Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old June 7th, 2007, 06:59 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
johnny139's Super Customs! NEW 9/12 - Mogo, Sentient Planet!

Being an all-around lover of comics and superheroes, and an avid Custom creator, you all knew this thread was inevitable. So, without further ado, my custom heroes!

MARVEL CUSTOMS

Well look at that - J. Jonah Jameson! Spider-Man's boss. I figured his main trait was, well, hating Vigilantes - so I made him label any opposing Vigilante as a Menace, boosting all of your teams attacks against him! Just as well, he gives a boost to your Civilians, by allowing them to move and, potentially, giving them a huge boost attacking them. You get three in a row and you're swinging four attack against Batman... not so wimpy now, eh?

Also, he yells a lot. Wasn't sure how to fit that into his powers... so I just gave them all exclamation points.

My most recent attempt at custom making after a LONG hiatus, I picture War Machine as an "Iron Man Heavy." He's a bit slower and a bit closer range, but he's got beefier defense and a nice special attack - I've always liked Rapid Fire Special Attack, but it's always disappointed me. Plus, as a Disciplined Soldier, he can get some nice synergy with Marcus Decimus Gallus and the Sacred Band and such. Simple, but effective, changes.

Older Customs are spoilered below...
Spoiler Alert!

DC CUSTOMS

In the recent Green Lantern comics, Aquaman's wife Mera sees her deceased husband and baby coming back to life as zombies. When she does so, rage burns inside of her, and she attracts the attention of a Red Power Ring, becoming... a Red Lantern!

She's so consumed by rage that she can't tell friend from foe. She's a one-man army; she'll go around and just smash smash smash everyone around her, whether you'd like her to or not. Of course, she has the same general abilities as all Lanterns (thanks to C3G for that basis for that), and pretty mediocre stats otherwise. Once she's out of juice, she's out of juice, y'know?

One of the most interesting Green Lanterns (which is saying something in an organization with sentient viruses and mathematical equations) is Mogo the Sentient Planet. He's exactly what it says on the tin.

Now, it's hard to capture real "planet-ness" in HeroScape. So, my friend and I pieced this guy together. Using a 3D Lantern from HeroClix, seen HERE, Mogo can be played in a somewhat vague sense. He uses his Power Battery to control the planet around him; lightning, the birth of trees and bushes, and with a bit of oomph, he can create a flash flood, a blizzard, a whirlpool, a sinkhole, or a volanic eruption!

So, there you go. He's a little out there, I admit... but still. Seems like fun, no?

Last edited by johnny139; September 12th, 2010 at 05:36 AM. Reason: Updated Mogo
Old June 7th, 2007, 07:16 PM
Has Bigger Cockles

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Great stuff!

lol, j/k, but I'm eager to see what you'll cook up when the time comes.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old June 7th, 2007, 07:18 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
I already have three somewhat obscure characters planned!

First on the list - Silver Samurai!
Old June 7th, 2007, 07:58 PM
Grindmaster

allskulls has disabled reputation
Looking forward to your customs. I have a blank you could use in my thread (see sig). It's not great but at least all the text will be lined up and you can replace the background when we get the scans.
Old June 13th, 2007, 06:58 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

My first crack at a Marvel Custom. There are some major flaws in the overall look of the card, I know. It's identical to Iron Man, except one size larger. I just like his Ultimate look. Any opinions on the format? I know the Move/Range/Attack/Defense are off; they're the thing I'm going to change first in my next card.
Old June 14th, 2007, 03:18 AM
Has Bigger Cockles

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I'm not real up on the Ultimates. So when I saw that card I did a doubletake. Never seen Iron Man looking like that before!

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old June 14th, 2007, 05:45 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

I've been working on two things - power making, formatting, and DC labeling. I, personally, like the DC Logo - clear is good! The powers I'm a bit eh on, but I'm comforable with the format now. Oh and as for personality, I didn't know. I only know him from JLU, and he only had a few lines in that. IAmBatman, a little help?
Old June 14th, 2007, 08:11 PM
Has Bigger Cockles

OK ... Red Tornado ... your powers are more interesting than those on my card, I'll have to admit.

Right now I have a few concerns about your version.
First of all, no personality? You should figure something to fill that in, whether it's the standard robot "Precise" or something else.

Stealth Flying: Text Book.

Hover: Not sure I understand how this power works ... What, for the purposes of this power constitutes the "beginning" of the turn?

Tornado Spiral Special Attack: I like the flavor concept of having him blast people with tornadoes from far away. And I also understand how it functions, right up until the last sentence ... I'm not sure at this point how to interpret "Do damage to all opponents passed by equal to half the amount of Skulls."
Did you intend something like "Roll the attack dice once. All figures Red Tornado passes are affected and should take damage equal to half the amount of skulls rolled."
If that's the way you intended it, I think this wording might clear it up a bit. Still, though, it's going to be a kind of difficult power to interpret when it comes to rolls of 1 or 3 or 5 - what's considered half of those? Which way does rounding go?

Old June 14th, 2007, 08:23 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman
Right now I have a few concerns about your version.
First of all, no personality? You should figure something to fill that in, whether it's the standard robot "Precise" or something else.
Yeah, I was going to ask about that. I'll probably go with Precise.

Quote:
Stealth Flying: Text Book.

Hover: Not sure I understand how this power works ... What, for the purposes of this power constitutes the "beginning" of the turn?
Alright, let's say Red Tornado flys over and lands next to your oponent's Spider-Man. Boom boom, punch punch. He's engaged. Now, at the beginning of Spidey's turn, he is adjacent to Red Tornado. If Captain America is on Spider-Man's team, he could walk up to an engaged Tornado and hit him. If he's on Tornado's team, he could walk up and help him. But if he's not engaged and just flies around, Spider-Man can't use a regular attack against him, and Cap can't boost his attack.

Is that a good explaination? He's really just an annoyer. The ability is supposed to reflect him floating around in his little Tornado Cloud under him.

Quote:
Tornado Spiral Special Attack: I like the flavor concept of having him blast people with tornadoes from far away. And I also understand how it functions, right up until the last sentence ... I'm not sure at this point how to interpret "Do damage to all opponents passed by equal to half the amount of Skulls."
Did you intend something like "Roll the attack dice once. All figures Red Tornado passes are affected and should take damage equal to half the amount of skulls rolled."
If that's the way you intended it, I think this wording might clear it up a bit. Still, though, it's going to be a kind of difficult power to interpret when it comes to rolls of 1 or 3 or 5 - what's considered half of those? Which way does rounding go?
Oh, I should clear that up. Yeah, you roll defense dice once for all opponents, and they DON'T roll defense dice. They just get half the damage dealt to them. And I'll add "rounded up" somewhere.
Old June 14th, 2007, 08:51 PM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Maybe I'm missing something, but Red Tornado appears completely broken to me. He essentially cannot be attacked by melee units at all and he can attack up to 5 figures with an attack that ignores Defense entirely? He also can't be attacked by melee fliers? Sure, he can be shot with ranged units, but that really doesn't make him anything but broken from what I'm reading.
Old June 15th, 2007, 12:25 AM
Has Bigger Cockles

I think I have to side somewhat with Eclipse here (though I don't think he quite has the Hover ability down now that I'm *pretty* sure I have it figured out).
I would suggest toning down the Tornado Spiral Special Attack. If you're not letting units defend against it, 5 attack dice is a LOT, even if they only take half damages and round up. He's basically going to kill every squad figure he passes no matter what their defense or special defensive abilities on his first try unless absolutely whiffs. I would recommend making it 1 die only and then you don't have to worry about the whole rounding thing. Or I suppose you could make it so it only affects unique heroes, but it would seem kind of odd thematically that the tornadoes hurt unique heroes but not squaddies. Even with the power at one die, it's going to be a beast (much like my Flash's Molecular Instability power). With 5 die it wouldn't be unheard of for him to take out Realin, the Krav, and Q9 all during one activation as long as you started out within 5 spaces of them all.
What I seem to get from the Hover ability (still not completely sure on this) is that the figure can't move into an engagement with Red Tornado and attack on the same turn. Instead they have to engage with him on one turn, then on the next turn if they're still engaged, they can attack with a 1 range attack. It's a pretty confusing power to interpret in general and I'm not sure how to word it any better than you have without spending an entire paragraph. It also seems like it'd be kind of annoying to enact. Also, it does make Red Tornado pretty tough unless he's facing strong range, because 6 defense/4 life is going to hold up to most weaker range, and melee figures aren't going to be able to do squat on him unless they lock him down with cyberclaw. They engage him one turn, and then he uses stealth flying to get away or the Special Attack to kill several people around him and still get away.
Actually, that leads me to another question I have - with the Tornado Spiral Special Attack, do normal engagement rules apply? You didn't specify one way or another. I actually think at this point they should, just to tone down the power a bit so that if he's engaged he either can't use the power or risks injuring himself. That way with the hover power, Red Tornado has to either stay engaged or sacrifice attacking himself that turn.

Old June 15th, 2007, 12:32 AM
Has Bigger Cockles

I just thought of something else. Feel free to take or leave this suggestion. I certainly like that you're trying to do something different with Hover, but since I have no good suggestions on how to clear up its wording enough, I though I'd suggest an alternative. Maybe an easier use of the "Hover" power would be for Red Tornado to always have height advantage over non-flying figures (at least those placed at a certain height or lower - maybe he has height advantage until the non-flyers are at a height of like 25 spaces, and no units ever have height advantage over Red Tornado). A power like that could really help him track down sharpshooters hanging out on cliffsides. With that and stealth flying to help him disengage, and that beast of a special attack, he's still be pretty darn rough. Right now he's probably about 200 points under costed. With these changes he's probably worth about 250 or so.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations