Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old April 26th, 2008, 10:38 AM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Pre-GenCon Tourney In Canton Ohio, Aug. 10th, 520 pt. Army

Hey All,

Hendal here and I am still in Costa Rica, but I am heading to GenCon this year, and thought I would let everyone know nice and early that there is a throw down in Canton Ohio the week-end before GenCon. I figure it will be based on whatever events will be held at GenCon - my thinking here is it will be great practice for those going to GenCon, and for others they will get to play in a tournament based on the GenCon Events.

I think 11 Am starting time should be good ( anyone have a earlier or later time that they think is better? ).

It will be held at the KC Glass studio - same place as the National Heroscape Day Tournaments in Canton Ohio ( held by me also ).

Let me know who is interested in this one?

I will be updating this regularly - mainly to keep bumbing it up the to top of the list so everyone has to know about my tourney .

Where: 1925 Fremont pl S.W.
Canton, Ohio 44706

It is really easy to get to -- take 77 to canton, then take 30 W, the next exit is Harrision/Navarro exit. Take this , and get off the exit and head right, pass one light and then go under a train bridge, one more block and you see Fisher foods on the right, at the end of Fishers parking lot is Freemont st. , take a right and 2 blocks down on the left is the tourney. Just past the building is an alley, on the other side of the road past the alley is a big parking lot you can park in.

Please post here if you are coming, and with how many if you know.

Please feel free to ask questions, or to offer advice.

Players:

Hendal
Bubba
KC + 2-4 friends
SouthWest Ninja - with friends
Mark
ReverendBayes

Maybe's:

Snoop Greyjoy

Thanks all,

Have a great time scapeing till then!

This is Ohio, there will be Gold for the winner as with all my tournaments!

Hendal

Heroscape - The Game I Have Waited My Whole Life For!
GenCon - a must for any true Scaper!

Last edited by Hendal; July 30th, 2008 at 11:05 PM. Reason: update
Old June 16th, 2008, 12:06 AM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Pre-GenCon Tourney In Canton Ohio, Aug. 9th

I am thinking of having it on Sunday Aug. 10th now, because I found a board game group in Akron that meets on the 1st sat. of the Month.

Any one Interested?

I am thinking a 520 Pt. Army for those of us lucky enough to be going to GenCOn.

let me know if anyone is interested? That means all you Columbus people of course?

Old June 16th, 2008, 09:50 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!
Re: Pre-GenCon Tourney In Canton Ohio, Aug. 10th, 520 pt. Ar

Hendal,

I am very interested, but I don't know if I'll be able to make it. My wife isn't coming with me to GenCon and is already kinda bummed about me not being around for 4 days. However, I will rouse the troops in Youngstown and try to get you some players. We brought 6 to our last tournament, so hopefully we can get a few down there.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old June 16th, 2008, 05:01 PM
Colorblind Kid

southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby!

im down. i will have a couple of others with me most likely.
Old June 16th, 2008, 07:47 PM
Sleeps with Monkeys

That is enough for me to hold a get together, I have my crew and I think I will have 5 or so that could not make it to my Nat. HS tourney,so it will be a throw down.

I will provide food and drinks ( no booze ) and I will start to figure stuff out next week.

This is great, I can not wait for 2 weeks plus of solid gaming.

Game On´

Old July 14th, 2008, 09:45 PM
Sleeps with Monkeys

I am still holding this event, it will rock I tell you, or at least we can have rock and roll playing while we scape!

We will have all the boards form GenCon Set up, 520 pt armies and I will have food and drinks as usual ( ok more then last time or the same but with way less people it will be plenty ).

Hope we can get the Columbus up this way for it, and maybe the Penn. crew. And hopefully BoozeHammer. Let me know if anyone else is interested. I know I got about 5 or 6 in my crew that will be there, I am trying to get my niece and nephew to come up from Columbus to join in. OK till then

Game On'

I get to Ohio on Aug. 3rd, so i will start to do more then, I will post the address and direction soon.

Old July 15th, 2008, 10:26 AM

Snoop Greyjoy has disabled reputation

Glad I saw this!!

Im going to make every effort to make it down. Do you need to know for sure? Ill put in a request for the kitchen pass today and see if it gets approved

Live in the Ohio Valley? Consider Joining OVAH
Snoop dont sow.
Old July 20th, 2008, 01:01 PM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hey Snoop,

Hope you can get off work for this, going to be a lot of fun I tell you. Just a crew of hard core scapers and me for good measure!

Anyone else making it?

When I hit Ohio on Aug. 3rd I will fill in more details, but it is on for sure!

Old July 22nd, 2008, 02:59 PM

ReverendBayes is surprisingly tart

I may be in town visiting the in-laws. If so, I'll be there! Here is a link to the 2008 Gen-Con maps:

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=19638

Hendal, any ideas on which of these maps will be used? And, which scenarios?

Thanks!

EDIT: Correctly spelled Gen-Con.

Uncertainty: Something you can always count on.

Last edited by ReverendBayes; July 23rd, 2008 at 03:17 PM.
Old July 22nd, 2008, 03:05 PM
Colorblind Kid

southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReverendBayes View Post
I may be in town visiting the in-laws. If so, I'll be there! Here is a link to the 2008 Gin-Con maps:

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=19638

Hendal, any ideas on which of these maps will be used? And, which scenarios?

Thanks!

oooh gin con. Do you have to be 21 with ID to get in?
Old July 23rd, 2008, 12:51 PM
Sleeps with Monkeys

SWN - no everyone is welcome, but if your over 21 we can get you some Gin if so desired!

Rev.B.- any boards in the 520 pts national Champioship will be at my tourneyment.

I figure since last Nat. Heroscape day I put up 25 boards with only my own HS stuff, I can pull off this much smaller event.

I was waiting till I got to Ohio to print out the boards and check them out, so I am not sure what ones are even at GC yet - can you tell how prepared I am for the National Championship. But any that they say are in the the Champioship ( 520 pt ) I will have up so we all have good practice for GC.

I hope you can make it, More is always better ( well almost always )

Old July 23rd, 2008, 12:56 PM
Sleeps with Monkeys

I will have all 10 boards set up, no problem.

I do not have the new jungle sets yet, but was going to order from House mouse this week, so I should have that one, if I don't I may need someone to bring the trees and such, but I will have the basic board set up if nothing else

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events