Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old June 13th, 2023, 06:06 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: HeroScape is coming back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owlman View Post
Prepainted mini's.
Historical units. Not just futuristic cyberpunk nonsense.
More Ninjas, and Kyrie that AREN'T ALL FEMALE.
Terrain packs are gonna be sweet.
I have good news and bad news. Renegade currently sells some games that have prepainted miniatures. The bad news is that Renegade mostly sells unpainted miniatures. So it's quite possible that they will offer prepainted versions of some set, but it would be very unlikely that everything would have a prepainted version for sale, and it's also very possible that they won't do anything prepainted at all. We don't know yet.

Here is an example of the Scott Pilgrim game they sell with prepainted miniatures:
https://renegadegamestudios.com/scot...-game-painted/
That is $100 for 9 prepainted figures, and the rest of that game.

For comparison, here is a set of unpainted miniatures from their Power Rangers role playing game:
https://renegadegamestudios.com/powe...iatures-set-1/
That's $55 for 12 unpainted miniatures, but this does not include any other game stuff.

I'm mostly posting this here to say that painted or not, this is going to be expensive. I'd expect the Boosters we used to get back in the day, with 2 squads of figures, or 5 heros, to cost around $25, unpainted, and $50 if they offer a painted version.
Old June 13th, 2023, 06:12 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
I have good news and bad news. Renegade currently sells some games that have prepainted miniatures. The bad news is that Renegade mostly sells unpainted miniatures. So it's quite possible that they will offer prepainted versions of some set, but it would be very unlikely that everything would have a prepainted version for sale, and it's also very possible that they won't do anything prepainted at all. We don't know yet.

Here is an example of the Scott Pilgrim game they sell with prepainted miniatures:
https://renegadegamestudios.com/scot...-game-painted/
That is $100 for 9 prepainted figures, and the rest of that game.

For comparison, here is a set of unpainted miniatures from their Power Rangers role playing game:
https://renegadegamestudios.com/powe...iatures-set-1/
That's $55 for 12 unpainted miniatures, but this does not include any other game stuff.

I'm mostly posting this here to say that painted or not, this is going to be expensive. I'd expect the Boosters we used to get back in the day, with 2 squads of figures, or 5 heros, to cost around $25, unpainted, and $50 if they offer a painted version.
Licensing costs for those two IPs are likely driving those prices up, though. Those costs wouldn't exist for Heroscape, which should make prepainted minis for the coming game cheaper than those examples.
Old June 13th, 2023, 06:18 PM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun

Hopefully we get some decent software support.

Somewhere between LandScape/SolidScape and VirtualScape, I know Hasbro got started on a Battlefield/Scenario Builder. They even teased it and had a spot on heroscape.com reserved for its eventual launch.

Would be nice to finally get something "official" that rolled out updates in coordination with new product.
Old June 13th, 2023, 06:23 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Agreed, especially because Virtualscape is definitely showing its age.
Old June 13th, 2023, 06:51 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yes, a new map builder is desperately needed

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old June 13th, 2023, 09:47 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

I'm eager to learn more. I think I'm not the only one who has reserved feelings after the last fiasco. Can't wait to hear some news.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old June 13th, 2023, 11:45 PM
Most Effort : Least Points

Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Assuming the R&D by Craig & co (TM) put into the Haslab campaign is still usable, I'm hoping for some starter set (perhaps the size of Marvelscape/Underdark in terms of hex count) that would allow a new player to begin at ~$60, with add-ons up from there. I like the old system of terrain expansions packed with one common unit themed to that terrain, but would be completely okay with terrain-only boxes.
I also would appreciate more commons sold like the zombies, with multiples in a box.
For pricepoints, having a premium prepainted option would be great for those interested. I'm not sure which I would go for personally yet if given the choice.
Finally, if Heroscape proves itself profitable after a year or so back on the market, I would be incredibly thankful for reprints (painted or not) of the most hard-to-find sets that I missed the first time around (specifically Aquilla's Alliance, Zanafor's Discovery, Crest of the Valkyrie, and Jandar's Oath).

All these words to say, I'm looking forward to whatever happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn
The simple step of a courageous individual is not to take part in the lie.
Old June 14th, 2023, 12:30 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

I would kind of like to see an all in one rule book, but my biggest wish list items would be:

1. A selection of terrain only sets to milk that sweet Battletech money, and just for building/replenishing a terrain collection.
2. Unique only sets/waves
3. Common only sets/waves, possibly single squad only packs. Maybe like the standard 2 common squads per booster grouping like before, but 2 copies of 1 common squad.
4. Master sets. Maybe not RotV sized behemoths, maybe half that size, like 12-15 "quick start" kind of sets with everything you need to play a 2 player game, but getting 2 of them, or getting a copy of set A and set B gives you a RotV experience.
Old June 14th, 2023, 08:05 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Minivann View Post
I would kind of like to see an all in one rule book, but my biggest wish list items would be:

1. A selection of terrain only sets to milk that sweet Battletech money, and just for building/replenishing a terrain collection.
2. Unique only sets/waves
3. Common only sets/waves, possibly single squad only packs. Maybe like the standard 2 common squads per booster grouping like before, but 2 copies of 1 common squad.
4. Master sets. Maybe not RotV sized behemoths, maybe half that size, like 12-15 "quick start" kind of sets with everything you need to play a 2 player game, but getting 2 of them, or getting a copy of set A and set B gives you a RotV experience.
Hindsight being 20/20 of course, but none of this seems like a reach at all as far as some of the things Hasbro could have done to make the crowdfunding campaign successful (which assumes 1mil+ is a failure, another story in of itself).

I'm confident that Renegade will give HeroScape a legitimate shot to succeed and will do this right.

-insert signature here-
Old June 14th, 2023, 08:40 AM

BloodyBaroness rolls all skulls baby! BloodyBaroness rolls all skulls baby! BloodyBaroness rolls all skulls baby! BloodyBaroness rolls all skulls baby!

I can definitely agree on the wish for an all-in-one rule book. Even as a group of grizzled veterans, we had a weird question come up the other day and it took entirely too long to muddle through the D&D rule book for the answer.

Something with a really comprehensive keyword list and FAQ. That would make everything a lot more accessible for new players as well.

10,000 bees in a trench coat.
Old June 14th, 2023, 08:53 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Faction Packs for the Age of Annihilation stuff, with a prepainted option. My AOA Revival Project was a success, and we now include Anitar's AOA cards (and a few of my own) for possibles in almost any monthly custom scenario where the players build their own armies. But it does get confusing using all proxies for them. And of course we never got any cards at all for the SOTM Heroes, and had to make our own.

Plus as Sherman Davies says, the AOA modular ruins would be great too, with rules for Illusory Walls, although we have those too.

And some AOA scenarios past the first one, which plays quite nicely.

Another option would be AOA Minis Sets, perhaps with two factions at a time in an "A vs B" format, without the regular terrain to lower the price, and then separate faction and terrain packs to build them up as desired. Again, with a prepainted option.

To check out our own AOA efforts, see my signature thread below for my NYCG4 additional rules and first "AOA only" games, and the AOA site area for Anitar's stuff.
Old June 14th, 2023, 09:12 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyBaroness View Post
I can definitely agree on the wish for an all-in-one rule book.
Same. How about a living rulebook that's just a PDF online that can be updated as all the different corner cases come up? I suppose that means we'll need a dedicated rules team to make decisions on stuff like that as well.

-insert signature here-

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News