Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old January 30th, 2007, 10:41 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
morsbane targetting question

I used the search function & the answer to this question did not appear, though probably it's come up here before. *sigh* Flame away, if you must, Cavalier. In my defense I did correct someone's spelling here once, though I won't name names. Look on the custom units forum.

Anyway here's the language from the 'Rod of Negation'. The question is, can he target figures from unique squads. I will put in bold what I consider the key words:

. . . At the end of the turn, if you have at least 1 Negation Marker on this card, you may choose any opponent's unique figure . . . Roll the 20 sided die. . . If you roll a 16-19, place a Negation Marker on the cosen figure's Army Card. All of that figure's special powers are negated for the entire game. If you roll a 20, destroy the chosen figure.

The lawyer in me is fascinated. I think there is an interesting argument both ways. Clearly, if he can target figures from unique squads, he negates the entire squads' special abilities, though apparently on the 20 he destroys only the one targeted figure.

I think slightly more likely is the reading that "unique figure" means "unique non-squad figure," which would resolve the various ambiguities elsewhere in the text. It's just not what the card *says*.

Anyway what's the official Heroscapers answer, if there is one?

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old January 30th, 2007, 11:07 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Yes.
Old January 30th, 2007, 11:40 PM

wigglepuppy has disabled reputation
I'm pretty sure that Morsebane can negate unique squads. I for one think that over-reading the rules can lead to more confusion than understanding.

And, for the record, if the offical rules said he couldn't negate unique squads, I would make it my house rule that he could.

wigglepuppy is Kaemon Awa...
in The Marble Temple...
Old January 31st, 2007, 12:16 AM

ChaosChild has disabled reputation
To clarify netherspirit's answer:

Yes, Morsbane can target any unique fig (hero or squad) and yes, he negates the entire squad and yes, he destroys only the targeted figure.

Kumiko is not impressed with your sculpt, either.
Old January 31st, 2007, 12:23 AM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosChild
To clarify netherspirit's answer:

Yes, Morsbane can target any unique fig (hero or squad) and yes, he negates the entire squad and yes, he destroys only the targeted figure.
Thats what I said. :P
Old January 31st, 2007, 12:30 AM

ChaosChild has disabled reputation
To clarify Daddyscapers question instead:

Can Morsbane negate unique heroes and squads? Is the whole squad negated? Does he only destroy the targeted figure?

:P

Kumiko is not impressed with your sculpt, either.
Old January 31st, 2007, 12:39 AM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
To clarify the answer:

Morsbane negates cards (which costs a token) and destroys figures (which doesn't).

~Aldin, positive

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old January 31st, 2007, 08:31 AM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
To obfuscate the whole issue: Morsbane has the potential to do all of these things, but when you are playing with him in a game he actually does none of them (for me, at least). <grin>
Old January 31st, 2007, 10:41 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Thanks everyone. Particularly Nether, for mocking my 2 page question, which makes me feel warm and fuzzy.

It is a poorly worded card, thank you all for your help.

As it turns out, KidScaper rolled like RevDyer and the question was made moot by the special dice (his), the defense dice (his), and Syvarris' attack dice (mine).

= =
Old January 31st, 2007, 01:27 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
Sorry to hear that Kidscaper's dice mojo is a poor as mine.
Old January 31st, 2007, 01:39 PM

SilverBlade has disabled reputation
Morisbane

And to provide an anticdote to illustrate the obfuscation: He ain't never done squat for me! I'll give him another chance someday put I think he just requires too much finesse for my "run up and smash things" play style.

The Code:

Let the strong protect the weak.
Let the weak revere the strong.
In all things uphold honor, charity, and justice.
And may fear have no place in the hearts of men.
Old January 31st, 2007, 01:43 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer
Sorry to hear that Kidscaper's dice mojo is a poor as mine.
I have won one initiative roll all game, and we are up to round 9 or 10.

Normally the mojo shoe is on the *other* foot. Though if you throw some kind of blessing into your computer on his behalf, it can't hurt.

= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's