Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape
Heroes of Star Wars Scape The place for all your Star Wars customs needs.

Old May 2nd, 2015, 12:48 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth
The Holocron of Yoda

The Holocron of Yoda
(The Empire Strikes Back)

Small Expansion 3: Force Users

figure card:

Alternate figure:

The figure used for this unit is a Star Wars figure from the Jedi Academy set. Its model number and name are 14/Grand Master Yoda.

Alternate figure:
The figure used for this unit is a Star Wars figure from the Champions of the Force set. Its model number and name are 45/Yoda of Dagobah.

Character Bio - Yoda was one of the most renowned and powerful Jedi Masters in galactic history. Standing at about 66 cm tall, he was a male member of a mysterious species. The Jedi Master was among the few Jedi to survive Emperor Palpatine's Jedi Purge, after which he went into exile on the swamp planet of Dagobah. Years later, the exiled Jedi Master was responsible for the instruction of the young Jedi Luke Skywalker.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
• Force Push
Once per turn, before or after moving or attacking, you may choose a small or medium object or opponents figure within 2 clear sight spaces to Force Push. Choose up to 2 empty same level or lower spaces in a straight line from the chosen object or figure and move that object or figure onto either of the chosen spaces. Figures affected by Force Push may not be moved closer to this figure. Figures moved by Force Push never take any leaving engagement attacks but will receive any falling damage that may apply. Figures with a Force Leap or Force Push symbol may not be moved onto a molten lava space.

-Combinations and Synergies-

Synergy Benefits Received:
Classic:
• N/A

HoSS:
• N/A

C3V, SoV & Marvel:
• N/A

Synergy Benefits Offered:
Classic:
• N/A

HoSS:
• N/A

C3V, SoV & Marvel:
• N/A

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
• TBA
-Power Rankings-
• TBA
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-
• First playtest: (Insert name here)
• Second playtest: (Insert name here)
• Third playtest: (Insert name here)
• Art by: mac122

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031

Last edited by mac122; February 10th, 2018 at 02:33 AM. Reason: Added bio
Old May 2nd, 2015, 12:48 PM

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth
Re: The Holocron of Yoda

Yoda
Rebel Alliance

Unknown
Unique Hero
Jedi Master
Wise
Small 3

Life 4
Move 3
Range 1
Attack 4
Defense 4
Points 100

GO WITH YOU I WILL
After moving a medium or large Hero you control, if that figure was adjacent to Yoda at the start of its move and ended its movement unengaged, you may place Yoda on any empty space adjacent to that figure. If Yoda was engaged before using Go With You I Will, he will take any leaving engagement attacks.

MASTERY OF THE FORCE
You may only use Mastery of the Force if Yoda is unengaged at the beginning of his turn. Instead of using Force Push, you may choose up to three small or medium figures or objects or one large or huge figure or object within 4 clear sight spaces of Yoda and place each of those figures or objects on any space within 3 spaces of its current location and no more than 15 levels above or below its base. Figures and objects moved by Mastery of the Force never take leaving engagement attacks and may not be placed onto a molten lava space.

FORCE PUSH SYMBOL

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Old May 4th, 2015, 02:28 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Yoda Backpack special power is possibly the cutest Heroscape ability I've ever seen.

Dude can absolutely control the battlefield if you let him, but man, slow AND fragile. He'll be tough to manage for sure.
Old May 4th, 2015, 02:55 AM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Molten Years a Slave

Is Force Push being updated for similar language to Mastery of the Force?

~Dysole, noting that it's awful cheap to shove a Drake or Solo into lava with Force Push
Old May 4th, 2015, 03:15 AM
Never Forgets

laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby!

