Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old March 15th, 2011, 09:22 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
D_S, that was a mean trick you played on me by posting here.
You edited that in, didn't you. It wasn't there before...

Here, I'll do it again.

I'll make it up to you in a bit.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old March 15th, 2011, 09:38 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

You're lucky that I need to spread some reputation around, guy.

Last edited by dok; March 15th, 2011 at 11:40 PM. Reason: I guess you're OK.
Old March 15th, 2011, 10:04 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I vote yes to dok & Good Pig's Zombie Hulk.

On the right side of the card I observe right off the bat a couple of obvious things about the Zombie Hulk: 1. He hits harder than other zombies. 2. With defense 3, life 3, he doesn't last much longer than other zombies. He is *frail*.

He has three interesting powers on the left hand side, which at their most useful are situational and fussy, and at the least useful, well, I never did quite get to resurrect a Zombie Hulk. I'd planned on using a pile of them & zombies against a bunch of Deathstalkers to see if I could pull it off in a "laboratory" environment, but I don't need to do that to cast my vote for the unit.

The ZH's "Zombies Rise Again" variant is more theme than anything else, and I'm sure occasionally it will be triggered.

Somewhat more practical was Horde Shriek, which works as intended: You don't really get to use it in combat, because there's no bonding when the ZH is engaged. The functionality of one ZH in playtesting became much more restricted when KidScaper started to send scouts past my front lines with the express & single purpose of engaging the ZH. It made it harder, I can tell you that, when I was only using one. Using two gave me some more flexibility.

Paralyzing Fear was another fussy ability, but when I could get it to work alongside the zombie's Onslaught, it was a powerful thing.

In playtesting, a Zombie army was destroyed by a Nilfheim/Greenscales army, which made sense. Against mixed armies of various types, the zombies tended to swarm Stingers, but more zombies would have been just as effective as the ZH in those battles.

Against an army including Venom and Q10, a pair of ZH's swapped OM's back and forth to get one ZH adjacent to Q10 to Paralyzing Fear the big robot as adjacent Zombies onslaughted it to death.

Venom, though, didn't have much trouble catching and destroying the Zombie Hulk.

They have their place. I suspect in most matches I'd prefer the extra squad of zombies. But against certain matchups, and on certain maps where Onslaught will be particularly difficult, it would be advantageous to have one of these guys to punch something in the face or lower something's defense.

It was a real pleasure playtesting the Zombie Hulk and I'm proud to throw a yes vote for it.

= =
Old March 16th, 2011, 12:13 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

First off I commend the SoV crew for such a gigantic and noble cause. I was never big on customs but after reviewing C3G and "The Death of Heroscape" I have changed my views. There are some big holes to fill out there. Good Luck.
3 yes votes and 3 pending for the Zombie Hulk as it moves ever closer to SoV immortality! You can almost taste the brains... 'scape on

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old March 16th, 2011, 01:14 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Eremon Vandel by clamcampbell

Eremon Vandel is a fun figure to play, especially if you like to play themed armies. One of my favorites while testing was Eremon, Venocs, Aubriens, and Mittens. Even though he doesn't have Frenzy he has a Frenzy like ability that mixes well with the others.

After looking at the cards you can't help but make comparisons to Syvarris. Syvarris has the double attack and range of 9, while Eremon has a range of 8 but also the ability to attack several times per turn if you're rolling a hot D20. Eremon also has the benefit of taking away one defense die from all of his targets.

Eremon also is a bit stronger than Syvarris with one extra life and an additional defense die.

In my games with Eremon he pretty much turned into an end game unit. Rushing him out too early usually spelled a quick death even if he was getting in extra attacks each turn. But at the end, after the armies took heavy losses, I found he really shined here... a bit too much.

Even without Fast Draw, with that range of 8, an attack of 4 when on height, and taking away a defense die Eremon proved (to me) to be a bit too good in that end game situation. Run and shoot was the name of the game at that point, and Eremon won out each time.

If feel he's very very close though. I think a life drop to 4 (like Syvarris) or a point bump to 110-120 and he'd be perfect. As is, he's just a little too strong for me.

I vote NO to induct Eremon Vandel into the SoV.*

*My fellow judges may very well feel differently on Eremon and if that is the case, great. But I would very much encourage a re-work if that is not the case. I would hate to see Eremon never heard from again, after being so close (IMO).

-insert signature here-
Old March 20th, 2011, 08:11 PM
Online HS Season 1 Champion & 'scape's foremost 'scapegoat

Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun

I would like to resubmit Priscus, Gladiator Hero, for inclusion in the SoV.

Soldiers of Vahalla Induction Reports for Priscus

Spoiler Alert!

Criteria
Spoiler Alert!

Thanks again for the feedback on the original Priscus, as well as the consideration of v 2.0!

Last edited by Filthy the Clown; February 20th, 2012 at 01:50 PM. Reason: Added 1Mmirg's review.
Old March 20th, 2011, 08:15 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

Nice work. I vote YES to review Priscus 2.0.
Old March 20th, 2011, 08:17 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

I like the changes Filthy, and vote YES to review Priscus 2.0

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old March 20th, 2011, 08:18 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Priscus

-insert signature here-
Old March 20th, 2011, 08:20 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Sure, I'll give Priscus another shot.

I voted the first time but I like this one more & am looking forward to testing it.

= =
Old March 20th, 2011, 09:04 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

I would vote YES to review Priscus, but it looks like he doesn't need it.

Priscus by Filthy the Clown has received 4 YES votes to review (1Mmirg, Dad_Scaper, nyys, ZBeeblebrox) and moves on.

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old March 31st, 2011, 03:38 PM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

On the Zombie Hulk by dok and Good Pig...

My experiences with the ZH very much mirror the experiences already recounted by the other judges.

I think Horde Shriek was probably the most useful, and most used, ability in the multitude of games I played with this guy. It really helped the slow moving ZoM get into the fray much quicker.

Paralyzing Fear took some finessing to get it to work optimally but when you took the time to do it right it worked wonderfully. I like the return for the investment with this ability. If you invest the time and planning, your reward is very gratifying- a great trait for an ability.

Zombies Rise Again was best used if you weakened a hero with other units and then brought in a ZH or ZoM to finish it off rather than trying to do the whole job with savage undead units. Of course you ran the risk of getting good attack rolls and killing the hero before your undead could engage and finish it off (probably the only time I ever wanted "average" attack rolls). On the whole, ZRA didn't see a whole lot of use but it was nice to have.

I will sum up my opinion with this anecdote. I never had any ZoM before playing the ZH. I got into scape too late to get them at a decent price so I proxied them for my playtests. Since playing the ZH, and the immense fun and challenge that it was, I shelled out the dough for 2 squads of ZoM. Not a whole lot but enough to play the ZH regularly in games now.

So, it is with great pleasure that I vote YES to induct the Zombie Hulk into the Soldiers of Valhalla

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs