+
or
Spiders x2+
Check sig for full wants

You need to clear your in box. I can't send you PM's until you do.

Heroscape is a gateway into a wonderful world of games that I never would've known existed otherwise.
Old November 27th, 2010, 07:06 PM
Has Roman Archers with a Combined Attack of 18. Seriously.

DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby! DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby! DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby! DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby!

Great trade with Bogusoid!!!! Cant wait to try these zombies out.

DragonSlayer2

In war, indeed, there is no substitute for victory. ~General MacArthur

Great Traders: Nyys, generalgina, Porkins, Grand Moff Venom, Bogusoid, MikeLizzio, FEDEX WORKER
MY TRADE LIST
Old November 28th, 2010, 12:58 AM

winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Anyone had any transactions with curseyoukhan? Working on a deal and haven't found anything up or down. The names I have are: Infrared Frog, Knuth Sleuth, Redstone and jschild. Thanks for the help.

Chuck Norris checks under his bed for Q9...

Check out my
customs, maps and mods!

Trades Here.
Old November 28th, 2010, 03:01 AM

DrVenture is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Does anyone know hexplex? or an alternate way to get in touch? Had one good trade with him then sent payment for a second two months ago and still waiting on that one. Last heard from him several weeks ago and no reponse to messages since.
Old November 28th, 2010, 08:41 AM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

Great trade as usual from GeneralGina. Thanks Gina!

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog
Old November 28th, 2010, 09:10 AM

nyphot rolls all skulls baby! nyphot rolls all skulls baby! nyphot rolls all skulls baby! nyphot rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by winonavampire View Post
Anyone had any transactions with curseyoukhan? Working on a deal and haven't found anything up or down. The names I have are: Infrared Frog, Knuth Sleuth, Redstone and jschild. Thanks for the help.
No trades, but he is a great guy--my wife played against him at a local game day and he was the soul of a gentleman. Can't imagine any problems trading with him!

I need you to be awesome. Can you be awesome?

Thanks to AmishBurrito for a promo code and Gulp for sending wound markers!
Old November 28th, 2010, 10:36 AM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

Yeah, that was said about Onacara some time back, and look at the situation with Tysac....

Don't go vouching for anyone you haven't personally dealt with because it may come back to bite you, brother!

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog
Closed Thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online