Except you can't do that

life's short, why not make an impact on the world? make some peoples lives better, have a few good laughs, and then when it's all over go out with BANG!
Old May 4th, 2015, 04:13 AM

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Yo Yo Yo Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by laughing matter View Post
Except you can't do that
Yoda can't but Vader can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vader's Holocron
• Force Push
Once per turn, before or after moving or attacking, you may choose a small or medium object or opponents figure within 2 clear sight spaces to Force Push. Choose up to 2 empty same level or lower spaces in a straight line from the chosen object or figure and move that object or figure onto either of the chosen spaces. Figures affected by Force Push may not be moved closer to this figure. Figures moved by Force Push never take any leaving engagement attacks but will receive any falling damage that may apply. Figures with a Force Leap or Force Push symbol may not be moved onto a molten lava space.
~Dysole, noting that free figure movement is super amazing
Old May 4th, 2015, 05:53 AM

Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Yo Yo Yo Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by laughing matter View Post
Except you can't do that
Yoda can't with Force Mastery special attack but Vader and Yoda can with Force Push.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vader's Holocron
• Force Push
~Dysole, noting that free figure movement is super amazing
See bold

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old May 4th, 2015, 08:37 AM

NOOOOOO!!!!! Not the molten lava can of worms again!!!!
There was a considerable (understatement) discussion, back in the day, concerning the ability of figures with Force Push to send strong Unique Heroes to their doom. In the end, Force Push allows it. On lava maps, small and medium non-Force users have to be careful to stay at least 3 spaces away from molten lava when a Force Push-er is on the battlefield.

So, any figure with the Force Push special power can send one poorly placed small or medium figure into molten lava, unless they have Force Push or Force Leap. Since it allows moving multiple figures or a large or huge figure, we disallowed the lava bath in Mastery of the Force to keep the power balanced.

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Old May 4th, 2015, 08:45 AM
HoSSpitable little wookiee (apparently "wookiee" has 2 E's, who knew?)

heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun

With Force Push, we only made the Force Users resistant to being thrown into lava because you don't see Obi-Wan or Anakin try to push each other into lava in their battle on Mustafar. With just regular heroes, we decided that they could be thrown into lava, but people will play them smarter and not move them close to lava.

Here's where we stood with our descended powers of Force Push:

With Force Throw (Darth Vader (II)), we knew it was an aggressive power, and it also only affects common squad figures and DOs so we allowed it to throw those figures/DOs into lava.

With Mastery of the Force (Yoda), it's more of a passive power (and Yoda even says "never for attack") and it allows for Force Users to be moved so we added the lava restriction.

My Maps
Tournament Record: 28-28: .500!
Old May 4th, 2015, 10:24 AM

I'll Leave It At This

In C3G figure movers + lava is so powerful lava maps were not used in online tournaments and lava rules were rewritten. Those figure movers often had four range and a dice roll of 9+. It is still very powerful. That is all.

~Dysole, who will note that from a theme standpoint it's weird Yoda can lava dunk Han or Chewie but not an AT-ST.
Old May 4th, 2015, 10:35 AM

Re: I'll Leave It At This

Quote:
In C3G figure movers + lava is so powerful lava maps were not used in online tournaments and lava rules were rewritten. Those figure movers often had four range and a dice roll of 9+. It is still very powerful. That is all.

~Dysole, who will note that from a theme standpoint it's weird Yoda can lava dunk Han or Chewie but not an AT-ST.
Not disagreeing with you.
~mac, still bearing the emotional scars from the "discussion" over Force Push.

Edit: I imagine there will be few if any maps with molten lava included in HoSS tournaments, without special rules.

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Old May 4th, 2015, 10:51 AM
HoSSpitable little wookiee (apparently "wookiee" has 2 E's, who knew?)

heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: I'll Leave It At This

Quote:

C3G also has Heroes that are 250+ points and that's normal.

I disagree that it's weird thematically that Yoda can dunk Han and Chewie but not an AT-ST. Yoda would have to push Han/Chewie to being able to dunk them and since Push is more aggressive but in turn can move only smaller figures than Force Lift (which is essentially what MotF is), I think it's fine that he can dunk Han and Chewie (note that Han and Chewie would have to be opposing figures since Push can only move opponents figures). However, with MotF, like I said before, it's a passive power and takes more concentration to use so it can move larger figures (as we see when Yoda uses it to lift the X-Wing out of the swamp on Dagobah). Therefore, Yoda wouldn't use it to dunk an AT-ST, but he would use to it lift it out of the swamp or over a castle wall.

I feel very confident none of our force users are overpowered in the sense of molten lava dunking (as Force Push is very counterable by regular Heroes and any other time, only common figures can be dunked, if that).

As for online tournaments, until proven otherwise, lava maps will make appearances (granted it will be like 1 and at most 2 of the 8 or so maps, but that's just like every other type of map).

My Maps
Tournament Record: 28-28: .500!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape