View Single Post
Old May 28th, 2013, 01:20 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Quasar(Public Playtesting)

Here are AV's results. He expressed concern with her survivability, something I too expressed at one point, he also suggested lowering her points. Even though she lost both matches here I still feel she's still a very strong contender in the 370 point range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile
Quasar was fun, and despite losing both games she was a big threat and the opponent always wanted to take her down first. So even if she didn't destroy her points each time, she was helping her allies by taking fire for them. I assume the first two playtest results disagreed, so I'd pick the lower point total of the two; Quasar simply falls too quickly to be a Superman or Thor level threat. Though Kree synergies help, for sure.

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT Quasar

- THEME TEST/ Check to see if there are any powers or stats on the test unit card that does not accurately reflect the theme or likeness of what the character would and could do. Also consider destructible objects, and whether or not this characters powers should affect them.
Pass

- MIRROR TEST/ Check to see if the unit were played against itself, if there would be any loops that would upset the balance of the Game.
Pass

- BONDING TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing Bonding abilities to make sure there are no continual Bonding possibilities that do not stop appropriately or do not stop at all. This is to prevent loops in Bonding.
Pass - only bonding with Kree Scouts

- SYNERGIES TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing synergies to make sure there are no factors that could break the game by making any unit to powerful or too weak.
Pass - Ronan would help, but he’s not all that strong himself.

- POWER CHECK/ Consider the test unit and all existing units and all glyphs to compare to and check for any powers that could be over amplified and break the game. Each power must define when it takes place, who or what it affects, and What are the stipulations on the power if there are any.
Pass

- FUN TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play.
Pass - I especially liked when the Quantum Bands were on the field for everyone else to use.

- FUN COMPETITIVE TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play against.
Pass

- DRAFTING TEST/ Consider whether or not this design is worth drafting.
Pass

- USAGE TEST/ Consider whether or not all of the powers on this card were used or at least usable.
Pass

- STRATEGY TEST/ Consider whether or not the design offers any real strategy or interesting tactics to the overall game.
Pass

Army Test
- Does it pass
, Yes or No?Yes
- What should be the unit's point value? 355-375
- Give a brief overview. This was not Quasar’s best matchup by any means, but Quasar performed well on attack. Her defense was lackluster, leading to her early demise. She was never able to use Cosmic Siphon, because everyone attacked her only after becoming adjacent. Since the F4 are such a strong army, I’m not concerned that Quasar’s team lost. Even still, the Kree almost won, so Quasar’s points are close.
Map: Road Rampage (2 glyphs of Superspeed)
Units: Quasar, Ronan, Kree Scout x7 (1015) vs Fantastic Four (1000)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
- Does it pass
, Yes or No?Yes
- What should be the unit's point value? 355? She’s performed lower than the 375 you sent to me, so I’d choose the lower end of the spectrum that the other playtests have indicated. Despite Cosmic Siphon being powerful, it just won’t activate too often against the big attacks that C3G has. But I know there is huge potential for her to completely dominate a game with it.
- Give a brief overview. All Quasar succeeded in doing this game was destroying Battlesuit Lex. Her Quantum Bands were used by the opponents, but this might not have been to their advantage (both Wizard and Carnage took 2 wounds due to it). Cosmic Siphon scared the opponent away from making ranged attacks, but it is easy enough to engage Quasar since she has a low range of 5. Perhaps a screen would help her more.
Map: Road Rampage (2 glyphs of Astrid (+1 attack))
Units: Lex Luthor (Battle Suit), Wizard, LexCorps Security x2 (680) vs Quasar, Carnage, Beast Boy (Cheetah) (675)
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Karat; May 28th, 2013 at 01:27 PM.