Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old July 12th, 2007, 02:37 PM
Master Custom Creator

Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker
Marvel Custom Destructible Object Cards

Since we have had fun with this topic in the regular HS customs' forum ( http://www.heroscapers.com/community...er=asc&start=0 ),
I thought it would be a good idea to get a template up for the Marvel objects.

This template seems more suited for sci-fi/urban items.

Here is the template:

I also have a larger .bmp version of the template. If anyone wants it, PM me and I'll e-mail it to you.

Here is another great template by Allskulls:

Doc_Savage's 2nd revision on the subject so far (based on play testing):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc_Savage
MELEE OBJECTS
SUPER-COMPLEX V2 RULES
By the Heroscapers Community
Edited by Doc Savage

Melee Objects will each have their own Army Card, which will list their LIFE, DEFENSE, SIZE, Hit Zone, and any special powers the object may have.

Melee Objects come in the same sizes as Heroscape figures:
SMALL
MEDIUM
LARGE
HUGE

Melee Objects may take up 1 or more spaces.

When a Unique Hero ends its movement adjacent to a Melee Object, instead of attacking it may pick up the Melee Object. Remove the Object from the Battlefield and place the Object on the Army Card of the figure carrying the Object.
OR
When a Unique Hero ends its movement adjacent to a Melee Object, instead of attacking it may pick up the Melee Object. Place the Melee Object's Army Card with the carrying Unique Hero's Army Card. The Melee Object moves with the carrying Hero and when movement ends must be placed in a space(s) adjacent to that Hero.

SMALL Melee Objects can be used by any figure sized Large or above or by any figure with Superstrength.
MEDIUM Melee Objects can be used by any Huge Figure or by any figure with Superstrength.
LARGE Melee Objects can only be used by figures with Superstrength.
HUGE Melee Objects can only be used by figures with Superstrength and an Attack of 6 or higher.

Additionally, figures with powers that move other figures (Throw, Teleport, Carry, etc.) may use Melee Objects of the same size as the figures that they may affect.

While carrying a Melee Object, a figure may only use its normal movement. No Flying, Leaping, Swing Line, Hyper Speed 5, or similar powers may be used by the figure carrying the object. A figure carrying an object may pass it to an adjacent Superstrength figure that you control at the end of any turn. A figure can drop the object on an adjacent empty space at any time during its turn.

USING MELEE OBJECTS

You can use Melee Objects in 3 ways. You can use them to boost your adjacent normal attack, you can defend with them or you can throw them.

BASHING YOUR ADJACENT OPPONENT
If you can pick up a Melee Object, you can use a normal attack to Bash your opponent's adjacent figures with it. The following bonuses are in addition to any normal attack bonuses.

SMALL Melee Objects add 1 die to your attack.
MEDIUM Melee Objects add 1 dice to your attack.
LARGE Melee Objects add 2 dice to your attack.
HUGE Melee Objects add 3 dice to your attack.

CHUCKING CARS
If you can pick up a Melee Object, you can throw it. The Melee Object must be placed adjacent to the attacked figure. If the target was destroyed by the attack, the Melee Object should be placed in the space the target had occupied. If there is no available adjacent space, the Melee Object was destroyed in the attack and is removed from the battlefield.

SMALL Melee Objects can be thrown a figure's Attack number -1 in spaces.
MEDIUM Melee Objects can be thrown a figure's Attack number - 1 in spaces
LARGE Melee Objects can be thrown a figure's Attack number -2 in spaces.
HUGE Melee Objects can be thrown a figure's Attack number -3 in spaces.

Roll Attack Dice equal to the distance thrown + the thrown Melee Object's remaining life.

THIS PHONE BOOTH IS MY SHIELD
If a figure is carrying a Melee Object, you may use it to block adjacent normal attacks. To do this, roll defense dice equal to the Melee Object's Defense. Apply all damage to the Melee object. If it is destroyed, any excess damage is lost.

MY STREETLIGHT IS BROKEN
Melee Objects take damage in a number of ways.

DEFENDING - As shown above, if your figure uses a Melee Object to block an adjacent normal attack, it takes damage.
ATTACKING - If you Bash a figure with a Melee Object, the Melee Object takes damage equal to the number of wounds inflicted on the attacked figure. Do not apply wounds to the attacking Melee Object in excess of the wounds required to destroy the attacked figure (or Melee Object being used by the defending figure.) If the attackers Melee Object is destroyed, any remaining wounds are NOT placed on the figure carrying the Melee Object.
THROWING - If you Throw a Melee Object at a figure, the Melee Object takes damage equal to the number of wounds inflicted on the attacked figure. Do not apply wounds to the attacking Melee Object in excess of the wounds required to destroy the attacked figure (or Melee Object being used by the defending figure.) If the attackers Melee Object is destroyed, any remaining wounds are NOT placed on the figure throwing the Melee Object.

GENERAL RULES
A Melee Object can be targeted instead of the character who is holding it. If so, roll attack and defense normally, using the defense from the object card.

