Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old July 11th, 2007, 07:38 PM
Admin

Oogie_Da_Bruce is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Oogie_Da_Bruce is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Comic-Con Tournament sponsored by HouseMouseGames

Updated July 18th.

Comic-Con Scapers, after you pick up your, "Maybe a promo figure", be sure to stop by the Open Gaming Area after the main hall closes for the Comic-Con Tournament sponsered by HouseMouseGames.

Who: All Comic-Con goers.
What: Comic-Con Heroscape Tournament
When: Saturday, 7PM-11:30PM
Where: San Diego Marriott Hotel and Marina - Marina Ballroom (there will be 2 open) - South Tower - 3rd Floor
Why: It's Scape!!! @ Comic-Con!!!

Format: One 500 point premade army. Official Heroscape Figures Only (promo/promo repaints OK - No Marvel Figures). 50 minute time limit. Tie breaker is points (victory margin). Limited to 16 Seats. Max 4 rounds.

Maps: From the GenCon Tournement
Click here for GenCon Map Thread
&
From the Battlefields of Vallhalla
Click here for BOV Map Thread.

Prizes: 2 Marvel Heroscape, 2 sets of Wave 7. Donated by Sandra at HouseMouseGames. Top 10 players will be awarded prizes.

All players must bring their figures, markers, cards, and dice.
Players who also bring a Master Set of Terrain will get priority seating. Players will build maps onsite (30 min setup).

NO entry fee for tournament. Only need to have a Comic-Con Badge to access Hotel Gaming Area. Saturday badges are still available for preorder at http://www.comic-con.org/cci/ for $30 adult or $15 Jr/Sr.

The Open Gaming Area will be open until 3:30AM on Saturday. So after the tourney, some of us may be sticking around to play casualy (MarvelScape anyone?).

Event time was pushed back so that attendees can get the most of their Comic-Con experience. Main Hall closes at 7pm.

Also, there will be a Pre-Comic-Con Event hosted by the SoCal League at Shuffle and Cut Games in LaHabra Sunday July 22nd @3PM.
For Last SoCal Event Thread click here.

If your on the fence for Comic-Con, want to test out some potential tournament armies, or just want to Scape, join us for causual play using the tournament format (500 point premade armies - single set+ maps). $2 House fee to be awarded as door prizes.
For Link to New SoCal Event Thread click here.

Here are some pics from last year's Comic-Con:

This year will be just a awesome!!!

Current Roster:

1. Oogie_Da_Bruce (MS*2+Forest+Tundra+Lava)
2. allskulls (MS+)
3. Magnum Mike (MS+)
4. Irate_Giraffe (MS+Forest*3)
5. Irate_Giraffe Guest (MS+Tundra*2)
6. Irate_Giraffe Guest #2 (MS+Lava*2)
7. Irate_Giraffe Guest #3
8. Detrimentalman (MS + Forest)
9. Syvarris the Ruler
10. GamerHusband
11. Ron Milts
12. Kevin Ritz
13. Matt Polan
14. Jay Hathaway

Unconfirmed:

- Runehardt
- Skeletor
- Doc_Savage
- BIGJIM
- Avenger

Recent Games Played:
Old July 12th, 2007, 01:19 PM
Grindmaster

allskulls has disabled reputation
I am down, Oog! Just let me know what you need.
Old July 12th, 2007, 01:27 PM
Beware the Curse

boom knows what's in an order marker boom knows what's in an order marker boom knows what's in an order marker
I am also here to assist . Having players bring at least a master will definitely lighten the load, so good call.

Good trades: Oogie Da Bruce, EyeOfSauron, Lilnewbie, rodriguez, Jaz1597(x2), GeneralRolando, SlikkRikk, BIGJIM, Lord Pyre

All new 'scapers, check this out:
http://tinyurl.com/6x3wlu
Old July 12th, 2007, 04:24 PM

cycoduck is surprisingly tart
Pardon my ignorance, but I have a few questions.

When is the San Diego Comic Con?
Is there a fee just to go, or can my son and I show up for the tournament without paying a fee?
Is there an age limit? (I'd probably play with my son as a team, allowing him to choose the army, and direct the action, with me providing support. It will give him an opportunity to play other people besides myself).

Old July 12th, 2007, 04:29 PM
Resident Artist

hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cycoduck

Is there a fee just to go, or can my son and I show up for the tournament without paying a fee?
Is there an age limit? (I'd probably play with my son as a team, allowing him to choose the army, and direct the action, with me providing support. It will give him an opportunity to play other people besides myself).
The Con runs July 26-29, with a preview night on the 25th.

You can register early, but I'm sure that is going to be ending soon. At the door price for adults is $65, and for kids 12-17 is $35.

I'm not sure if there is a cost to get into the gaming area Oog is referring to. However, Comic Con has something for EVERYONE. They have stuff for movies, comics, toys, games, television... and MORE! A truly huge event. So if you're able to afford the cost, I definitely recommend attending.

For some images from Oog's attendance last year, go here:
http://www.heroscapers.com/oldgaller....php?album=287

Other information can be found here: http://www.comic-con.org/

.:: .H3X. | Click here to check out bloggy goodness! :: SotW 31 ::.
"An out of print game is not unplayable. It is simply more treasured."
Old July 12th, 2007, 04:31 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by hextr1p
I'm not sure if there is a cost to get into the gaming area Oog is referring to. However, Comic Con has something for EVERYONE. They stuff for movies, comics, toys, games, television... and MORE! A truly huge event. So if you're able to afford the cost, I definitely recommend attending.

Other information can be found here: http://www.comic-con.org/
I just got into comic books and really wish I could go.

Good luck running this if it comes to pass Oog. Can't wait for your report.
Old July 12th, 2007, 06:13 PM

Wilkerson74 has disabled reputation
Tourney sounds fun, but I don't think I'll be at the con on saturday! AGH! I am very interested, if someone wants to give me a ride back home on sunday (hex)...haha....keep me posted on the details.

Wilks

Cheers to all of you!

Cheers to your favorite crew!
Old July 12th, 2007, 06:58 PM
Admin

Oogie_Da_Bruce is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Oogie_Da_Bruce is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by cycoduck

I think hextr1p hit most of the major points. And thanks for the links... brings back memories!!!

You can still register online for Saturday. $30 for an adult, $15 for children and seniors.

This is the first year they are partnering with Marriot to expand their open gaming section. You will need to have a badge (comes with paid admission) to play in the open game areas. That's part of the reason I want to have the tourney as late in the day as possible. I want people to get the most of their Comic-Con experience and see all the happenings.

No age limit. How old is your son. I don't see any MAJOR problem with dad giving a little advice, but other players might. I would say keep advice to a minimum.

I would suggest (since it's free) both of you enter and it doubles your chances of bring home a Marvel Heroscape or Wave 7 prize.

Recent Games Played:
Old July 12th, 2007, 11:35 PM
Beware the Curse

boom knows what's in an order marker boom knows what's in an order marker boom knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oogie_Da_Bruce
No age limit. How old is your son. I don't see any MAJOR problem with dad giving a little advice, but other players might.
I've got absolutely no problem with a father helping his young son hand me my head . If you son is 26 however......

Good trades: Oogie Da Bruce, EyeOfSauron, Lilnewbie, rodriguez, Jaz1597(x2), GeneralRolando, SlikkRikk, BIGJIM, Lord Pyre

All new 'scapers, check this out:
http://tinyurl.com/6x3wlu
Old July 13th, 2007, 01:21 AM

Runehardt has disabled reputation
This sounds like fun - I'm possibly going to be there walking the con with work (so I don't have to pay for it) so I don't know if I will be available for this time frame. I'll know for sure after this gets pinned down a little more.
My boss is still determining if he wants to go for just Saturday or spend the night and do both days.
Old July 13th, 2007, 04:39 PM

Skeletor knows what's in an order marker Skeletor knows what's in an order marker Skeletor knows what's in an order marker
Garsh darn it!!

Normally I ditch the Comic COn on Saturday cause it is just to damn crowded and crazy. So I would be all over goign to a HS tourney.

However there is a Brotherhood party on Saturday that I help set up decorations for at the Abbey near Balboa Park.

I don't know if I would be able to haul a master set and ditch on party deco on Saturday.

And in case anyone is intersted in the party and hot chicks in vampire costumes check outthe booth #433 and the web site

http://www.freaksnightout.com/

They party isn't untill after the tourney.
Old July 13th, 2007, 06:02 PM
Master Custom Creator

Doc_Savage is surprisingly tart
Thanks for the heads up Oogie... I will be at the con, but don't know when my company's events are, so I probably can't enter the tourney. I will be sure to stop by and say hello...

"Just let the dirt shower over you" - Brennan Huff
"Do Good, Avoid Evil" - Charles N. Mahlman
Check out my Custom Cards
Check out my blog: http://docsavagetales.blogspot.com/

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events