Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old December 26th, 2006, 11:30 PM

dragonfire has disabled reputation
tagawaga samurai archers

who here is slightly disapointed with them. I am. They are a cool idea but they have unoriginal abilities. Im glad they have counterstrike but a new archer ability woulld be cool. They also have relations with the tag. sam, no blood lust.

My Signature
Old December 26th, 2006, 11:50 PM

tchop is surprisingly tart
I don't really care for them but I do like any addition of a cheap or semi cheap unit for my friends to let me kill. I will admit for 5 more points I will always draft the frenzy archers or bostonians. The frenzy archers have 1 more range which actually can make quite a difference and the bostonians are just plain solid. 3 defense counterstrike is almost pointless. If I have 65 points left I will most assuredly draft Johnny Shotgun.
Old December 26th, 2006, 11:56 PM
has been BANNED

K/H_Addict costs too much!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tchop
I don't really care for them but I do like any addition of a cheap or semi cheap unit for my friends to let me kill. I will admit for 5 more points I will always draft the frenzy archers or bostonians. The frenzy archers have 1 more range which actually can make quite a difference and the bostonians are just plain solid. 3 defense counterstrike is almost pointless. If I have 65 points left I will most assuredly draft Johnny Shotgun.

You'd rather spend 65 points on 1 crap figure over 3? i'd much rather have the Tagwa Archers. Back them with Raelin and they have 5 defense/counterstrike and range. Keep them with HT and he'll help out their counterstrike a lot. I'd much rather the Archers over all other archer squads...
Old December 27th, 2006, 12:06 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
65 points left? I'd draft the Roman Archers. Havn't tried to TSA yet, but man, the Romans rock!
Old December 27th, 2006, 12:12 AM
has been BANNED

K/H_Addict costs too much!
The Roman Archers suck horribly unless you have at least 2 sets in your army. They're only good for their special, which can be eliminate so quick with only one set
Old December 27th, 2006, 03:48 AM
Master Custom Creator

justjohn knows what's in an order marker justjohn knows what's in an order marker
I'm pro TSA.

At first I was really dissapointed. Not so much with the stats, but with the lack of a Samurai Movement Bonding SA. But then I got to thinking, and anything common with counterstrike is pretty good in my book, the range is just gravy to me. too low? They're with Raelin, and cheap enough to draft several squads of with her, and still have some flexibility with the rest of your army choice. 3 squads of these guys + Raelin for 275 points sounds/looks really good to me. Toss in the Tagawa or Awa and you've got a pretty solid army.

For the record... Johnny and James are 2 of my favorite figs in the game. 65/75 points for blasting goodness or range of 7 with 5 life a pop is great.

smallboxgames.com
Old December 28th, 2006, 05:20 AM

T-bomb has disabled reputation
When my friends get back in town I want to have a tagawa samurai archer vs aubrien archers battle. I might allow the aubrien team to have the frenzy boost from the venoc warlord and let the tagawa have the flagbearer...we'll see.
Old December 31st, 2006, 01:44 AM

I just realized how extra crappy the tagawa archers are. Can somebody please explain to me how counterstrike is worth one less move, one less figure and water clone? I always knew that the marro warriors were a bargain but damn. Maybe being samurai or disciplined adds 15 freakin points.
Old December 31st, 2006, 01:46 AM

thehandofzarquon is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by tchop
I just realized how extra crappy the tagawa archers are. Can somebody please explain to me how counterstrike is worth one less move, one less figure and water clone? I always knew that the marro warriors were a bargain but darn. Maybe being samurai or disciplined adds 15 freakin points.
The Marro are a unique squad, so you really can't compare them to the Tagawa Archers too much.

Glory to the Many.
Old December 31st, 2006, 01:49 AM

I guess you got me there. Either way, counterstrike ain't so hot with 3 def and it still seems pretty steep for their crappy stats.
Old December 31st, 2006, 02:07 AM
has been BANNED

Stealth Dodge is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
The marros stink I don't get why so many people like them. Yes 4 activations for 50 points is nice but 6 range and 2 attack is among the worst combination for any ranged unit and if you attempt to clone you are doing nothing while your opponent is advancing/attacking. That's not mentioning that cloning fails alot. Even in water it fails 50%
Old December 31st, 2006, 02:16 AM

I think cause it's the only second, third, etc.., chance you can get with a unit besides the newly acquainted zombies. I ultra hate them and have only drafted them twice in several hundred games (once was that team generator). I usually have such a drive to defeat them because of the "leave one at the base" tactic that often stales up the game. Not kidding, on a longer map, I've had to kill the equivalent of 4 squads of them in one f'n game. Sure, some lucky die rolls occured but it still sucked. Their six move is actually quite an asset.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Units