Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old February 19th, 2013, 04:32 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of the Zombie Hulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnival Man View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strack9 View Post
Congratulations Dok on the first SOV approved creation!

Here's a question that I hope I didn't miss the answer to elsewhere:
Does Zombie Rises Again stop working after the last Zombie Hulk is destroyed? My intuition goes both ways on this. My first intuition is that powers on cards don't work unless the (or at least one) figure is still alive, a la Marcus Decimus Gallus's Soldier Leadership; unless an exception is specified on the card a la Thanos' Rejected By Death. My second intuition, however, is that if this were the case it would be useless to draft only one copy of the Zombie Hulk. Maybe both my intuitions are correct and I'm overthinking it . . .
The ZH card says "any Undead Savage..." so your destroyed ZH(s) can come back into play.
I realize that the FAQ for this unit clarifies that this is indeed correct...but is this the right explanation? Marcus says all soldiers receive +1 move, but this ability is not applicable if Marcus has been destroyed. What in the Zombie Hulk's wording differentiates 'Zombie Rises Again' so that the ability is still active even when the card has been destroyed?
Old February 19th, 2013, 05:53 PM

Silver_Guy knows what's in an order marker Silver_Guy knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindola View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnival Man View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strack9 View Post
Congratulations Dok on the first SOV approved creation!

Here's a question that I hope I didn't miss the answer to elsewhere:
Does Zombie Rises Again stop working after the last Zombie Hulk is destroyed? My intuition goes both ways on this. My first intuition is that powers on cards don't work unless the (or at least one) figure is still alive, a la Marcus Decimus Gallus's Soldier Leadership; unless an exception is specified on the card a la Thanos' Rejected By Death. My second intuition, however, is that if this were the case it would be useless to draft only one copy of the Zombie Hulk. Maybe both my intuitions are correct and I'm overthinking it . . .
The ZH card says "any Undead Savage..." so your destroyed ZH(s) can come back into play.
I realize that the FAQ for this unit clarifies that this is indeed correct...but is this the right explanation? Marcus says all soldiers receive +1 move, but this ability is not applicable if Marcus has been destroyed. What in the Zombie Hulk's wording differentiates 'Zombie Rises Again' so that the ability is still active even when the card has been destroyed?
I would assume it will still be okay. My thinking if a zombie "bites" a large figure it would just come back as a large zombie, as if it were to happen in real life
Old April 12th, 2013, 05:44 PM

Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness

If a zombie hulk kills a small/medium figure, do you place a zombie of morindan there? I don't see it on the card, but is/was there any intent on that happening? It just makes sense to me because they would get "infected"
Old April 12th, 2013, 05:48 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonwiker View Post
If a zombie hulk kills a small/medium figure, do you place a zombie of morindan there? I don't see it on the card, but is/was there any intent on that happening? It just makes sense to me because they would get "infected"
It's a reasonable house rule, of course, but no, that isn't how it normally works.
Old April 12th, 2013, 05:57 PM

Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Quote:
It's a reasonable house rule, of course, but no, that isn't how it normally works.
Thanks doc! I figured as much. I'm not sure how involved you were in ZH creation, but did that ever cross their minds to include a power to do that? Being a zombie, it's basically just begging to have the power to do that
Old April 12th, 2013, 06:19 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Quote:
Thanks doc! I figured as much. I'm not sure how involved you were in ZH creation, but did that ever cross their minds to include a power to do that? Being a zombie, it's basically just begging to have the power to do that

He's the guy that created him!
Old April 12th, 2013, 06:27 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

No, just revised.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old April 12th, 2013, 06:56 PM

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Yes, the original design was Good Pig's. I re-worked it and then it got nominated for SoV (not sure by who, but not GP or myself).

EDIT: Trianx did the nominating. And here's Good Pig's original. There's some significant changes, obviously, but by no means was the idea originally mine.

Last edited by dok; April 12th, 2013 at 07:08 PM.
Old April 12th, 2013, 08:40 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Oh.
Old April 12th, 2013, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Oh.
Nothing to be embarrassed about. People tend to call it my design more often than they call it Good Pig's, probably just because I post more than he does. It's definitely shared credit (credit is shared in the SoV display thread) but it's also more him than me IMO.
Old May 23rd, 2013, 11:14 AM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

I played the Zombie Hulks for the first time today. My build was:

300 Zombies of Morindan x5
120 Zombie Hulk x2
30 Guilty McCreech

It's not the strongest build by any means, but the Z-Hulks bring a lot of strategy to the table. When revealing an OM on an unengaged Hulk, you get to move 6 Zombies plus that Hulk! I only ever put my Order Marker 1 on a Zombie Hulk, if I knew my opponent would have to disengage to reach them. The Hulks proved particularly effective at helping destroy Raelin. I had one Hulk behind a Zombie screen, then that Hulk rushed out to engage Raelin. On turn 2, my Zombies were able to attack a 2-defense Raelin.

The Krav, Q9, or another big ranged squad probably helps a Zombie army more than a couple Hulks. But I found they were effective and I still need to learn how to counter them using a melee army.
Old July 30th, 2014, 10:26 PM

jedilou knows what's in an order marker jedilou knows what's in an order marker jedilou knows what's in an order marker

The Zombie Hulk offers synergy to other Zombie Hulks thorough Horde Shriek. Just a suggestion, should that be listed under the Synergy Offered and/or Synergy Received sections?

Last edited by jedilou; July 30th, 2014 at 10:37 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs