Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion
Marvel Discussion General discussion, units, rules & FAQs specific to Marvel HS

Old February 14th, 2012, 07:09 AM
Drink Burt's Beer

davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death!
Re: davidlhsl's Battles: Battle pending!

David: “Happy Valentine’s Day, Sports Fans! I’m David, and I’m single! That means all the money I spend is on myself. So, nyeah! Next to me is a man who isn’t so lucky. Crack out the whip for my good friend, Bob!”

Bob: “Thanks, David. However, I consider myself lucky to be married to such a beautiful woman.”

David: “Does your wife know about her?”

Bob: “David, when we cut to commercial, you’re going to be somebody’s very bloody Valentine. You might even wind up as some hungry animal’s dinner.”

David: “Later, Bob. If there’s one thing I love more than being single, it’s C3G. Did you know they’re having a contest?”

Bob: “Yes, David. Why do you think I’m here?”

David: “To escape your wife’s tuna surprise?”

Bob: “David, I’m in no mood for your jokes tonight. I should be spending Valentine’s Day evening with my wife instead of you. I hope we’re not working late.”

David: “I’m just funning you, bestest of Bob-Buddies! Here, take this.”

Bob: “What is this? Another one of your pranks?”

David: “Open it, Bob.”

Bob (opens envelope David handed him and examines contents): “David! This is a gift card to that new restaurant that opened. And… and there’s a card with a note. Lessee… Omigosh! It’s a reservation for me and my wife!”

David: “And I have a limo out front right now that has already picked up your wife. Have fun!”

Bob (wipes tear from eye, then hugs David): “I wish you wouldn’t be so nice to me, David. It would make killing you so much easier.”

David: “Try not to forget how foreplay works, Bob. Now go!” (Bob leaves) “Ok, so Mike is with his girlfriend tonight, Pam is likely forcing her new boyfriend to eat a bug or something, and I’m pretty sure Sock Puppet is fighting off the women with a stick. I guess it’s up to me to announce this upcoming battle. I thought it would be a great idea to show my love for C3G by doing something I’ve been wanting to do for a long time: play that Star City Bank scenario, ‘A City Overrun,’ from the World’s Finest rule book.”

Spoiler Alert!

Whoops! Hee! I do love throwing down with Anti-Monitor, but he isn’t listed in the scenario. Ok, now this battle is timed for 8 Rounds. Team Robbers consists of Joker, Two-Face, Catwoman, and three squads of Street Thugs. They also begin the game with the Glyph of Loot, and they decide to let Catwoman take the Loot at the start of the game.

On the other side, Team Cops consists of Green Arrow (Oliver Queen), Black Canary, and four squads of 5th Precinct Beat Cops. Whichever team has possession of the Loot at the end of 8 Rounds is the winner. If the Loot is on the ground, then the battle will be decided by points on the board.

Oh, and four glyphs are mixed and placed on the map. They are: Team-Up, Smilex, Reinforcements, and Super Speed. Finally, squad figures are allowed to carry the Loot, though the Loot will go onto the squad’s Army Card rather than being dedicated to a specific squad figure.

Anti-Monitor has walked off the field, though he'll remain nearby in case Joker goes wild. We’ll take a commercial break, seeing how Bob isn’t here to shove my face into a shredder. Then later, we’ll get this party started!

Burt’s Beer: The beer for lovers. It’s the beer Romeo and Juliet drank when they committed suicide.
Old February 14th, 2012, 09:09 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Cool, I've never run the World's Finest campaign so I haven't ever played this one.
Old February 14th, 2012, 09:47 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I think the Fan Four scenarios are a bit more cohesive as a campaign, but the World's Finest scenarios are a lot of fun! Definitely a labor of love (appropriate for today) by the team.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 14th, 2012, 09:44 PM
Drink Burt's Beer

davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death!

Star City Bank, Rounds 1-2

Spoiler Alert!
Old February 14th, 2012, 09:45 PM
Drink Burt's Beer

Star City Bank, Rounds 3-5

Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by davidlhsl; February 14th, 2012 at 10:41 PM.
Old February 14th, 2012, 10:37 PM
Drink Burt's Beer

Star City Bank, Rounds 6-conclusion

Hey, I was able to finish the battle!

Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by davidlhsl; February 15th, 2012 at 08:38 AM. Reason: Uh, tea should be served hot, not warm. Fixed.
Old February 15th, 2012, 12:55 AM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth
Re: davidlhsl's Battles: Star City Bank!

As usual, David - Great stuff!!!

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old February 17th, 2012, 10:04 AM
Drink Burt's Beer

Re: davidlhsl's Battles: Star City Bank!

David: "We've got..."

Bob: "Announcements!!!!"

David: "I was going to say 'Bird Flu,' but I guess we do have announcements."

Bob: "My wife and I really appreciate what you did for us on Valentine's Day, so we have something special for you. Open it!"

David: "Oh, boy! It's another package! Wait... the last package I opened went Ka-Ba-Ba-Boom!"

Bob (laughs): "No, it's perfectly safe."

David (opens package): "Tea!!! Hey, there's Earl Grey, some Assam, a Pi Lo Chun, and a green tea with citrus flavoring. Mmmmm, I want to try the citrus first!"

Bob: "Have at it, buddy. I'll stick with Burt's. That's the beer that does go Ka-Ba-Ba-Boom."

David: "Mmmmm, I'll steep in water brought to small bubbles at 1 minute!"

Bob: "Shouldn't you boil the water?"

David: "Not for green tea, Bob."

Bob: "Sounds complicated. The only thing I have to worry about when drinking Burt's is making certain I have my health insurance card on me for when I get wheeled into the emergency room."

David: "Ooooo, I love this smell!!! Oh, we're forgetting our announcements!"

Bob: "Huh? Oh! C3G has a contest, and they have a ton of great prizes! The deadline is Feb. 29, and it asks the simple question --"

David: "Does Bob's wife shave her arm pits?"

Bob: "I just knew you wouldn't go too long without making fun of my wife! Back to the contest: there are currently only two submissions posted that we know about. Come on, folks! Show your love for C3G! Win free stuff!"

David: "Like a night with Bob's wife in the sack!"

Bob: "Must - resist - urge - to - kill - David - during - commercial!"

David: "Later, Bob! Folks, there's still time to post an entry. And while we're on the subject of C3G, they've just released an awesome Ghost Rider custom! This design is smoking! In addition, C3G's public designs have fleshed out their Simian faction, and I'm dying to battle with some figures that I haven't yet played. So I need to print some cards and set up the Dark Dimension map for another battle!"

Bob: "Awesome! You've been taking some breaks lately, so I was worried we would have to wait for another throwdown."

David: "That's not all, Bob! I've also come up with another idea that I want to try called Time/Space Rift! And I want to use Sherman Davies' customs to put those rules for a run."

Bob: "Yowza! This thread has seen a lot of fun rules. We've had Mirrored Universe, Shazam!, Secret Identities, and the recent Battlelore Rules. How does Time/Space Rift work?"

David: "I'll save that for the battle, Bob. In fact, I'm going to play that battle first, so it'll be the next action that we'll see."

Bob: "My cup of Burt's runneth over, David! Hey, your water's boiling."

David: "Aaaaagh! Well, nuts. No worries. I'll just pour this out, and heat up some fresh water."

Bob: "Why don't you just let it cool down?"

David: "It's been boiling too long, which flattens the taste of the water."

Bob: "You're kidding! Tea sounds so complicated."

David: "It's only due to the wide variety of types that are available. Anyway, let's not bore our viewers with my little hobby."

Bob: "Stay tuned, and be sure to check out that contest!"
Old February 18th, 2012, 08:53 PM
Drink Burt's Beer

Re: davidlhsl's Battles: More insanity on the way!

David: “Good to be back with you, Sports Fans! Have a cold one and join me, David! I’m sitting next to my co-anchor, Bob!”

Bob: “Thanks, David! Oh boy! Let’s skip all the preliminaries, and tell us how Time/Space Rift is going to work!”

David (laughs): “You’re really that excited, huh?”

Bob: “More excited than the time I opened a can of Burt’s Beer and did not find a rat in it.”

David: “Yeah, Burt’s has their production problems.”

Bob: “Don’t keep us in suspense any longer!”

David: “Ok, here it comes. Sock Puppet, would you do the honors?”

Mike: “Ready to assist, guys!”

Bob: “Mike, you’re not fooling anybody. There’s only one Sock Puppet.”

Mike: “Which is why I’m filling in, because Sock Puppet isn’t here. He’s on vacation this week.”

David: “I forgot about that. Ok, Mike. Fill us in on how Time-Space Rift will work in the upcoming battle.”

Quote:
Originally Posted by ”Mike”
Ok, I’m a little fuzzy on the details, but we’re going to have a spare period between rounds where figures will get to take a turn, then we’ll roll dice to move everybody around. I think that’s it.
Bob: “Huh?”

David: “I’m missing Sock Puppet already. Where’s Pam?”

Pam (enters): “I’m working over notes for another battle, guys. What do you need?”

David: “You’re familiar with my Time-Space Rift battle rules. Right?”

Pam: “Wrong.” (leaves)

Bob: “I guess if you want anything done correctly –“

David: “I’ll just do it myself!”

Quote:
Originally Posted by ”David”

After each Round Ends, there will be a Rift Phase. This Phase is not to be considered as being a round. There are two parts to this phase: Time Rift and Space Rift.

Time Rift: Each team will have a randomly selected numbered order marker returned to the Army Card that it occupied during the previous round. All other order markers are considered removed. The two order markers are then revealed in number order, and each Army Card may take a turn with that order marker in order. If both teams have the same order marker number, the player who won initiative in the previous round goes first.

If the figure taking the turn was destroyed in the previous round but had a revealed order marker at the time it was destroyed, it is returned to the same (or closest) place it was destroyed, takes its turn, and then is removed from the battlefield.

Once both teams play their respective turn, the Rift Phase will proceed to Space Rift.

Space Rift: For each figure on the battlefield, roll a d6 twice. The first roll determines direction, and the second determines distance. That figure is then place on its new location, unless it isn’t empty or contains molten lava. In that case, you’d reduce the distance by 1 until you have either an empty non-molten space, or the original location.
David: “Bob, I’m leaving out some of the technicalities to keep your skull from exploding.”

Bob: “I really appreciate that, David. We’re still putting Sherman Davies’ customs on the field, aren’t we?”

David: “Oh, yeah! I decided to have a Marvel/DC matchup. Team Marvel consists of the Fantastic Four: Mister Fantastic, Invisible Woman, Thing, and the Human Torch. Team DC consists of Superman, Supergirl, Batman, and Hawkgirl! I love you, Hawkgirl!”

Bob: “Wait, I think Sherman Davies has created two versions of her.”

David: “That’s correct! This will be the one with the Nth Metal Mace.”

Bob: “And we’ll have the battle here on C3G’s Dark Dimension. How about we allow Space Rift to plunk figures into molten lava?”

David: “No, I think I’ll keep the rules where they are. So grab a case of Burt’s Beer while the battlefield gets prepared. We’ll return some time tomorrow once the action begins!”
Old February 19th, 2012, 11:14 AM
Drink Burt's Beer

Re: davidlhsl's Battles: More insanity on the way!

David: “The action is about to begin, Sports Fans! We’re hitting the field using Time/Space Rift Rules!”

Bob: “That’s right, David. And Sherman Davies’ customs have taken their starting positions. He’s the Dark Lord on his Dark Throne, David.”

David: “At least until the toilet paper runs out.” (laughs uproariously)

Bob (snickers): “DAVID! Sorry, SD!”

David: “Listen, have a great battle. I’ve got to leave.”

Bob: “Before the battle begins? But you’re the only one who knows how these rules are supposed to work.”

David: “I’ve found a perfect replacement who is the master of space and time, so you’ll be in good hands.” (leaves)

Bob: “And who might that be?”

Anti-Monitor (suddenly appears): ”Ready to assist!”

Bob: ”Oh crap!”

Burt’s Beer: The beer you wish you could go back in time to not drink.”

Team Marvel vs Team DC (Rounds 1-2)

Spoiler Alert!
Old February 19th, 2012, 12:22 PM
Drink Burt's Beer

Re: davidlhsl's Battles: Time/Space Rift!

Team Marvel vs Team DC (Rounds 3-5)

Spoiler Alert!
Old February 20th, 2012, 09:52 AM
Drink Burt's Beer

Re: davidlhsl's Battles: Time/Space Rift!

David: “I’m back, Sports Fans! I’m David, and he’s Bob.”

Bob: “Thanks, David. You missed a great battle! Those Time/Space Rift rules were fun.”

David: “How did the Fantastic Four do?”

Bob: “No so Fantastic.”

David: “Then all is well in the universe. If I root for a team, they lose. We’ve got more action on the way.”

Bob: “Yeah, you promised a battle with Ghost Rider, and you wanted to add the Simians in the action.”

David: “Thanks to a discussion in C3G’s promo thread about listing figures one hasn’t played, I put together my own list. I still have several figures I haven’t put into play.”

Bob: “Great! I guess that means we’ll have another battle on the way.”

David: “Actually, there will be three.”

Bob: “Three battles?!”

David: “Yeppikins. Three. The first two battles will be one team vs. another team. The final battle will be played using One Good Thing Leads to Another Rules. These rules are pretty simple. You have each side fielding two teams, and only one team is placed on the board for each side. They battle as normal. Once a team is defeated, place the other team for that side on the start zone and continue. Keep playing until one side loses both teams.”

Bob: “That sounds pretty simple.”

David: “I actually considered having each side fielding three teams and calling it the Three Strikes Rules. But I’d like to see how it works with two teams, as it may be a case where the side losing their team first might have a more difficult time catching up. With two teams, I think it’ll still provide a fun game. With three teams, I fear it may reach a point where it could simply be obvious who will win while the battle is still fighting. That’s never any fun.”

Bob: “Any special rules for the first two battles?”

David: “Nope. I’ve drafted eight teams, and I’ve mixed some tokens which I’ll draw to determine which teams face off in each battle. I've drawn the first two teams for the first battle. Let’s introduce them. Sock Puppet, hit me with your best shot!”

Quote:
Originally Posted by ”Sock Puppet”
Ready to assist!

Team Monkey Business
Solovar, Gorilla Grodd, Gorilla-Man, Gorilla City Warriors x 3 (1020 points)

Team Man Show
Wonder Man, Mister Mxyzptlk, Plastic Man, Multiple Man x 9 (1005 points)
Bob: “I’ve got dibs on the Man Show! I’m sure you wanted the Monkeys anyway.”

David: “You know it. I’ll be pulling bugs out of your hair during the battle.”

Bob: “And eating them. Right?”

David: “Ugh. I didn’t think about that. I think I’ll just munch on a banana instead.”

Bob: “I do what I always do and drink Burt’s Beer.”

David: “It should be more fun than a barrel of monkeys!”

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion