Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Old October 20th, 2008, 10:34 PM

Grand Moff Venom Woo who?
Re: PacNW NHSD Event - Vancouver WA

That was so awesome! Thanks for hosting Bhade it was a LOT of fun.
I cannot remember how all of my games went but heres my army anyway.
Krug
Major Q9
ROTV Raelin
Marro Stingers x 1
Marro Warriors
Isamu

Finished 5th place. Won 3 of 5.

If you are ever going to have another tornament PM me because I'll want to go. It was nice meeting you guys and that Skahen was really cool. Again thanks for hosting!
~G.M.Venom
Old October 21st, 2008, 03:41 AM

Bahde knows what's in an order marker Bahde knows what's in an order marker

Ok, I think I know who they go to then. Thanks.
Old October 21st, 2008, 01:36 PM
Previous Version : lafleurhero

Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I also ended up with an extra of the blue samuri guys, I don't know how because I don't remember playing against anyone that was using them. I don't think it's really going to be missed by whoever it belonged to anyway because half of the guys sword is missing. Probably it belongs to someone with kids or a dog who chewed off part of the sword

Wow, I'm some thief huh?
Old October 21st, 2008, 11:52 PM

MegadeV knows what's in an order marker MegadeV knows what's in an order marker

This was Nadom and I in Round 5 right before Braxas started her rampage.

9+ RotV - 7 SotM - 6 FotAk - 6 RttFF - 3 VW - 3 TT - 3 TJ - 1 Marvel - 3+ of each common - playing since Dec '05

Megadev's Repaints and Customs
BattletechScape
Old October 22nd, 2008, 12:44 AM
I'm Heroscape's Birthbuddy

Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegadeV View Post
This was Nadom and I in Round 5 right before Braxas started her rampage.

If only we could start over from when this picture was taken...
Seriously, thanks for posting these pictures MegaDev!
Old October 22nd, 2008, 03:25 AM

Wow, cool - thanks for posting the pics. (Thankfully I only appear in the background of one...distant background. lol)
Old October 25th, 2008, 02:35 PM

Tauren_Marine is surprisingly tart

I had a lot of fun playing in this tournament! Thank you for hosting it, Bahde. My army had 2x Knights of Weston ,2x 4th Mass. Line, Sir Gilbert, and Alastair MacDirk.

Game 1: Vs. Ryan (Cyprien, Sonya, 2x Fyorlag Spiders, Sujoah, Isamu, and Guilty McCreech) on Arctic Divide

This game started out with me moving some knokghts out to get a glyph (move +2, I think) and him charging Sujoah and the spiders to do as much damage as he could. Fortunately, my heroes were far enough back so Sujoah was stuck attacking knights and minutemen. After a few turns, Sujoah fell to the minutemen's barrage, and killed the few remaining spiders shortly after. Once Sujoah fell, he sent in Cyprien, but he made a mistake: instead of instead of flying to the edge of my army to prey on the knights there, he charged right in the middle and suffered the same fate as Sujoah. With the majority of his army gone, I sent up my remaining knights, 4th Mass, and Alastair to take out the last few guys. Isamu was unlucky and missed his first vanishing roll, and Guilty and Sonya were only able to do a couple wounds before dying.

Result: Win (1-0)

Game 2: Vs. Devan, aka MegadeV (Braxas, 4x Stingers, and Marro Warriors) on Searing Path

Starting out, we both were moving out our armies to the middle, but closer to the side without lava. Because of my knights slow move, he got the the height first and started firing on my army (stinger draining a lot). My 4th Mass. were able to return fire, and we were losing figures about equally, but every time one stinger died, another one was there to shoot back. After a little while, he moved Braxas straight up the middle, taking out a couple knights. I engaged Braxas with my knights, hoping to keep her away from my 4th Mass. and put some wounds on her. Hoping to eliminate more of my ranged threat, he disengaged the knights, but forgot about Coward's Reward and took a couple more wounds, killing her. After that, I moved Alastair up to try and take out his stingers. But he was getting really lucky with his stinger drains (I am going to burn the flaming d20 shirt) and took out Alastair before I could do as much as I wanted to. At this point, he was almost out of stingers and started moving up his Marro Warriors, but I was not much better off. I only had one knight and Gilbert. The knight died pretty quickly, leaving Gilbert the task of finishing off the army. He did pretty well, killing of 3 of the Marro Warriors, but his last Stinger managed to get the last hit on Gilbert, taking him out. This was one of the most fun Heroscape games I've ever played.

Result: Loss (1-1)

Game 3: Vs. Luke (Cyprien, Sonya, Nilfheim, and Kaemon Awa) on Embattled Fen

I started with moving my army forward, and he started with Cyprien. I made a HUGE mistake and split up my army, sending most of my figures up one side, and a few up the other side. He started with attacking the bulk of my army, but once he took a few wounds, he flew over to the other side, where I had fewer guys to attack him. After getting completely healed, he came back and attacked my main forces again. I put five wounds on him, but he just flew away right onto the healing glyph. About this time, I realized my mistake and started grouping my army together. After losing quite a few more squaddies, I managed to take Cyprien down. Now he started sending Kaemon Awa up. I defeated him fairly easily with Alastair, taking a few wounds in the process. Now it was up to Nilfheim, who came in and killed my last knights and Alastair, only to be taken out by the sole remaining 4th Mass. Now it was my last 4th Mass. agains Sonya with one life left. Seeing that I would have height advantage, I attacked rolling two skulls. Then Sonya rolled two shields, flew up, and killed the minuteman. Looking back on it, I should have pulled my 4th Mass. back, since he was worth more than Sonya with only one life, and he would have been forced to com after me. If I got lucky enough, I could have gotten height and Wait Then Fire which should have been enough to take Sonya out. At the very least, I learned a lot about facing Cyprien, and I will not make that mistake again.

Result: Loss (1-2)

Game 4: Vs. Chuck (Major Q9, Laglor, Raelin, 3x Deathreavers, and Isamu) on Viscid Flank

I saw the rats, and I almost started crying. With no special attack, I knew that they were going to be a major pain to go against. I started with moving my knights up, and I rolled five symbols on Jandar's dispatch!!! That really helped me to get my knights up farther to engage his figures faster. He started with his rats moving up to stop my knights' advance. Initially, I was attacking Q9 most of the time, until I realized I would have a better chance of taking out Raelin. I still didn't manage to take her out, or put any wounds on Q9, especially since Alastair was killed in one turn. I ended up killing all of his Deathreavers and putting a couple wounds on Raelin, and maybe a wound on Laglor, but we had to call it for time. One turn with my knights sometimes took four minutes with all the movement that went on. This was a very frustrating game, because of the rats, but Chuck was a really nice guy, and I still had fun.

Result: Loss (1-3)

Game 5: Vs. Michael (Venoc Warlord, 2x Venoc Vipers, 2x Armoc Vipers, Elite Onyx Vipers, 1x Warriors of Ashra, and Marcu Esenwein) on Full Throttle

I won initiative and moved my knights and Gilbert up and took the Unique attack +1 glyph, and took out one venoc viper first turn. He responded with moving some vipers up and attacking my knights. This game was an all out brawl the whole time, with my knights, Gilbert, and Alastair engaging his guys, and my 4th Mass. shooting down from the middle. I was able to get a 4th Mass. on the Common attack +1 glyph on the far side of the map and kept it the whole game, and that helped me a lot. I finally managed to take out all his vipers and Warriors of Ashra, leaving his warlord and Marcu. He chose to use Marcu, who attacked me once and him twice . His warlord finished off Alastair, but the knights and Gilbert finished him off.

Result: Win (2-3)

This whole day was very fun, and we are quite happy with the prizes we ended up with; my dad got the dice tower and a pack of Militia and Wolves, my brother got Agent Skahen, and I got the Ashigaru. I am looking forward to the next tournament. January would work, especially if it could be early January. We have a friend who is in college, but he will be back then, and he would like to come.
Old October 27th, 2008, 01:50 AM

2xHero knows what's in an order marker 2xHero knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahde View Post
Youre all definetly invited to the "next one"...without a doubt.

And yes, the rumors of January are sounding more and more like reality. I have to keep doing these, or attending, because I havent faced so many of the people yet that I am almost embarrassed.

I would greatly appreciate all the feedback I can get on this - and if youre hesitant to cast negative feedback in public....give me twenty lashings in a PM if you prefer.
I know it's still a little early, but would it be possible for the "next one" to be in early January? A friend of mine will be home from college, and I know he would like to come.
Old October 27th, 2008, 02:32 AM
I'm Heroscape's Birthbuddy

Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xHero View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahde View Post
Youre all definetly invited to the "next one"...without a doubt.

And yes, the rumors of January are sounding more and more like reality. I have to keep doing these, or attending, because I havent faced so many of the people yet that I am almost embarrassed.

I would greatly appreciate all the feedback I can get on this - and if youre hesitant to cast negative feedback in public....give me twenty lashings in a PM if you prefer.
I know it's still a little early, but would it be possible for the "next one" to be in early January? A friend of mine will be home from college, and I know he would like to come.
I don't want to speak for Bahde, but I think he said that was the plan. I think 600 pt. armies, too.
Old October 27th, 2008, 03:17 AM

January sounds good - but we have the facility reserved for the 24th. (It was either the 24th or 31st...and the 31st is multiple birthdays in our family.)

Yes, we are looking at 600 point armies as well as kicking around ideas on some kind of "Map makers contest" as well. I should have something posted up in a couple of weeks....and I will make sure that everyone from THIS thread is messaged and directed to the new one.
Old October 27th, 2008, 08:01 PM

temp.nerd knows what's in an order marker temp.nerd knows what's in an order marker temp.nerd knows what's in an order marker

Is it still 24 starting spaces?

Dave Grohl + Josh Homme + John Paul Jones= awesome
Old October 28th, 2008, 12:04 AM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness

January 24th sounds good to me, and so does 600 points. Looking forward to hearing details!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day