Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old April 20th, 2007, 11:55 PM

dnutt99 has disabled reputation
The Book of Guilty McCreech

The Book of Guilty McCreech
Zanafor's Discovery - Collection 4 - "Lawmen and Samurai"

Spoiler Alert!
If you cannot see the Army Card graphic, check Hasbro's Unit Page for stats and special powers, plus "character biography" and other non-game unit info.

Character Bio: Nelson Allen McCreech was "living high on the hog," as they say in his hometown of Wardell, Missouri. He enjoyed his power as Town Sheriff, and often abused it. But Nelson's corrupt ways caught up with him after his archrival, the local judge, turned up dead in a back alley. Knowing that there wasn't but one man could have done this deed, the townsfolk had finally had enough. An angry crowd showed up at the Sheriff's office carrying a rope and shouting Guilty! Guilty! McCreech came within seconds of a hanging death when General Einar intervened, knowing that Guilty McCreech's quick hands and devious nature would be useful to his cause. Today, Guilty fights for Einar, and will forever bear the scarred rope burn on his neck as a reminder of where his loyalty should reside. (Hasbro)
    No, once Guilty attacks one opponent, you can choose any figure within range and attack again. The second figure can be the same figure you attacked the first time, or a different one. (Hasbro FAQ)

Synergy Benefits Received
  • - N/A

Synergy Benefits Offered
  • - N/A
C3V and SoV Custom Synergies
Spoiler Alert!

Power Rankings

Jexik: Guilty McCreech- Despite being just a filler unit, Guilty can actually run and gun better than some of the higher costed figures. Though easy to kill, he can dominate if going up against late-game melee fighters. B

OEAO: B

Cleon: Tier 6 (101/208)

dok (VC inclusive): The Me-Burq-Sa of the Dreadguls. B+

Master Index
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSentinel
Unit Strategy Review

Last edited by lefton4ya; January 25th, 2023 at 04:26 PM. Reason: vc added
Old May 9th, 2007, 04:51 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Filler units are great. Guilty and Eldgrim get picked a LOT in our games. I hope they get some 30 point or less company soon.
Old May 9th, 2007, 10:06 PM

Aranas has disabled reputation
An important thing to remember:

Double Attack is a Special Power NOT a Special Attack.

Thus, Guilty, Syvarris, Krug, Einar Imperium or any other figure with that special power gets two distinct normal attacks.

Aranas

Things you might have missed in the rulebook:
Figures can't pass through friendly engaged figures.
Figures can't attack themselves.

SITE D'HEROSCAPE FRANCOPHONE, C'EST PAR ICI
Old May 10th, 2007, 01:07 PM

GForce3062 has disabled reputation
99% of the time I'll pick Guilty to use on those last 30 points unless I have a slow army and desperately need the extra move from Eldgrim. If you get Guilty on some pretty decent height when it's late in the game, he will reign over every figure with his double attack. Don't take his 2 attack with double attack lightly (HA!)

Old July 13th, 2007, 01:50 PM

NiteRaider is surprisingly tart
Guilty costs so cheap because of his low life. In the games I've used him in he often dies quickly. I just use him as a filler for my army.

RRW
10/21/1935-02/01/2008
StarImpact
The Menagerie
Old July 13th, 2007, 04:06 PM

gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness
He'll always just be a filler, but he's a great filler. Someone who costs 30 points, has range and can kill two units in a turn? Awesome! He almost always earns back his points. He is my favorite filler, although we'll see how guilty matches up against isamu and marcu
Old December 13th, 2007, 11:20 AM

Hero Hot Hatch knows what's in an order marker Hero Hot Hatch knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen Templar
Why does Guilty McCreech even need a book? He is besides Syvarris, The most straight foward unit in the game
You are dead wrong on this one, and I'm sorry to be so direct but I had to be.

One more unique (squad or hero) to consider vs. Syvarris is Guilty. It is worth 30% what Syvarris is worth. However, it has the same defense with 50% the lives and 66.67% the attack on the ground and 75% the attack with height advantage. Syvarris's awsome range is the only thing that gets close to explaining why it is worth 3.33 times one Guilty, and it falls short. Guilty has 77.78% the range of Syvarris (or Syvarris has 1.29 the range of Guilty). None of the stats. justify Syvarris' value of 3.33 times more over Guilty. Guilty is clearly undervalued when compared to Syvarris on all stats, and could be worth up to 40+ points when compared to Syvarris. In other words, if you got 100 points to fill in and need range like stated above, hire Guilty and use the other 70 points to boost some common squads or whatever else. You would still be able to spend 70 points in other units such as a whole squad of 4th Mass or Aubrien Archers or Tagagwa Samurai Archers for instance.

I lost a large chunk of my army last Saturday just against Guilty and I was wondering why a 30 points unit got me so bad. I made many bad moves but such a disproportionate outcome is partially explained by luck and partially by Guility's strong stats. for 30 points.

I don't care about choosing my army based on strategy. I choose an army based on coolness and personal appeal... even if it means that my units will die trying. Hail to the glory of HeroScape and bravery.
Old December 13th, 2007, 12:29 PM

that guy has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero Hot Hatch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen Templar
Why does Guilty McCreech even need a book? He is besides Syvarris, The most straight foward unit in the game
You are dead wrong on this one, and I'm sorry to be so direct but I had to be.

One more unique (squad or hero) to consider vs. Syvarris is Guilty. It is worth 30% what Syvarris is worth. However, it has the same defense with 50% the lives and 66.67% the attack on the ground and 75% the attack with height advantage. Syvarris's awsome range is the only thing that gets close to explaining why it is worth 3.33 times one Guilty, and it falls short. Guilty has 77.78% the range of Syvarris (or Syvarris has 1.29 the range of Guilty). None of the stats. justify Syvarris' value of 3.33 times more over Guilty. Guilty is clearly undervalued when compared to Syvarris on all stats, and could be worth up to 40+ points when compared to Syvarris. In other words, if you got 100 points to fill in and need range like stated above, hire Guilty and use the other 70 points to boost some common squads or whatever else. You would still be able to spend 70 points in other units such as a whole squad of 4th Mass or Aubrien Archers or Tagagwa Samurai Archers for instance.

I lost a large chunk of my army last Saturday just against Guilty and I was wondering why a 30 points unit got me so bad. I made many bad moves but such a disproportionate outcome is partially explained by luck and partially by Guility's strong stats. for 30 points.
Don't forget Syvarris is an Ullar Elf and gets many bonuses that Guilty could never have.
Old December 13th, 2007, 12:36 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero Hot Hatch

Stats are more of a sliding scale, not a 1 for 1 deal.

A defense die isn't worth X number of points and lived are not worth X number of points each. Guilty is 30 points with 2 life and 2 defense. That in no way means a figure with 6 life and 6 defense is worth 90 points; it would be much more than that.

Syvarris has greater range and more life, he should be able to stay on the fringe better with his range and survive a bit longer because of his life. As similar as the units are, it isn't as easy as saying Syvarris is 3.3 times the point value so he should have 3.3 times the stats. It doesn't work that way.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old December 13th, 2007, 02:36 PM

tvar is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean
Exactly. The difference between 7 range and 9 range is huge.

Plus, even discounting Syvarris' range advantage, according to the matchup calculator Syvarris has a 93.4% chance of winning against Guilty. This suggests that Syvarris should be worth significantly more than Guilty.
Old December 13th, 2007, 02:54 PM

Hero Hot Hatch knows what's in an order marker Hero Hot Hatch knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean

A defense die isn't worth X number of points and lived are not worth X number of points each. Guilty is 30 points with 2 life and 2 defense. That in no way means a figure with 6 life and 6 defense is worth 90 points; it would be much more than that.

Syvarris has greater range and more life, he should be able to stay on the fringe better with his range and survive a bit longer because of his life. As similar as the units are, it isn't as easy as saying Syvarris is 3.3 times the point value so he should have 3.3 times the stats. It doesn't work that way.
You are right. I know it does not work that way "strictly" speaking, but there is definitely a strong positive correlation with the stats. One example is Syvarris = 100, Kaemon = 120 and Q10 = 150. You could argue back and forth about points but the order of value is clear to me under most circumstances for those three without a doubt. It is supported by an undeniable positive correlation in the stats.

Otherwise, it would just not make sense. My goal was to illustrate how awsome Guilty is for his cost compared to a much more expensive alternative. I have no doubt that you get more value per point with Guilty under most realistic scenarios than with Syvarris and you can add a whole other squad or range units. Try to take on any of those three combinations: Tagawa Archers + Guilty, 4th Mass + Guilty or Aubrien Archers + Guilty, and play it against Syvarris. I have no doubt of who would prevail under most realistic circumstances.

Of course, it depends on luck as in die rolls and order of turns, but the odds are against Syvarris no doubt. Don't get me wrong. I like Syvarris and he has the advantage of forcing other units stay away or move forward..., but under most scenarios, he would most likely be owned by any of the aforementioned three alternatives. In fact, a couple of squads of no defense Venoc Vipers worth 80 can get to him and finish him off. The 4th Mass alone is 4X4 with wait and fire and height advantage. Of course, the 4th Mass will have to either move away and hide or sneak in forward, which most likely will cost some lives and loose the wait then fire and height advantage in the process. But if Syvarris losses his only advantage, namely distance, and this is likely to happen. He is going down. If the map was infinitely large, Syvarris would rule the nest, but it is not. Either the bumps on the edge or crosses the line into another army if there are more than two players.

Again, I have nothing against Syvarris, but to make a long story short. Guilty is more than worth his own weight in gold. That's the bottom line of my point.

I don't care about choosing my army based on strategy. I choose an army based on coolness and personal appeal... even if it means that my units will die trying. Hail to the glory of HeroScape and bravery.
Old December 13th, 2007, 04:51 PM
has been BANNED

The Super Atheist is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Pfft. Just a filler unit. Not a threat at all.

IF he gets on height, he'll only last one turn. He doesn't warrant an order marker unless he's one of your last figures left, like most fillers. I'd rather pick marcu and isamu.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units