Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Old December 3rd, 2010, 04:00 PM

Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Heroes of 'Scape (RPG)

I haven't had time to print out the latest version, but on my sheet it says Deadly Strike costs 1 point.

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiyu0707 View Post
They don't sound too evil to me except for the Drow and Wolf. You'll have to fill me in on all of the devious quests they go on
My other group of adventurers recently had a multi-path (Though played on one map) epic quest where they must defeat a hypnotist vampire and possibly some or all of his minions*. These minions included monstrous generals (Albeit wimpy ones) who in turn commanded some harqs and yari. Enemies of the adventurers resurrected the hypnotist vampire, but his minions are dead (Thanks to the Hero path I chose). The villagers (Harqs/Yari) block the path out of his Obsidian Ruins so he cannot return to power. The evil adventuring group has been hired to slaughter the village and a few of their allies so the vampire can begin gathering another army.

Evil enough?

*The heroes could try to defeat a powerful group of their old foes (The machinists) on a hill right in front of the fortress door, or go around and sneak in, having to fight two armies worth of vampire minions on the way. I choose the second option.

Spoiler Alert!
...In the Dream Cave...

Last edited by Kaiser Cat; December 3rd, 2010 at 04:10 PM.
Old December 3rd, 2010, 04:06 PM
Let me help you play with yourself!

Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Cat View Post
I haven't had time to print out the latest version, but on my sheet it says Deadly Strike costs 1 point.
You must have a really old version, because its been 2 points for a while now. Probably since the Misfit Fantasy Update at least.
Old December 7th, 2010, 03:43 PM

Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby!

I'm remodeling the Soulborgs for the next update. Now, instead of just picking the Soulborg Class, you can choose to start as either a Hunter/Scout or Guard. From there, if you're a Scout (Omnicron) you can stay a Scout or become a Sniper, if you're a Hunter (Deathreaver) you can upgrade to a Deathwalker, and if you're a Hunter (Gladiatron) you can upgrade to Major. Deathwalker and Major Class start out with a Range of 1, unless you buy the skill that alters your Hero for Ranged combat. If you start as a Guard (Zettian) you can choose to become a Warden or change to a Deathwalker. If you start as a Guard (Blastatron) you can choose to become a Major. If you start as a Guard, you are forced to buy (for free?) the upgrade for Ranged combat, so when you become a Deathwalker/Major, you don't have a choice about being ranged or not.

The reason why I tell you all this is because I have a question: Would anyone be disappointed if the Deathwalker class did not provide summoning/summoned support powers? My idea is that the Warden will cover this task and Deathwalker will be raw power, however, Deathwalker 9000 has Guard Range Enhancement. Would you rather see Deathwalker keep the ability to summon Zettian Guards (or more) and the ability to enhance their range, would you rather see all of those types of abilities moved to the Warden, or would you rather have that option for both? If both are able to use those types of powers, there will be hardly any difference between the two Classes except that by Level 4, Warden will have 3 lives and 7 Defense, while Deathwalker will have 1 Life and 9 Defense.
Old December 7th, 2010, 04:45 PM

Chardris is surprisingly tart

What I would like and what you want to do seems to be the same. Have the "support" class just for warden and a "battle" class for deathwalkers.
Old December 7th, 2010, 06:44 PM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

Yah, I agree with Chardris, I like the idea of the Deathwalker class being more just good stats and blowing people up, while the Warden class is more toned down and uses squads to do most of the fighting while he's boosting them.

Also, I've got a few more corrections/suggestions:
Spoiler Alert!

Anyways, I think updating the soulborgs will be good, they didn't seem to have too much to them before.

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old December 7th, 2010, 07:01 PM

DeathByUtgar Woo who?

Been a while since I've been in these parts, but I agree with what they say; the Deathwalker should be the raw power; like a fighter, and the Warden be the support; like a warlord.

U.S Marines allowing enemies of the U.S a chance to die for their country since 1775.
my modest custom units and terrain
Old December 8th, 2010, 01:47 AM

Thanks for the input everyone. Sounds like you're all on the same wavelength as I am. I just wanted to make sure there isn't anyone who has Zettian Guards and Range Enhancement in mind when they think Deathwalker.
Old December 9th, 2010, 09:22 PM

elemyst is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Hello, i just wanted to post the report for the first game of Heroes of 'Scape i did saturday december 5th.By the way its a great mod for heroscape.
Spoiler Alert!
Old December 9th, 2010, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elemyst View Post
Hello, i just wanted to post the report for the first game of Heroes of 'Scape i did saturday december 5th.By the way its a great mod for heroscape.
Spoiler Alert!
Thanks for playing! I'm glad you like it.

I would have to agree with you that giving the Marro a +2 Attack Glyph was the source of any trouble, but its a good thing you got creative and tried to fix the situation. I usually just let the players die

I should probably let you know that there is a typo in Quick Draw 1. Its says "for each skull rolled," but its supposed to say "for each excess shield rolled," i.e., a ranged Counterstrike.
Old December 10th, 2010, 10:19 AM

SgtHulka has disabled reputation

I just wanted to add my voice to the chorus here and say this is both great and front-page worthy, Kaiyu. Out of curiosity I made some characters yesterday and was completely blown away by the amount of creativity and work you've put into this whithout fundamentally altering the fealing that it is still Heroscape.

My only disappointment: you haven't made Kyrie yet! I'm stoked you're adding Soulborgs, but when will we see the flying warriors?
Old December 10th, 2010, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtHulka View Post
I just wanted to add my voice to the chorus here and say this is both great and front-page worthy, Kaiyu. Out of curiosity I made some characters yesterday and was completely blown away by the amount of creativity and work you've put into this whithout fundamentally altering the fealing that it is still Heroscape.
Thank you SgtHulka, its kind words like that that keep me motivated to continue my work here. And its very reassuring that I'm holding onto the feel of Heroscape, because that has been my underlying goal since the day I started. Its been no easy task, I assure you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtHulka View Post
My only disappointment: you haven't made Kyrie yet! I'm stoked you're adding Soulborgs, but when will we see the flying warriors?
TODAY!!! The final update, which will include the addition of Kyrie and Marro was scheduled to launch today, actually. Just give me a few hours to put on the finishing touches and the war can finally be brought to Valhalla.
Old December 10th, 2010, 05:07 PM

The Journey to Valhalla
The Final Heroes of 'Scape Update!

Game Guide
Special Powers

In this Update:
Kyrie Race:
-Warrior Class
-Champion Class
-Wizard Class (Divine School of Magic)

Marro Race:
-Warrior Class
-Hunter Class
-Warlord Class
-Hivelord Class
-Psychic Class

-Added Soulborg Race to Altered Races
-Removed Soulborg Class
-Added Guard Class
-Added Warden Class
-Added Deathwalker Class
-Added Major Class
-Added Deathstalker Class
-Added Hunter/Scout and Sniper Class to available Classes for the Soulborg Race

-New Item:
Vial of Amnesia 15g
Consume at the end of the game. You may subtract 1 Skill Point from any one of your Hero’s Special Powers and return 1 Skill Point to your Hero. You may use up to 4 Vials of Amnesia at one time.

-Errata Fixes:
Quick Draw
Pegasus Mount
Pounce Special Attack

-Few Minor Stat Changes
-Other Special Power Changes and Additions

From this point on, I will document, strictly, any and all changes made to the Game Guide and Special Powers List and will release patches officially. Once you print off this latest update, you will be able to track every adjustment made using these patch updates.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions