Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports
Battle Reports Reports of your Heroscape Battles

Old January 13th, 2007, 10:21 AM
Spider Poison's Nemesis

Nwojedi knows what's in an order marker Nwojedi knows what's in an order marker
New Capture the flag with bearers senerio

Thursday, We had a 3 person game. Wanted to come up with a new type of system, to make 3 people become fairly even. This was a 20 story high map, with multiple Road levels and bridges criss crossing over one another. This is what we came up with.

400 point armies for each person.

Each person was allocated a flagbearer based on what general they had a majority of, Flagbearers were FREE for points. So everyone got one, and you still got your 400 points of army. When the person carring the flag was killed. The flag was put back in the starting postion at the top of the tower.

Rules for the flagbearer

Basic rule side of the card was used
No special powers were used
one life
When a flagbearer was killed it was returned to the starting spot in each persons starting zone
Flagbearer is the only one that can pick up the flag
Flagbearers cannot be carried while holding the flag
FBer could not be mindshackled, nor taken over.

So, we put one Castle flag at the top of this zig zag road fortress. there were access points on all 4 sides of it. I'll try and remember the armies as well as i can.

Curt had

2 minions
guilty mccreech
Me-burq-sa
Shades

Steve had
Deathwalker 9k
2 x's zombies
Marro spider chic
(and some other stuff)

I had
3x's Rats
Thracus
the Eniar Kyrie guys (forgot the name)
and the chic that gives them the defense reroll

I thought it was going to be a quick game. My first 3 turns, i had thracus, carry my FB up to the flag. Everyone else was on foot. minions worked thier way up to thracus, and started giving him a beat down. My FB grabbed the flag and made it down the ladder. and was killed. so the flag went back to the top. nobody has moved thier FB at this time. DW9K made his way over to my starting zone and, blew up about 4 rats in a Fbomb. So I started moving them all over the place, making sure to keep one rat always stuck to DW9k. Which kept him at bay. Zombies got on the road and worked thier way over to Curts starting area. Wasn't hard for the zombies to pull off thier 6 dice special. Devouring, minions and mr.paralizingstare. So any losses, the zombies inquired, were immediately replaced back on the board. Curts army was eliminated fairly early, so he only had his FB and guilty left. So he did a fair amount of running around with him killing off zombies and various items. My rats killed off some of the zombies, but my Kyries did most of the ass kicking. Toward the end. I had 2 kyries, 1 rat, and my FB left. The other two guys only had the FB left. Figured it was going to be in the bag at that point.
I went for the quick win, and blocked off the main bridge with my remaining two kyrie. Ran up and grabbed the flag. The kyrie didn't last long with Orc FBer's 6 attack die. They were thinned out and I was killed once again (5th time). At this point i was being double teamed cuz I had so many characters left. With my FB back in my home base, and my one remaining rat at the bottom of the road hill. The other two guys made thier way to the Flag. Curt, smites steves FB, and goes for the grab. I put all my markers on my Rat. he can move fast and just as hard to kill as my FB. Curt had einar FB and I had Ullars. Curt jumps off the tower into the water way down below, since we were on the bridge waiting for him to come down. Orc has him blocked off down below from his starting zone. I make my way on the bridge so I can follow him on where he is. He slowly trudges through the water. Makes his way to a ladder, and gets back up on the bridge. Decides to run for it. I engage him with my rat, and he survives the 1 die attack. he breaks engagment and survives. he's 5 spaces away from the winning section. Steve cannot reach him in one turn. I have one turn left before curt goes again and wins. My rat just barely reaches him. I go for another nip. blocked again. Curts FBer only had 2 attack dice, so he goes for the leaving engament risk again. Once again pulls a safe getaway out of his ass, and wins the match.

Overall, we all enjoyed this play style. It was very evenly matched, and made it fair for all. Should give it a try.

I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.
Old January 13th, 2007, 11:43 AM
CoN Recruiting Officer, Top Masq Sleuth, & Teller of Fantastic Tales

scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
this sounds really interesting. I wonder how the FB's would fair with their master stats?

scorpiusx is a Rashomon of Tornak and DeMarco James...
in THE MYCELOID MANOR
Old January 13th, 2007, 11:46 AM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Sounds like an awesome scenario! Thanks for posting the idea and recap. Any possibility of posting a picture of the map?

Newb.
Old January 14th, 2007, 11:21 PM
Spider Poison's Nemesis

nah, we didn't take pictures. Wasn't even planning on talking about it. But it turned out to work really well

as far as using the FBers with thier normal cards. It wouldn't work. They were hard enough to kill with 1 life. Giving them full stats with regeneration abilities, would have made them too powerful. Then everyone would have went and killed off other peoples armies with just the fbers, since they could always come back. just too powerful. It was perfect the way we had it setup.

Old January 14th, 2007, 11:53 PM
CoN Recruiting Officer, Top Masq Sleuth, & Teller of Fantastic Tales

scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
i see your point, but what if you had it where if you lose your FB, you lose the game. no regeneration.

scorpiusx is a Rashomon of Tornak and DeMarco James...
in THE MYCELOID MANOR
Old January 15th, 2007, 03:37 PM
Spider Poison's Nemesis

That maybe a senerio we may try. But we didn't want anyone blasted out of the game for losing one figure. Then you have it where people are sitting around waiting for others to finish. And that's not fun. Much better when people have figures to play all the way till the end.

I was thinking. I might try a situation like that. But use a Unique squad, or 1 squad of commons. When a Figure is destroyed, he's put aside until all 3 or 4 figures are killed. When the last one of thier "special" squad is killed, they bring the entire squad back on the board in the starting zone at the beginning of the next round. This would give people the ability to hand off the flag to multiples, during the return. And give you more than one figure to use to pick up the flag. Also, used in a situation where someone doesn't have FBers.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports