Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old December 17th, 2006, 06:38 PM

Caamora has disabled reputation
Ninja of the northern wind

Sorry if this is a repost.. just started playing and cant find a clarification. When the ninjas are hit with 1 skull the rule says they must roll a d20 and if 1-11 they defend normally.. and if they roll 12 or higher they take no wounds and may move up to 4 spaces. Are they forced to move if adjacent to the unit that hit them or can they stay there since they recieved no wounds anyway? I think I am answering my own question as i type this but curious on input anyway.
Old December 17th, 2006, 06:41 PM
Twenty Questioner

TheMainMan knows what's in an order marker TheMainMan knows what's in an order marker
You got it buddy, they must move so they are not adjacent to anyone.

To be the man, you have to beat the man!
Old December 17th, 2006, 07:22 PM

ChaosChild has disabled reputation
Taking your example, a ninja is defending against 1 skull. You may choose not to roll and defend normally. If you do roll a 1-11, roll defense normally. If you roll 12 or higher, you must move to a space where the ninja is not adjacent to an opposing figure to not take any wounds. If the ninja cannot move to such a space, then the ninja cannot move and rolls defense normally.

Kumiko is not impressed with your sculpt, either.
Old December 18th, 2006, 01:36 PM

umuhiforgot has disabled reputation
Does the ninja take disengagement rolling damage?

GAME ON!!! I am open for in-play tips!!
Old December 18th, 2006, 01:39 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by umuhiforgot
Does the ninja take disengagement rolling damage?
They have disengage, so no.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old December 20th, 2006, 09:10 AM

AKflip has disabled reputation
Now here's a question: If your ninjas are in contact with a gladiatron or major x17, can the ninjas still roll dice to not take damage, but not actually move. Because the card states that they "may" move. But then it does say they can only disappear if they are no longer engaged after move. So what do you think?
Old December 20th, 2006, 09:19 AM
Master Custom Creator

Euryon is surprisingly tart
Whilst the wording may leave some room for dispute, I am certain the cyberclaw would overwrite the ninja's stealth move. I know ghost walk and disengage are neutralised by it, so I dont see why anything else would bypass it. Though I suppose it wouldnt hurt to ticket Hasbro with it, not that theyre answering much anymore.

On my command, fix bayonets.
Old December 20th, 2006, 09:21 AM

true but can you still ignore the wounds? Thats my real question.
Old December 20th, 2006, 11:38 AM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
From the Cyberclaw:

Quote:
Figures affected by the Cyberclaw cannot be moved by any special power on an Army Card or Glyph.
So no, until a power specifically states it can break Cyberclaw, Cyberclaw breaks ALL special movement powers.

From Disappearing Ninjas:

Quote:
Ninjas of the Northern Wind can disappear only if they end their disappearing move not adjacent to any enemy figures.
If you can't move so you're not engaged, you can't disappear. If you're Cyberclawed you can't move away, so you can't use disappear, so you can't ignore the wounds.
Old December 21st, 2006, 05:59 AM

dang so i let my buddy get away with that, oh well. Thanks all.
Old December 21st, 2006, 11:01 AM
Snot Yo Mama

Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Disappearing Ninja: If a Ninja of the Northern Wind is attacked with a normal attack and at least 1 skull is rolled, roll the 20-sided die to disappear. If you roll 1-11, roll defense dice normally. If you roll a 12 or higher, that Ninja of the Northern Wind takes no damage and instead may move up to 4 spaces. Ninjas of the Northern Wind can disappear only if they end their disappearing move not adjacent to any enemy figures.
I have to respectfully disagree with the going consensus on this thread.

The phrase "may move" after taking no damage clearly implies that moving after successfully taking no damage is a choice. You can choose to not move and still take no damage.

Also, the part about ending their disappearing move not adjacent to an enemy figure refers to their "disappearing MOVE". If they choose to not use the movement option, then the adjacency rule doesn't apply. The last sentence only clarifies a rule for the ninjas who choose to move after disappearing.

Besides, the special power is called Disappearing Ninja, not Disappearing Move... If the special power was called "disappearing move", then one could argue that the last line requires movement. But as it is, it does not.

So feel free to successfully roll the dispearing ninja power and not utilize the movement option, but still take no damage.

SW8K

Edit: Regarding cyberclawed ninjas: A cyberclawed ninja can still roll to take no damage, but would NOT be able to utilize the disappearing movement option. But the ninja CAN successfully roll to take no damage.

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Old December 21st, 2006, 11:16 AM

toddrew has disabled reputation
Complex abilities lead to ambiguous text. I believe the spirit of the ability is that in order to disappear (and thus take no damage without rolling defense), the figure must be able to move to a space that is not adjacent to an enemy figure (I do think that move can be 0, as long as the condition of non-adjacency is satisfied). I believe the intention of "may" is that the movement can be 0, 1, 2, or 3 as well as 4; not that the movement is optional and not related to avoiding damage (this interpretation is disputed by the "instead") - but wonkier rulings have been rendered

And you can see her
Before it cracks and goes out
She throws rocks at streetlights
Keeps the streetlight changer busy

Floundering Customs Thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's