View Single Post
Old August 28th, 2012, 09:15 AM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

So yesterday I traded my neighbor some Magic cards he wanted in exchange for his old copy of the Halo Interactive Strategy Game. I now have two copies of the game, and as we found out that is loads more fun. Some of the problems we had been having with using only 1 set were that there were a couple of pieces missing (I actually crafted them into custom terrain ages ago), so part of the game was lacking, and that only 2 people could play at any given time. With two sets, we now can create much larger maps, and with the excess of units, not only can we play with 4 players, but we can customize our forces.

We played a game with both sets yesterday. I was the Covenant while my neighbor was the UNSC. I began moving about half of my units out first, priming them with only mediocre weapon I drew from the stack, while keeping the other half back for later reinforcements. My neighbor moved mostly everyone out and got them with weapons early on, and he was drawing crazy weapons. By the endgame, he had 3 or 4 Marines (his weakest units) holding Sniper Rifles among other things. He moved a couple of his Spartan IIs up on a cliff, but low and behold my puny Grunt walked in with a lucky pull of a Fuel Rod Gun and eliminated his forces on the cliff. I began moving the other way to meet him along the bridge, but his long range weapons eliminated most of my Brutes and Elites before I could engage. I ended up losing, even though it didn't look that way in the beginning. One of the best games I've played in a while.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!