A figure may hold only 1 melee object at a time.

When an Melee Object is destroyed, put the Object and its card out of play. A destroyed object will never revive.
Old July 12th, 2007, 02:42 PM
Master Custom Creator

Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker
Just to start things rolling, here is a wacky idea for an object:

With these super strong heroes, who does not want to toss some cars around?

There are some object packs for Heroclix that give you indoor and outdoor objects that may be of use or interesting to make into cards. They have lamposts and mailboxes, etc.

By the way, the car is a 1/43 scale vehicle that takes up two hex spaces.
I have a few of them in different styles (SUV, etc). You can find them at Toys R Us.
Old July 12th, 2007, 02:46 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
That car is wicked awesome.
Old July 12th, 2007, 02:50 PM
Grindmaster

allskulls has disabled reputation
Good stuff, Annerios! I have been thinking about this since I picked up the HC X-Men Danger Room set. Need an idea for the generator.
Old July 12th, 2007, 03:09 PM
Has Bigger Cockles

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Brilliant idea, Annerios! I'll now be looking around for random crap to toss on my battlefield and let people chuck at each other!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 12th, 2007, 03:22 PM

Jack o' Blades knows what's in an order marker Jack o' Blades knows what's in an order marker
Ever heard of the game -- Marvel Nemesis: Rise of the Imperfects? If not, it's a 3-D fighting game where you pick a Marvel or EA hero, and well, fight. In the playing "arena" I guess you could call it, there are several objects of which that can be thrown. Some of which include, cars (as you have done a wonderful job of), explosive barrels, light posts, parking meters, rubble from buildings, and so on.

Anyway, I thought of doing something like this for the explosive barrel:
(I'll go by your format)

Explosive Barrel -- Destructible Object

Barrel Throw Special Attack
Range 6. Attack 3.
For every wound inflicted by this attack, place one wound marker on this card. Once there are 3 wound markers on this card, the Explosion ability is automatically initiated. If the barrel is thrown and it does not reach it's 3 wound marker limit, then place it on an open adjacent space next to the target of the Barrel Throw Special Attack. The barrel can be thrown until Explosion is used.

Explosion
This ability can only be used through the Barrel Throw Special Attack. Once the barrel has 3 wound markers on it, roll 5 attack dice once for the last-targeted figure of Barrel Throw Special Attack and all adjacent units around it. Figures roll defense die seperately. After rolling, remove the barrel figure from the game.

Something like that
Old July 12th, 2007, 03:54 PM
Master Custom Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by allskulls
Good stuff, Annerios! I have been thinking about this since I picked up the HC X-Men Danger Room set. Need an idea for the generator.
I noticed you had not done the object card amongst all of the awesome templates you put up, so I figured I'd throw it up here.

A generator, explosive barrels; all of that stuff sounds like fun. It will make the battles a bit more epic and more like the comics, movies and animated shows.
Old July 12th, 2007, 03:56 PM
Has Bigger Cockles

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
There's almost too much awesomeness going on in this section for me to handle, lately.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 12th, 2007, 04:13 PM
Grindmaster

allskulls has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annerios
Quote:
Originally Posted by allskulls
I noticed you had not done the object card amongst all of the awesome templates you put up, so I figured I'd throw it up here.

A generator, explosive barrels; all of that stuff sounds like fun. It will make the battles a bit more epic and more like the comics, movies and animated shows.
I suppose I could. Maybe give a different look for each card like with the character cards.

I was actually thinking about making draftable objects that work just like the destructable ones but gives a bonus to your team only.
Old July 12th, 2007, 04:21 PM
Resident Artist & Master Custom Creator

CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker
Okay, I know I need to tweak the wording but here's my shot at it,

My mind is the Pink Zippo that sits on top of a pack of Camel Wides.
Old July 12th, 2007, 05:08 PM
Master Custom Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupidsArt
Okay, I know I need to tweak the wording but here's my shot at it,
All right, I'm going to try to decipher it, because you are making my eyes bleed. :P

For Explosion: if the barrels get a wound marker, you roll the D20. On 1-9 nothing happens; on 10-19 all figures within 4 clear sight spaces take one wound without defense and on a 20 all figures within 8 clear sight spaces take one wound with no defense. Since there are multiple barrels, each time the figure is attacked, there can be an explosion. Now, if the thing takes 3 wound markers from one attack then you get the Blinding Explosion which kills all figures within 3 clear sight spaces. All figures within 6 clear spaces of the Blinding Explosion can't attack or move until the round is over because they are "blinded by the light".

Is that right?

What on earth is in those barrels? Run away! We're all going to die.

It would be satisfying to watch the Hulk get turned into a green slag heap by something like this.
Old July 12th, 2007, 05:12 PM
Has Bigger Cockles

Blinded by the light,
revved up like a deuce,
another runner in the night
Blinded by the light,
revved up like a deuce,
Blinded by the light,
revved up like a deuce,

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations