Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Custom Units & Army Cards (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   ORnR's Customs- Pirates, Outlaws, Sci-Fi, Real-life, movies! (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=30626)

Old Rough and Ready June 22nd, 2010 12:36 AM

Re: Old Rough and Ready's Custom Army Cards

Higher price? That can be done.

All (or at least, most) customs will be play-tested tomorrow afternoon. I will post the results and any changes afterwards.

Old Rough and Ready June 23rd, 2010 09:31 PM

Well, with the play testing, my opponent went with a classic army (Charos, Jotun, Mimring, and the Lizardfolk Warriors) against my hybrid army (Obi-Wan, Count Dooku, Clone Spec Ops, Gladitrons & Blastatrons) So it wasn't a "fair" play test.

However, Dooku, Kenobi and the Clones have been voted OK for play.

I will still change Kirk (raise points, kill Famous Captain, make a Captain, not officer) and Spock (remove lasting effect of Nerve Pinch, but make it reduce defense(they could still defend full strength, which makes no sense if they're knocked out)) and will be moved to Vydar.

Also, just made but hardly practical, I present the USS Enterprise!

Old Rough and Ready June 24th, 2010 04:44 PM

Kirk and Spock are now edited.

Old Rough and Ready July 7th, 2010 10:51 PM

Re: ORnR's Customs - Dozens of great cards (Comments please!

A lot of new cards added, added in General Stories, reorganized page.

New Pirates, Outlaws, and Legends!

Old Rough and Ready July 9th, 2010 01:44 AM

New Cards Added!

A Martian Tripod, the IRA, Jarmen Kell, a GDI Commando, the Ghostbusters and Johnny 5!

Old Rough and Ready July 9th, 2010 04:37 AM

Added an alternative Martian Tripod. I'm having difficulty over which one is better for play. I'm leaning on the second, lighter one, what do you all think?

flameslayer93 July 9th, 2010 10:08 PM

Re: ORnR's Customs- Pirates, Outlaws, Sci-Fi, Real-life, mov

The ShortCircuit robot seems interesting and fun-filled but I see a few problems that could make the poor robot a pain to beat.

Treads has a nice restriction, but since his range is 6, he would be a fast threat on a map with lots of road. 6move+2 for treads+3 for road=11. Then add in another 6 for his range and this guy becomes fast. Combined with No Disassemble, this guy can potentially strike anything across the map and still be unkillable.

For Reprogram, I would suggest making the ability along the lines of a temporary mindshackle, but only for that single figure. It just seems more thematic with the movie.

It's a small thing, but I would make him mischevious. Again, it's only out of theme.

I'll go over the others a little later...and I like that shade of green for the cards:D!

Old Rough and Ready July 9th, 2010 11:20 PM

Thank you, Johnny 5 is a problem figure.

I like the idea of a temporary mind-shackle, it would work.

Also, one edit I'm planning on doing is lowering the chance of No Disassemble and his attack value.

flameslayer93 July 10th, 2010 08:56 PM

For Jarmen, I'd just flat out kill the bonus he gets from a shadow space. He doesn't need it as he is already a sniper and shouldn't worry about extra armor. I do think his within 4 spaces to attack clause will help him be worth his points.

For Business is Business, I would greatly lower the die roll for 1 wound. A 14 is pretty hard to get unless he has some sort of booster. If you want to give him a boost, make it add 3 to your die roll if you can see the entire hit zone of the targeted figure.

A point drop could be in order too. For a figure that takes 2 turns to even try to inflict an auto-wound, 170 seems kinda expensive. May I suggest 140 as a starting line?

Old Rough and Ready July 10th, 2010 09:40 PM

140? That could be done. I'll go ahead and edit it later tonight.

I agree, the shadow bonus is a little much.

Thanks again.

MagJam July 10th, 2010 10:04 PM

V is awesome. I like rolling with only 1 die on his special, keeps him affordable but gives you the chance to get lucky witht he dice. King Arthur is kinda awesome as well. Imagine the Knights, Concan, Sir Gilbert and Raelin! You could have knights giving Arthur a free turn, then attacking with 4-5 dice and defending with 6-7 dice depending on who you could keep adjacent. I guess you'd need 600 points for the heroes and 2 squads of knights.

Old Rough and Ready July 11th, 2010 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagJam (Post 1138873)
V is awesome. I like rolling with only 1 die on his special, keeps him affordable but gives you the chance to get lucky witht he dice. King Arthur is kinda awesome as well. Imagine the Knights, Concan, Sir Gilbert and Raelin! You could have knights giving Arthur a free turn, then attacking with 4-5 dice and defending with 6-7 dice depending on who you could keep adjacent. I guess you'd need 600 points for the heroes and 2 squads of knights.

Why thank you, V has been a favorite of mine.

Your army idea sounds awesome, but has one flaw, they're all beat-sticks! Some ranged dudes (Like my Jarmen Kell, Robin Longstride, NAVY SEALs) would beat them up!

But for a melee heavy battle, that would be awesome!