June 23rd 3 17.65%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 13th, 2007, 11:54 AM
Nipple Rings

wisinger Woo who?
DFW - June Tourney (Worst Army Ever)

Date / Time :
June 9th / 1:00ish - 2:00ish start time, depending on GB's schedule

- J Gilligans (5.00 Entry Fee - BYOF (But, oh my god, they have Irish Nachos (worth going, just to experience this)))

Additional info:
- Starting zones to be marked with some tape - got some colored stickers, will test on my terrain for ease of pulling off, and overall stickiness.
- bring your own glyphs
- bring your own army
- bring your own dice / turn markers / etc

Physical location for J Gilligans:
400 East Abram St
Arlington, TX 76010

Clicky for map

Worst Army Criteria:
- Minimum 400 points
- Minimum of 10 spaces used in the deployment zone
- Minimum of 1 Army Card with a base range value of 5 or more

Maps:
- multiple glyphs, separated 3-6 hexes (3 per map?)
- "small" maps (1 master + 1 expansion)
- links for candidates:

Hot Lava Death

Dzu Too

Ruins of Pinetree Marsh

Roadkill

Pine Flats

Glyph pool:
All Glyphs are to be picked from

Confirmed Attendees:
Wisinger
Infinitymax
MiniMax
GrungeBob
NinthDoc
Jonathan
UNTsig
R˙chean
Funrun
Markwars
Velenne
Luke
Rodriquez
Copronymous
DflynSqrl
aahzmandius
Kurisenshi
DrLivingston
Piherculis
"Mike"
DMG (since I put you here, you have to come right )
Focus
Liam_l
UPC
TheRealQ
QlaeRehT <-- his son

Current Total: 27 (counting DMG, whom I pm'd and confirmed that he is going to show up *Clap*)

Map Makers:
Velenne - 1 - Hot Lava Death
Jonathan - Hot Lava Death (1) / Ruins of Pinetree Marsh (1)
R˙chean - 4 - Dzu Too (3) / Ruins of Pinetree Marsh (1)
IMax - Ruins of Pinetree Marsh (1) / Hot Lava Death (1)
Wisinger - 4 - Road Kill (3) / Pine Flats (1)
Rod - 2, just in case we get last minute people - Pine Flats

Old March 13th, 2007, 12:14 PM
"Mr. Zettian Handshake"

Jonathan knows what's in an order marker Jonathan knows what's in an order marker
Ouch! Guess I should have read before I voted

Any weekend should be good for us, and all that jazz looks fantastic!
Old March 13th, 2007, 07:45 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth
Re: DFW - June Tourney (Worst Army Ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisinger
Worst Army Criteria (throwing out ideas here):
- minimum 400 points
- minimum 16 figures / tiles (allow double spaced to count as 2?)
- minimum 2 heroes
- minimum 2 squads
Minumum 400 points agreed!

Minumum 16 figures? Hexes! minumum of X number of Hexes would be better...and I suggest we make it a smaller number of hexes like say 10?

and if we are not going to require at least one range card, then we need to go with smallish maps.

Hexes take care of squad requirement...I see no reason to require the hero cards; that will happen naturally.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old March 13th, 2007, 10:04 PM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
OK, I'm begging for an early June date. I am completely out for the weekend of June 23rd. And after that the earlier in the month the better.

My vote is June 2nd.

Also remember that as the summer progresses the Texas heat will rear its ugly head. If you thought it was warm in the hall last weekend imagine what it will feel like by late June.

Old March 13th, 2007, 10:30 PM
Man Genius

InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I say we move the tourney to J Gilligans in Arlington. I readily admit the facility is not as nice, but it's got more room and you can order food and beverages there. If we're not providing food, we can charge less per person, and then if you don't feel like eating Irish Nachos (because you're insane), you can bag-lunch it. They have other food, too, but seriously? Why eat something else when you could have Irish Nachos?

I'll arrange it, if people are game. The Wisingers have done this twice already - it's time for someone else to step up and do this heinous task. I can do whatever date is decided, but I also prefer early June to late.

http://drakesflames.blogspot.com
Drake's Flames, my crassly opinionated game review site. Updates three times a week.
Old March 13th, 2007, 10:44 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean
Quote:
Originally Posted by wisinger
Worst Army Criteria (throwing out ideas here):
- minimum 400 points
- minimum 16 figures / tiles (allow double spaced to count as 2?)
- minimum 2 heroes
- minimum 2 squads
Minumum 400 points agreed!

Minumum 16 figures? Hexes! minumum of X number of Hexes would be better...and I suggest we make it a smaller number of hexes like say 10?

and if we are not going to require at least one range card, then we need to go with smallish maps.

Hexes take care of squad requirement...I see no reason to require the hero cards; that will happen naturally.
Minimum 400 points
Minimum of 10 spaces used in the deployment zone
Minimum of 1 Army Card with a base range value of 5 or more

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old March 13th, 2007, 11:36 PM
Man Genius

InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob
Minimum 400 points
Minimum of 10 spaces used in the deployment zone
Minimum of 1 Army Card with a base range value of 5 or more
Good point. You gotta throw a bone and have SOME range.

http://drakesflames.blogspot.com
Drake's Flames, my crassly opinionated game review site. Updates three times a week.
Old March 14th, 2007, 07:57 AM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
I'd love to be there, but June is just too soon for me to miss another Sunday, since I'm going to GenCon in August. So, I'll just wait for the Fall event.
Old March 14th, 2007, 08:27 AM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityMax
I say we move the tourney to J Gilligans in Arlington. I readily admit the facility is not as nice, but it's got more room and you can order food and beverages there. If we're not providing food, we can charge less per person, and then if you don't feel like eating Irish Nachos (because you're insane), you can bag-lunch it. They have other food, too, but seriously? Why eat something else when you could have Irish Nachos?

I'll arrange it, if people are game. The Wisingers have done this twice already - it's time for someone else to step up and do this heinous task. I can do whatever date is decided, but I also prefer early June to late.
I want some Irish Nachos. That sounds fine to me.
Old March 14th, 2007, 11:19 AM

krunkster has disabled reputation
Ugh, I've done this type of tournament before.
Believe me once you've figured it out there's one common unit that is horrible.

I think you should make a no doubles rule for commons, otherwise you're all going to be playing the same team.
Old March 14th, 2007, 11:24 AM
Mintiest of the Minty

Please share....
Old March 14th, 2007, 11:36 AM
ATF Agent

ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby!
I'm all about general specific armies right now. Any interest in picking a general and taking the worst team within that general only? Utgar has several choices within his army alone. The only ones that could be difficult are Jandar and Vydar. What do ya'll think?

I've always been crazy, but it's kept me from going insane.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events