Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old November 20th, 2019, 01:58 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun
Cracked Terrain

Was taking apart a map I build over the weekend last night and two of my 24 hex very old terrain was having major issues and just cracked right apart in some places. One drastically cracked along three areas taking chunks out of the interlocking side and cracking across hexes. I know there are other threads out there about this issue, just wanted to whine since this was my first time it happened. Old 24 hex grass tiles so probably the oldest I own. I superglued them for now, if it gets any worse I'll have to use them for customizing.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old November 20th, 2019, 03:16 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!
Re: Cracked Terrain

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbdaman View Post
Was taking apart a map I build over the weekend last night and two of my 24 hex very old terrain was having major issues and just cracked right apart in some places. One drastically cracked along three areas taking chunks out of the interlocking side and cracking across hexes. I know there are other threads out there about this issue, just wanted to whine since this was my first time it happened. Old 24 hex grass tiles so probably the oldest I own. I superglued them for now, if it gets any worse I'll have to use them for customizing.
Yes, it's happened to me. I try not to put the 24 hexes next to each other.
Old November 20th, 2019, 03:56 PM

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

Something to keep in mind for the future.

Old November 20th, 2019, 07:48 PM

Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Let me know if you need them replaced, I've got tons of 24hex grass and rock.
Old November 21st, 2019, 04:11 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses View Post
Quote:
That's very kind of you, Ulysses.

I've had a bunch of 1, 2, and 3 hex pieces crack similarly. So far, my 24 hexers are safe. Glue has held, where I've used it, though I do try to avoid using those pieces when I can.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old November 21st, 2019, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses View Post
Quote:
Very kind of you to offer. I have a lot more, I was just surprised it so drastically broke.

Old November 21st, 2019, 07:15 PM

Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
I've had a bunch of 1, 2, and 3 hex pieces crack similarly. So far, my 24 hexers are safe. Glue has held, where I've used it, though I do try to avoid using those pieces when I can.
Quote:

Very kind of you to offer. I have a lot more, I was just surprised it so drastically broke.
I have my 'pile of shame' in the basement where the mangled terrain of yore has gone to rest until I get desperate enough to glue some. It's honestly a relief when it's just grass or rock that cracks, BftU terrain cracking is what really makes me upset haha.
Old November 21st, 2019, 07:21 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Aww. I glue them when they break. That's the easiest time, for me, because that way I can put them back in the right box while the boxes are still out.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old November 30th, 2019, 05:55 PM

Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I've discovered this issue lately. I lost a huge chuck of my collection in a house fire last year, but, luckily, a relative of mine happened to find his old collection in storage and wanted to get rid of it, so he gave it to me. I finally busted it out this afternoon, and after about 5 minutes of map building, my hand busted through three water tiles. All three tiles that broke appeared to be older and slightly discolored.

Out of curiosity, I ran out to my garage where the sad remains of my old collection remain in an ash covered box. That box, containing mostly extra basic terrain, somehow came out of my house fire unscathed. I pulled out a few water tiles, and again I had one break apart quickly. It was discolored like the other 3 I'd broken earlier. The other water tiles I pulled out looked "newer" and didn't break on me at all.

However, throughout the rest of my map-building, I didn't have a problem. It appears that the older sets have been breaking on me more so than the newer sets.

I encompass, and I eclipse.
Helm's Deep
My Maps
Embracing the Fun
Old January 6th, 2020, 09:57 AM

twilkerson wears ripped pants of awesomeness twilkerson wears ripped pants of awesomeness twilkerson wears ripped pants of awesomeness twilkerson wears ripped pants of awesomeness twilkerson wears ripped pants of awesomeness twilkerson wears ripped pants of awesomeness twilkerson wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I just posted a new thread. The plastic in my RoTV sets have become extremely brittle. It's breaking my heart. I'm currently searching for alternative terrain methods. Right now I'm printing free online d&d square grid maps at 1.25 inches. It's awkward, but it saves my expensive terrain.
Old January 6th, 2020, 10:11 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

The maps from Magic AotP are great for a base layer.
I suggest a 3D printer. They are quite affordable now especially if you wait for a sale.
We have a growing 3D community with White Knight leading the charge.
Old January 6th, 2020, 10:30 AM

Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness

heat, smoky houses and sun all can make things brittle. When you buy stuff from others, ask about storage and treatment. I got a set from a smoky house when I first started collecting and quickly learned how brittle some pieces can be. Discolored water is an easy indicator that things were stored poorly.

What GenCon taught me was to assume only one skull on three dice!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion