Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old September 10th, 2006, 09:38 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby!
I put this map together last night minutes before we were set to start my birthday gaming. I'm don't think I'll like having a castle in all our maps. So I created this one with highest elevation being the volcano vents on the sides. The middle glacier still has height advantage on the sideline glaciers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundance
I just wanted to say that this was/is a great thread. I don't personally have kids but i go to a friends house and enjoy playing w/ his kids whether it be video games or boardgames....the nice thing being that i can leave when i want. Its more of a rental-kids kinda thing. But its always nize to see kids get involved ..in anything. Its even better when its something that we enjoy just as much. So kudos..and Great Thread!
Thanks Sundance! LOL, sometimes I wish I could leave when I want if just to get an hour or two for mama-papa time. Sheesh...
Old September 10th, 2006, 09:41 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Very interesting map. I could see this being a lot of fun.
Old September 14th, 2006, 07:13 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by netherspirit
Very interesting map. I could see this being a lot of fun.
It's not very friendly to those units with 4 movement. Someday I'll do a flat board with very little height change or heavy movements just for the Sacred Band, Knights of Weston among others...
Old October 7th, 2006, 02:38 AM
Emeritus Admin

Here is a layout I've created for tomorrow night's throwdown. I'm hoping Jim and his wife - visiting S.F. this weekend - will show up and game with Guerillanator and I.
I built a castle setup with my typical glacial masses intruding upon what's left of the ancient fortification. Strewn about in front of Castle Mij are slowly melting and separating glaciers, stubborn evergreens, and ruins that were once part of a bigger, outer wall.

As one approaches the fortification they'll notice a high point on the right. This was at one time a massive tower used for observation and defending the main portion of the old castle. Now a slow gurgling presence of molten lava and rock has begun to take its toll on the ancient observational platform. Attacking forces will note that this mound of warm earth is a very good point for ranged forces to counter other ranged weapons high up along the battlements and wall walks - provided they survive the hot foots. If by chance, their allies are able to break down the castle door, there are conviently-surviving ancient ladders to scale down the cliff face for quick seige of the stronghold.

The castle is quiet now and only time - less than 24 hours - will tell what the outcome of this battle will be.

Old October 8th, 2006, 04:15 AM
Emeritus Admin

Well Jim showed up tonight! Him and I teamed up and took on Guerillanator and my neighbor. We lost both times attacking and defending. Tis sad. Sorry we couldn't pull a victory out for your California experience.
Anyway, I got to meet yet another 'Scaper in person, so that was the biggest highlight of the evening. Jim is a very cool dude!
Enjoy the rest of your stay in California!
Jim's cool dice by Josh N Papa:

Battle pics:

Old October 8th, 2006, 04:22 AM

Venom has disabled reputation
those custom dice are sweet!!! and i love the way Medusa was set. upon opening the door (if it ever was) the look on the opponents face right before they turned to stone must have been priceless

Old October 8th, 2006, 04:24 AM
Emeritus Admin

LOL. Venom, Sudema never was activated. Jim and I spent our whole battle trying to make it up to the castle. ONce there our Nakitas, G-nators, Microcorps Agents, Drones and Kravs were decimated.

I managed to get 1 Gorillanator in to the castle on the left hand side. Jim got two Microcorp Agents in as well, bu they were met with a hail of deadly arrows.
Old October 8th, 2006, 04:27 AM
Which Team Am I On?...

Tiberius has disabled reputation
Wow, those maps look incredible. I made a map last night with two castles facing each other with a tundra wasteland in between. I wish my finished product looked even anywhere near as nice.

Tiberius is Rogue...
aboard STARSHIP THETA...
Old October 8th, 2006, 04:31 AM
Emeritus Admin

Thanks Tiberius,

I was very happy with this layout. Even with all the glaciers, ruins, and trees, it's a very difficult job trying to seige the castle. Guerillanator and my neighbor had Syvarris and two sets of Roman Archers picking off all challengers. Even the Smoke Powder couldn't hold out forever.
Old October 8th, 2006, 04:32 AM

toddrew has disabled reputation
I check this thread on occasion, yet never pipe up: I like the above map as much as I do the others in here...which is a lot

I agree with Venom - that Sudema shot is telling, and the aesthetic value more than offsets the fact that she was never activated.

And you can see her
Before it cracks and goes out
She throws rocks at streetlights
Keeps the streetlight changer busy

Floundering Customs Thread
Old October 8th, 2006, 04:32 AM

Venom has disabled reputation
how many points did each team have?

Old October 8th, 2006, 04:33 AM
Which Team Am I On?...

Tiberius has disabled reputation
I had a similar strategy with DED. Once Dan was on the battlements, the smoke powder doesnt work against his Ullar enhanced rifle attack so it was easy pickens from there.

Tiberius is Rogue...
aboard STARSHIP THETA...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios