Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel News
Marvel News Hasbro-released news, store sightings, etc. specific to Marvel HS

Old May 22nd, 2007, 02:51 PM
Master Custom Creator

Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker
More Official Marvel News!

http://www.hasbro.com/heroscape/defa...3AA88A0DCE7AD1

Quote:
Coming this Summer- Heroscape Marvel: The Conflict Begins

Who would win in an all out brawl? Captain America teamed up with Spider-Man, or Abomination teamed up with Doctor Doom? Now YOU can decide!

Marvel invades the Heroscape world in this exciting stand-alone expansion set this July (Approximate Retail Price $29.99). Choose from 10 different Marvel Super Heroes & Super Villains and clobber your way through your opponents using one of the pre-built scenarios, or build your own 3-D battlefield and pit your favorite Heroes & Villains against each other in ways you never imagined!

And we have secured some detailed information on the Comic Heroes and Villains included in Marvel Heroscape: The Conflict Begins as well as an image of the box!

Heroscape Marvel Game

Super Heroes:

• Captain America : This Valiant Soldier can use his Vibranium shield to bring down any foes not within his reach. He can also inspire his friends when they are near!

• Incredible Hulk : Don’t make this green machine angry! He can leap across great distances without warning, and uses any injuries to fuel his anger.

• Iron Man : This Iron clad adventurer flies through the air as effortlessly as.. well.. as effortlessly as a huge Iron suit with Jet Boots can... He can also attack multiple times, so enemies beware!

• Spider-Man : Spider-Man can swing through the air using his web lines, and has been known to strike enemies that he can’t reach with his balled up webbing. He also has the uncanny knack to dodge attacks!

• Silver Surfer : Once a misunderstood Super Villain, now a Super Hero, the Silver Surfer uses the Powers Cosmic to strike fear into all of his enemies. He can fly on his board undetected, and speed away from any encounter!

Super Villains:

• Abomination : One of the known enemies of the Incredible Hulk, Abomination uses his massive size to his advantage while stomping around the city. He has been known to take out entire crowds just by using his advanced strength.

• Thanos : Not much is known about Thanos, although it has been reported that this deadly conqueror cannot die.

• Venom : Sworn enemy of Spider-Man, Venom is almost an exact copy of the Wall Crawler, although many have reported that he is stronger than Spider-Man, just a bit slower with his reflexes.

• Red Skull :This evil mastermind can manipulate anyone into doing his bidding.

• Doctor Doom : Doctor Doom has been known to take control of other Super Beings to do his own will, which is always nefarious in nature.

Don’t forget to check back as we get closer to the July release date for more information. And keep checking www.hasbrotoyshop.com for the latest Heroscape releases!
Old May 22nd, 2007, 03:31 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Wow, Hasbro no longer sucks!

Captain America - All valiant figures next to him gain defense/attack? And his shield has multi-hit, I knew it.

Hulk - Wounded Smash, Jump Punch. Maybe Stealth Leap, too? Looks like he'll kick some bahooky!

Iron Man - We already know!

Spider-Man - Web-Zip, Spider Sense, Web Ball attack? Short range missile type thing?

Silver Surfer - An anti-aura, that weakens enemies? Improved Flying must include disengage and something more...

Abomination - A short-range Shotgun Blast type dealie?

Thanos - Immortality.

Venom - Spider-Man -2 Move and +2 Attack. Kewl.

Red Skull - Ooh, Cosmic Cube Mindshackling! I knew he'd be a favorite of mine.

Doctor Doom - More Mindshackling? I hope it's a different type, though. A one turn only dealie?

SQUEE!
Old May 22nd, 2007, 03:48 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
I've been on the fence about Marvelscape, but...damn if I'm not interested ><

317-149
C3V Brainstorm
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old May 22nd, 2007, 03:50 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I love how this thread has 3 (now 4) posts and the Wave 7 news thread is already up to 7 pages!
Old May 22nd, 2007, 03:52 PM
Grindmaster

allskulls has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by netherspirit
I love how this thread has 3 (now 4) posts and the Wave 7 news thread is already up to 7 pages!
Come on Marvel fans, let's rally. AVENGERS ASSEMBLE and all that
Old May 22nd, 2007, 03:54 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by allskulls
Quote:
Originally Posted by netherspirit
Come on Marvel fans, let's rally. AVENGERS ASSEMBLE and all that
Ooh, ooh, can I be Thor?
Old May 22nd, 2007, 03:55 PM
Master Custom Creator

Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade
I've been on the fence about Marvelscape, but...darn if I'm not interested ><
Need that terrain though, plus all of the powers will help expand what we do with HS customs.
Old May 22nd, 2007, 04:07 PM
Grindmaster

allskulls has disabled reputation
Speaking of customs...it's about time to get a good pool of supers customs going. Would be cool to have one thread highlighting all the best supers customs. Maybe have voting like the speed customs thing. Anyone down?
Old May 22nd, 2007, 04:14 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

Quote:
Originally Posted by allskulls
Speaking of customs...it's about time to get a good pool of supers customs going. Would be cool to have one thread highlighting all the best supers customs. Maybe have voting like the speed customs thing. Anyone down?
I'd be the first in line!
Old May 22nd, 2007, 04:18 PM
Messy Eater

Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby!
It'd be kind of foolish for the mainstream HS fans to not support this cool game, imho. It's more of the same HS goodness only with recognizeably cool super heroes. Kind of a no brainer, really.
Old May 22nd, 2007, 04:34 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
My two cents, before I dive back into the epic Wave Seven thread.

Captain America....counterstrike we know. Shield Throw has got to have the ability to hit multiple enemies I think. There's something to it besides just a special ranged attack. Inspiration is a bit trickier....could just be a basic enhancement to adjacent allied characters, like a combo of Finn and Thor, or it could be something new and more complex.

Incredible Hulk....I see they've added "incredible" to the title, eh? His card at toyfair didn't indicate he could jump any distance, just that he could jump up to strike at figures higher than him.....I guess this is a change? Injuries fuleing his attack is an obvious power, and a good one.

Iron Man....we know his stats and this blurb doesn't seem to indicate that anything has changed.

Spider-Man....he can evade damage, Ninja-style, by ignoring the wounds and swinging away, as his card indicates. The web ball is likely a special attack, although I'm still thinking he needs to be able to tie folks up and prevent them from moving somehow....that seems more iconic to the character than projectile webbing. Web swing is some sort of special movement, but I'm wondering how it will work....I guess he just swings on thin air like in the cartoon? Or maybe it works more like an advanced grapple?

Silver Surfer....I'm thinking he's got a ranged special ability, plus Improved Flight could be something like Stealth Flying, with the added ability to move before turn markers are placed perhaps? Or maybe he needs order markers but he gets a free move of some sort at the start of every round, before any turns are taken by any players....that's a good way to embody "undetected" I think.

Abomination.....hmm...some sort of multi-figure melee strike, coupled with a bad-azz attack value? Maybe he can do some sort of stomping attack.

Thanos....Immortality could be represented if the point values were juuuussst right. It would be tricky. The way to do it, I think. would be to have him "die" temporarily, and start a counter for his return. X number of rounds or turns later, he appears in a starting zone ready for new order markers, perhaps with less health than before. Basically you'd have to kill him, then wipe out the rest of your opponent's forces before Thanos reappeared in order to assure you have the field.

Venom...as they say, a near-duplciate of spidey. I'm thinking more attack, life, or defense (not all three) but much weaker spidey-sense. Perhaps his ranged attack will be different as well. Maybe his move value is one less.

Red Skull....perhaps temporary mindshackle? He gets to take one turn with an opponent? He's got to have range with those guns, and maybe double attack as well.

Doctor Doom....another possible mind-shackle, perhaps temporary. Probably a special attack too, likely ranged.
Old May 22nd, 2007, 04:35 PM

Turtleboy has disabled reputation
They need to brush up a tad on their comic history though. Venom was orginally out to get Spider-Man, but he also Joined up with him, and did good for a while. Hes also not "slower" hes in fact, one of the only few who can get past Spiderman's Spidy Senses.... /end rant!!

But yea, I cant wait for this to hit the shelves!!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel News