Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs
AotV Customs A place for Arena of the Valkyrie Customs

Old May 13th, 2019, 10:43 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
[Pod 0] Glyph of Recall - Testing

The Book of "Glyph of Recall"

Arena of the Valkyrie Master Set

Printer-Friendly PDF

NAME
Glyph of Recall

Temporary Glyph
Figures may only stop on this Glyph if there are any previously destroyed Squad figures. When one of your figures stops here, you must choose a previously destroyed Squad figure and place it adjacent to your figure. This glyph cannot be placed symbol-side up in any scenario you may create.

The glyph used for this glyph is the Glyph of Recall from Arena of the Planeswalkers.

Character Bio:
Spoiler Alert!

-Rulings and Clarifications-
TBA

-Combinations and Synergies-

Synergy Benefits Received
TBA

Synergy Benefits Offered
TBA

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
TBA

>Playtesting Information
Easy to Use Form for Testing (credit: C3V):
https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...00&postcount=2
Suggested units for testing:
https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...4&postcount=28

Playtesting:
Test 1
Test 2
Test 3

Test 4
Test 5

Test 6
Test 7
Test 8
Tests 9 & 10

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.

Last edited by flameslayer93; October 10th, 2020 at 11:04 AM. Reason: Playtesting
Old May 13th, 2019, 12:55 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: [AotV] UNIT NAME (Glyph of Recall) - Pod 0 - Design

For the sake of getting a fuller vision of the set, here is a list of the other glyphs that we'll be using, provided by @flameslayer93 :
  • Move +2
  • Attack +1
  • Defense +1
  • Healing

These are all very straightforward to transfer to normal HeroScape rules, so they aren't a part of our design process right now, but I think that they're still pertinent to the discussion around creating glyphs.

Something worth noting for Recall is that the symbol seems to be evoking a grave. There's certainly some room to interpret this symbol as other things, but it's worth keeping in mind.
Old May 13th, 2019, 04:19 PM

All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Could be the squad equivalent of Kelda. When you land on Recall, you may choose a previously destroyed Squad figure you control and place it adjacent to the figure that landed on the glyph.
Old May 13th, 2019, 08:13 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

I like a squad version of that, yes.
Old May 13th, 2019, 08:23 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

I'm also fond of reviving a squad figure. I'd be a little concerned about reviving some of the Unique Squad figures like the Marro Warriors, but that could be playtested to be sure.
Old May 14th, 2019, 12:55 AM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

If it’s a one-time deal, or has limited charges, I don’t see a problem.
Old May 14th, 2019, 10:40 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Re: [Pod 0] UNIT NAME (Glyph of Recall) - Pod 0 - Design

Reviving a Squad figure would be unique. Making it a Temporary Glyph keeps it in check, too. As long as we're not overdoing the resurrection theme* (big picture), I like it.

Spoiler Alert!

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old May 14th, 2019, 11:41 AM

I'm fine with a temporary glyph to revive one squad figure. It's pretty bad for some armies and stronger for others, but so is Kelda.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
Reviving a Squad figure would be unique. Making it a Temporary Glyph keeps it in check, too. As long as we're not overdoing the resurrection theme* (big picture), I like it.

Spoiler Alert!
Guess it's time to go back to the revival powers for all of the squad designs.
Old May 14th, 2019, 02:11 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Imo, if we are willing to fully heal 200+ point units we can handle bringing back a felled squaddie (assuming this is a limited power lol).

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old May 15th, 2019, 09:37 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

I had liked a previous suggestion of "recalling" a figure to a space, but the tombstone image doesn't really jive with that.

Having one temporary glyph sounds great and sounds like a consensus maybe so far? Are we ready to put something in the OP? We can focus discussion on that, then move forward with a vote.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old May 15th, 2019, 09:39 AM
I could go

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
I had liked a previous suggestion of "recalling" a figure to a space, but the tombstone image doesn't really jive with that.

Having one temporary glyph sounds great and sounds like a consensus maybe so far? Are we ready to put something in the OP? We can focus discussion on that, then move forward with a vote.
Well we do have Kelda 2.0, so we technically have 2 temp glyphs.

But yeah, I’ll be happy to toss the concensus of both glyphs into their OP’s.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA

Last edited by flameslayer93; May 15th, 2019 at 09:41 AM. Reason: 4 Permanent Glyphs and 2 Temp Glyphs feels good to me
Old May 15th, 2019, 10:09 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

My stab at official sounding wording:
"When figure you control lands on this Glyph, choose any squad with at least one figure destroyed (yours, a teammate's or an opponent's) and place a destroyed figure on the space with the Glyph of Recall."

Again, maybe the parenthesis should be removed and instead "choose any squad..." should be changed to "choose any squad you control..." but I like it is definitely possible for team games and for some reason an opponent - I can't really think of a reason why other than adding insult to injury, or a deterrent for if you do not have a squad figure destroyed but your opponent does (unless we want to add "you may" before "choose...") Also does there need to be contingencies in wording for when no squad figure is destroyed (Kelda does)?

Glyph best with Calvary and Kyrie squads and they need more help so I like it.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs