Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old August 17th, 2011, 09:08 AM

Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
The Eliteface Beaks look really good this time. More in line with the ********* of **********.

Also, would they take damage if thrown by Jotun? I would say yes.

A flying figure, remember, can't be grabbed in the first place - it's not as though they can be thrown, but that their flapping wings save them from the two wounds. They must be able to flap away from Jotun's grasping hand in the first place. If he could somehow catch one and then throw it, I imagine it would be slammed too hard and quickly into the ground to be able to break its fall with wings.

I see the Beaks the same way.
I am excited to see what you guys find with the Sneaks. As far as Throw is concerned, I just read the power again. It doesn't anything about fall damage, so it would work on the Sneaks like any other non-flyer.
Old August 18th, 2011, 01:10 AM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Slavi'Vaen by flameslayer93 has received 6 NO votes to review (1Mmirg, Dad_Scaper, Elginb, Lamaclown, nyys, ZBeeblebrox) and is removed from the process.

Beakface Sneaks by Super Bogue has received 6 YES votes to review (1Mmirg, Dad_Scaper, Elginb, Lamaclown, nyys, ZBeeblebrox) and moves on in the process.

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)

Last edited by Killometer; August 18th, 2011 at 01:10 AM. Reason: again... ;)
Old September 5th, 2011, 01:08 AM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

So I'm finally resubmitting my idea since I believe after some testing it simply works best in this design.

• Balance - This newer variation merely removes his toughness in order to make it reasonable for melee units to be able to battle Gor'Vath. I know the first version was almost indestructible to melee centered armies. About the only unit that could take him down easily was the Iron Golem.
  • Playability - The synergy with the Arrow Gruts is pretty obvious and really helps boost these older units playability a great deal.
  • Creativity - I'd like to think he's a cool idea.
  • Theme - I think he solidly fits within the Heroscape world.
  • Accessibility - The figures used at the D&D Miniatures Hezrou, the older figure from the Giants of Legend set and the newer from the Legendary Evils. Both range in cost from about $6 to $15 depending on where you buy. Auggie alone has 24 currently in stock, so along with other sites there is a good 50 or so of that version.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old September 5th, 2011, 01:13 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

^ so pumped about this. I really hope it passes.

Last edited by caps; September 5th, 2011 at 01:13 AM. Reason: simplification
Old September 5th, 2011, 01:21 AM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

I loved the original Gor'Vath, and am excited to try out this updated version.

I vote YES to review Gor'Vath by robbdaman (I'll get him up in the OP when I'm back at my desktop instead of on a persnickety laptop).

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old September 5th, 2011, 01:37 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

So, robbdaman, did you change him to Valkrill to soften the synergy with the Orc army? (i.e. no bonding with Ornak).
Old September 5th, 2011, 09:07 AM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

Robb I'm so glad you updated Gor'Vath. He's still one of my favorites I've seen on her and this version look more balanced. Plus i like that he's Valkrill now, a 100% Yes to review.

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old September 5th, 2011, 09:17 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Very interesting.

One of my favorite things about the original Gor'Vath was the simplicity and theme packed into Fetid.

Well, it's not simple anymore. This is a different unit with a different feel on the card.

It does look like robb heard our comments earlier. With only 3 defense, squads of melee commons, with an attack of only one, still have a fighting chance.

Unless there's Raelin. Hmmm.... As a high life, low defense hero he benefits particularly from her aura, even moreso than other units because he is lowering the attack of adjacent units. But he only has one attack/OM...

I'll give it a shot. to review.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old September 5th, 2011, 11:20 AM

Elginb has disabled reputation

I missed Gor'Vath the first time around, so I'm interested in trying him out. YES to review...
Old September 5th, 2011, 11:40 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
But he only has one attack/OM...
Unless there are Arrow Gruts around.

Last edited by dok; September 5th, 2011 at 12:12 PM. Reason: I would test AGx4+Swogx4+Raelin+Gor'Vath+Isamu at 500.
Old September 5th, 2011, 11:44 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

A gold star for you, dok. Arrow Gruts + Gor'Vath + Raelin could be a strong build.

This should be interesting...

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old September 5th, 2011, 02:47 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Gor'Vath

-insert signature here-

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs