Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old June 3rd, 2012, 07:30 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

I no longer get a vote, but the potential value to the customs community in permitting the use of blanks is intriguing.

As Scytale says, you can't really do powers that force the other players to use the white dice (if they Mind Shackle your Blank Wizard, you can always loan your dice, I suppose), but C3G has been using the blanks for awhile and I think it opens up a great new direction for the development of custom powers.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old June 3rd, 2012, 08:28 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
But I would not like to see a power that requires the other player to use white dice; I do not want to be required to bring white dice to tournaments because some other player might have a certain unit that requires me to use them.
Yeah because they do take up a lot of room.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old June 3rd, 2012, 09:10 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbdaman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
But I would not like to see a power that requires the other player to use white dice; I do not want to be required to bring white dice to tournaments because some other player might have a certain unit that requires me to use them.
Yeah because they do take up a lot of room.
I didn't have white dice until I got a Marvel set (not too long ago), so Scytale has a point. I really love powers that can use blanks, but I agree they shouldn't force another player to use white/flagbearer dice. Blanks really open up possibilities for powers, but it is a very custom addition to this expansion to official 'scape.

Old June 4th, 2012, 12:46 AM

Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I believe that the Gargoyle has received enough votes to be removed from the OP.
Old June 4th, 2012, 01:34 PM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun

So, I notice that the subject is still in debate...

I don't no if we'll take the risk with a special power of that kind with Kheris...
Here's a fast preview of our idea; also this can help you to say yes or no for the use of blank faces... (don't take care about the formulation and orthography ^^)
If Kheris Fehn defends against a normal attack from an adjacent figure and does not suffer any wounds, you can roll as many combat dices that the attacking figure rolls during his attack. Any blank face rolled count as unblockable hits between the attacking figure.
Old June 4th, 2012, 01:37 PM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanieLoche View Post
So, I notice that the subject is still in debate...

I don't no if we'll take the risk with a special power of that kind with Kheris...
Here's a fast preview of our idea; also this can help you to say yes or no for the use of blank faces... (don't take care about the formulation and orthography ^^)
If Kheris Fehn defends against a normal attack from an adjacent figure and does not suffer any wounds, you can roll as many combat dices that the attacking figure rolls during his attack. Any blank face rolled count as unblockable hits between the attacking figure.
As long as the owner of Kheris is the one required to have the combat dice, I think that takes care of most of the objections I've seen so far.

But again, this is not a workshop thread.

~Z

The influence of a frozen beef pie
My map thread
Old June 4th, 2012, 05:57 PM
has been BANNED

qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Hoplitron by Dok

Balance
I know there was lot of concern that he was priced to low with the given stats. I have found this not to be true, and feel he is priced right at 35 points. He is a common Hero and that puts him in basically the worst category in the game…1 life and really just used to fill up those extra unused points. However, I would say that his stats would make him the best common melee Hero in the game.

Theme

I like the fact that he looks like he fits in with the Soulborgs and is not recognizable enough to know that he belongs to Star Wars. I also really like the Shield Push ability…it fits perfectly with the sculpt.

Accessibility
His availability is still quite high…but it takes some time to find them. My count as of today is 123…with 36 of them having to be purchased in a 12 pack…which sucks unless you can go in on it with someone.

Playability

The Hoplitrons play a lot like the wyrmlings, and are in the same price range as well. Because of this I found myself comparing them as I played. I also compared them to the Minions at first, but the Minions are much better after testing and the Hoplitrons play an entirely different role.

I was really hoping that they would be great filler for Glad/Blast builds and give you a reason to take X17…but in that type of build the Glads/Blasts do all of the work and the Hoplitrons and X17 just sit in the back forgotten about…and you just wish you had more Glads instead. I also found it frustrating that X17 prevents them from using their Shield Push on figures he is engaged to, but on the flip side you can use it to push figures into him. But they do give a Large figure to go with the build and the Blasts benefit from them being engaged to enemy figures too, so they are good filler.

I did however find using them with Deathwalker 7000 to be quite fun. Using them to clear a path to allow 7000 to run in and explode. However, this still was not very competitive, but it was fun to get 7000 out and watch him take out a squad of Minions.

Because they are disciplined I also gave them a go with a Sacred Band build as filler. And again they were simply just filler, but they do help to get the disciplined defense bonus for the Sacred Band. In these builds they saw even less to no playing time when compared to the Glad/Blast builds.

The last viable option is to use them as the core of your army instead of just filler. I too found this to not be competitive enough to give me reason to want to play it and it requires at least 6 of them to do this.

Summary
Because the Hoplitrons are a common Hero figure they gain the role as filler and as a filler unit they do very well in the right numbers…in fact I would say they are the best common melee Hero in the game. My only real problem with them is the needed/wanted number of them is high IMO at 4-6 of them. Which means that only 30-20 ‘scapers can acquire the need numbers of 4-6, respectively. However, I don’t see most people really playing more then 2-3 of them so this helps my one concern.

The Hoplitrons are a great filler unit in a variety of builds and do rather well in a very weak unit category. They also open up synergy to future melee Soulborg Heroes, and even help get the official ones of the shelf from collecting dust.

I vote YES to induct the Hoplitron into the SoV.
Old June 8th, 2012, 08:51 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Do you guys want this thread moved to the C3V/SOV sub-forum?
Old June 8th, 2012, 09:13 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
Do you guys want this thread moved to the C3V/SOV sub-forum?
It's been discussed before, and they decided they'd rather have this thread in the general custom army card forum.
Old June 12th, 2012, 10:09 AM
has been BANNED

qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Khophawet by Typhon2222 and Sertorius

Balance
I feel that at 100 points Khophawet is very close if not right on. He doesn’t over power an Anubian build but he does give it the needed boost. The biggest concern was his Relentless Assault Aura, but with it being so specific it doesn’t really warrant taking him in most other builds to gain its affects.

Theme
I really like the design of this unit and the needed bonus he gives to the Anubian Wolves, both with Relentless Assault Aura and Fury of Anubis. I especially like Fury of Anubis and the “special” bonding that you receive on a poor D20 roll. As for the figure he looks like a slightly big version of the Anubian Wolves but with a tail.

Accessibility
As one of Reaper Prepainted minis they are still in print and available at many online stores for around $4. And now you can even buy him unpainted for under $2.

Playability

Khophawet makes an Anubian build really fun to play…Since it can mean taking a turn with a forth figure on a bad D20 roll and still getting an extra attack die from his aura. He also doesn’t replace Khosumet in that build which to me is important. Because of Fury of Anubis, Khophawet is much easier to move and requires less OM management which makes it easier to move big brother Khosumet, or other filler units.

I was worried despite Typhon2222 and Sertorius fabulous write-up that he would just be to powerful with the Minions because of his Relentless Assault Aura...making him an 80 point cheaper alternative to Taelord. But I found, as they pointed out the fact that Khophawet can’t fly and the requirement of better OM management makes it hard to use him along with them. On the right map and against a melee army he makes the Minions the ultimate power houses, but I still feel that for the points you are better off taking another squad of Minions.

Summary

Khophawet fits in very well with his Anubian brothers in appearance and abilities…which is a major plus having both. He also has a very useful and original ability, Fury of Anubis; that works very nicely to help with OM management allowing you to use him in addition to the Anubian Wolves on a bad D20 roll. This keeps him near the action. I very much enjoyed playtesting him and have already added him to my collection.

I vote YES to induct the Khophawet into the SoV.
Old June 12th, 2012, 12:20 PM
the above

William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Cxurg'gyath by Tolamos
Yes-1 (qt.bangerang, Scytale) No-0 Pending-3 (nyys, Super Bogue, ZBeeblebrox)

Shouldn't this say Yes-2?

Customs here
Master Set IV/Assault in the Mournlands.
William099 is Lord of Blades...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old June 12th, 2012, 12:26 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by William099 View Post
Cxurg'gyath by Tolamos
Yes-1 (qt.bangerang, Scytale) No-0 Pending-3 (nyys, Super Bogue, ZBeeblebrox)

Shouldn't this say Yes-2?
Killometer has been busy and has not been online to update...so the OP is not up-to-date.

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs