Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old June 11th, 2007, 06:11 PM
Messy Eater

Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby!
Question about removal of Dragon Wings...

Hey HeroScapers,

I'm wondering how many of you break apart or remove your dragon figs' wings from their body before packing them away?

If you are someone who does this, do you have trouble attaching them after removing them? I'm asking because with wings attached, the dragons take up an unnecessarily large amount of space and if I can safely remove the wings without fear of them eventually not snapping back into place (due to the wear and tear of constantly removing and reattaching them) then I'd gladly break them down each time.

What do you guys think about this goofy issue?
Old June 11th, 2007, 06:17 PM

MegadeV knows what's in an order marker MegadeV knows what's in an order marker
I leave Mimring's wings in because he fits just fine in my storage system. I do remove Braxas and Nilfheim's wings. Aside from those being a little tricky to put in anyways, I have noticed no problems with them getting worn out.

9+ RotV - 7 SotM - 6 FotAk - 6 RttFF - 3 VW - 3 TT - 3 TJ - 1 Marvel - 3+ of each common - playing since Dec '05

Megadev's Repaints and Customs
BattletechScape
Old June 11th, 2007, 06:46 PM
Resident Artist

hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby!
I try to not do this as much as possible for the sole purpose of wearing down the nubs which lock the wings into place. I may be overly paranoid, but I can't see taking the wings on and off repeatedly being very healthy for the figures. However, not doing this works for me, as I have a larger bin dedicated solely to the storage of large figures. I'd still recommend perhaps setting the dragons on a shelf or some place out of the way when not playing the game to get away from removing the wings.

Just my opinion, though.

.:: .H3X.™ | aka, PushesPixels :: SotW 31 ::.
"An out of print game is not unplayable. It is simply more treasured."
Old June 11th, 2007, 06:53 PM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Yea, I also just keep the wings attached. I was scared of getting the nubs and wings loose from constant re-attachment every game. I store all the dragons separately on a shelf and just let em' stand up. I figure better safe than sorry. Plus, Braxas's wings were a pain in the rear to snap in.
Old June 11th, 2007, 07:18 PM

rehlers is surprisingly tart
I keep the wings attached as well, although with Braxas they usually fall off anyway.
Old June 11th, 2007, 07:19 PM
This week: Joah 2 Nwojedi 0

Joah has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uprising
Plus, Braxas's wings were a pain in the rear to snap in.
I was swearing like a sailor on shore leave.
Not only do I leave them in, I super glued them.

Old June 11th, 2007, 07:20 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
I detach them, but then I don't have a great storage system yet. And now you guys are going to make me paranoid about not being able to reattach them after a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joah
Quote:
I felt bad for my little brother, because he always wants to help put my stuff together (LEGOs, Heroscape), and I gave him Braxas, not knowing how difficult she would be.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old June 11th, 2007, 08:31 PM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joah
Quote:
I swear....45 minutes. No joke. I even cut my hand trimming some extra plastic from her wing stubs.
Old June 11th, 2007, 08:42 PM

Darks has disabled reputation
all my figures are in a big plastic bin that goes under the bed.
Old June 11th, 2007, 09:19 PM

grizz is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by rehlers
I keep the wings attached as well, although with Braxas they usually fall off anyway.
I also keep them attached for the same reason. My Braxas wings fall off all the time. I have been thinking about gluing them.

Old June 11th, 2007, 09:53 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
I don't take them apart. They all fit nicely in the large top section of my plano box.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old June 11th, 2007, 10:50 PM

demon_llama has disabled reputation
although i'm one of the big supporters for Plano products here, i've switched my large figures over to inexpensive Sterilite boxes (household goods isle @ Wal-Mart for about $2.00). as you can see, most of my major figures fit in nice...

the Green Dragon (Ullar) fit's nicely into the Plano 3750 case, so it's not in there. as well as all of the Orc Champions and all the Soulborgs...

...the rich
(My HEX Game Files @ http://www.scribd.com/_the_rich)
Lawton/Fort Sill Heroscape (monthly?) Tournament:
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...506#post951506

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion