Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Old April 19th, 2013, 10:58 AM

chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun
GameOfThronesScape

I've been thinking about running a scenario of "GameofThronesScape." The idea would be to create a scenario which would cast Classic/VC characters as the major GOT folk, with relevant squads to back them up, during the Final Conflict in "Book 7" (not yet written). The backstory is that Danaerys T. and her Dragons come back to Westeros, and ally with what's left of the human forces after the civil wars have continued to rage. Their finally recognized enemy would be the White Walkers/Zombies from north of the wall, who have defeated the Black Crows, due to the lack of traditional support from the kingdoms in the south. The evil ones are now spilling over The Wall south into what used to be Stark territory! Remember that in the north, its even more snowy and icy than usual, as Winter Is Coming!

So I'm thinking Raelin (ROTV) and three dragons for DT. All the Undead characters will be fun to list and consider for the Bad Guys/White Walkers. Medieval types for the humans. Any other suggestions or ideas? I'll add more here as I flesh the game out.

Last edited by chas; May 1st, 2013 at 06:21 AM.
Old April 19th, 2013, 11:58 AM
Online HS Season 11, 13 & 14 Champion

kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death!
Re: GameOfThronesScape

Anguy as Brandis Skyhunter
Oberyn Martell as Venoc Warlord (chuckle)
Melisandre as Johrdawn
Barristan Selmy as Concan
Tyrion as Darrak Ambershard or Eldgrim
Others as Deathknights
Brienne as Krug the Beauty (chuckle)
Old April 19th, 2013, 12:59 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Well met!

Good guys - Knights and Templars. Gladiators representing the Unsullied. Siege (
Jorah Mormont). Ana Karatheon (Daenerys Targaryen). Nilfeim, Braxas, and Charos (or Quahon). Cathar Spearmen/Count Raymond (Barristan Selmy).

Sharwin Wildborn? Eltahale? Evar Scarcarver? Tarn?

Bad guys - Deathchasers and their bonded heroes. Utgar large/huge units - Frost Giant, Shurrak, Feral Troll, etc. Shades and Zombies. Dreadguls/Jotun. Nhah Scirh Cultists. Racheim. Mezzos? Dzu-Teh? Obsidian Guards? Mindflayers? Wolves of Badru, Werewolf Lord.? Spiders/Wyverns? Granite Guardians? Quasatch Hunters? Sudema? Vampires? Cxurg'gyath? Skeletons?

To try and create a unique ambience for GoTs 'Scape, other than the Deathchasers above (with Ogre Warhulks/Pulverizers), no other Tolkein-type units. No Elves. No Goblins. No Dwarves. No Brutes. No Asians (Samurai, Ninjas). No Marro. No Kyrie, and sub in [Ana Karatheon][Sharwin] for Raelin. The units with ? above could also be left out.

I envision the map being just south of the Wall, some Castle courtyard aeras, lots of Ice and Snow, some Lava, and lots of Trees. Very little in the way of range in the game.

Next Generation

Old April 19th, 2013, 03:00 PM

chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun

Thanks for the feedback! I just checked, and DTs 3 Dragons are in fact Black (Braxas), Red (Mimring/Moltenclaw) and Green (Charos); at least on the DVDs. I think they all are flame dragons though, so I could relax the colors and go with, say, Mimring, Moltenclaw, and Mr. Majestic Fire for the powers. What do you think?

Last edited by chas; April 20th, 2013 at 07:59 AM.
Old April 20th, 2013, 01:42 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Arya Stark = Mika Connour
Old April 28th, 2013, 08:48 AM

GOT UPDATE

Thanks for the great suggestions, many of which I'll be using! By coincidence, I've just built a map (24 x 22 hexes) for a Super Scape game THOR IN JOTUNHEIM which will be perfect for GOT, as it has a row of 24 hex tiles of snow and ice, a middle of rock and volcanic terrain, and a Good Guy side of green with lots of trees. Its almost exactly as Kolakoski predicted above (except for the castle). As the interdimensional border between Giantland and Asgard in the Thor game (see Chas Does Supers Battles in Battle Reports) it will be perfect for the Undead Host coming down from the Great Wall in the North in GOT! And the new VC dragon custom Brimstone (Valkrill) gave me the idea of using younger dragons, which works better point/balance wise, and is more faithful to the books.

Here are some draft armies for the game, with the idea of keeping them small enough for a 4 player game which can be played more than once a session:

GOOD ARMY 1: THE MOTHER OF DRAGONS

Ana Karithon 100 (Daenerys Targaryen)
Mimring 150
Brimstone 150
Othkurik 140
Siege 120 (Jorah Mormont)
Eldgrim 30 (Tyrion Lannister)
Warforged Soldiers(3) 80 x2 = 160 (The Unsullied)
TOTAL 850

GOOD ARMY 2: WESTEROS

Count Raymond 90 (Stannis Baratheon)
Sir Denrick 100 (Jamie Lannister)
Jordawn 100 (Melisandre)
Evar Scarcarver 110 (John Snow)
Eltahale 140 (Brienne of Tarth)
Isamu 10 (Face Shifter)
Knights of Weston(3) 70 x2=140 (Knights of Westeros)
Cathar Spearmen(4) 75 x2=150 (Baratheon Army)
TOTAL: 840

EVIL ARMY 1: LORD OF THE UNDEAD

Cyprien Esenwein 150 (White Walker)
Marcu Esenwein 20 (Old Insane Undead)
Zombies of Morinden(3) 60 x4=240 (Westeros Undead)
Zombie Hulk 60 x3= 180 (Giant Undead)
Phantom Knights 70 x2 = 140 (Old Magicked Undead)
Death Knights of Valkrill 60 x2 =120 (Old Wizard Undead)
TOTAL: 850

EVIL ARMY 2: THE BLACK UNDEAD

Pelloth 100 (Old Black Crow Commander Undead)
Deepwyrm Drow(3) 70 x4 = 280 (Black Crow Undead)
Shades of Bleakwood(3) 100 x2 = 200 (Old Spirit Undead)
Ogre Warhulk 150 (Giant Chieftan Undead)
Ogre Pulveriser 100 (Giant Shaman Undead)
Death Chasers of Thesk(3) 55 x2 = 110 (Wildling Undead)
TOTAL: 840

Army Notes:
1. The first parenthesized number is the number of figures in the squad.
2. "Old" refers to ancient Westeros people who lived in an age far before the Martin books published so far.
3. Regarding Kolaloski's comment on range, I had planned to include some Aubrien Archers in the Good forces, but wanted to try out the new Cathar Spearmen. I'd put the archers another game, where there was room for them.

(Edit: Kolakoski has suggested changes to the armies which to a degree have been made). The figure I really wanted to put in but didn't fit as suggested above was Mikka Connor as Arya Stark ; I'll be keeping her in mind for next time!

Last edited by chas; May 1st, 2013 at 06:16 AM.
Old April 29th, 2013, 10:02 AM

List Of Other Units For GameOfThronesScape
Not Used In The First Four Armies

Good

Charos 210
Braxas 210
Quahon 190
Nilfheim 185
Zelrig 185
Moltenclaw 170

Martial Lahire 70
Arashira Goshari 200

Spartacus 200
Priscus 100
Crixius 90
Retarius 90
Capuan Gladiators 70

Sir Dupuis 100
Templar Cavalry 120
Sir Gilbert 105
Sir Hawthorne 90

Valguard 110
Finn 80
Thorgrim 80
Dreadgul Raiders 65
Tarn Viking Warriors

Alaister MacDirk 110
MacDirk Warriors 80
Aurbrien Archers 70

Mikka Connor 110
Tandros Creel 120
Brandis Skyhunter 90

Evil

Nicholas Esenwein 140
Preyblood Thrall 30
Deathstrike Thrall 30
Tomb Skeletons 40

Sonya Esenwein 145
Iskra Esenwein 50
Rechts of Bogdan 50

Estivera 80
Drow Chain Fighter 25

Skeletons of Annilinta 105

Sudema 140

Last edited by chas; May 1st, 2013 at 06:17 AM.
Old April 29th, 2013, 02:46 PM

kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Well met!

Suggested variations:

Allow Horde Scream to affect all Undead, not just Savage Undead. Gives Evil Army 2 much needed Order Marker efficiency.

Give Daenerys bonding with her Dragons, with provisions for the Dragons being affected by Daenerys' death and/or being out of sight of Daenerys. Examples:

Before taking a turn with Daenerys, you may first take a turn with any Dragon you control [within [8] clear sight spaces].

If you control Daenerys and she is destroyed, each Dragon you control [takes [2] Wounds][goes Rogue - each Dragon attacks all units within range, beginning with the nearest and working outwards, then is removed from the map].

If a Dragon ends its turn out of clear LoS of Daenerys, it goes Rogue on a roll of [1-2] on a 20-sided die.

Next Generation

Old April 30th, 2013, 06:05 AM

I just want to mention here that Taeblewalker has suggested in our private emailing that the Zombie Hulk bonding apply also to the Death Knights and Marcu (the other Undead in their own army).

Kolakoski: I think it would unbalance the game to be so radical with the dragons, although I do appreciate that the one suggesting it is the guy who will play them (we think right now). Perhaps giving them a lesser penalty if DT is defeated would work better. Any ideas?

Last edited by chas; April 30th, 2013 at 06:18 AM.
Old April 30th, 2013, 11:14 AM

Well met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
I just want to mention here that Taeblewalker has suggested in our private emailing that the Zombie Hulk bonding apply also to the Death Knights and Marcu (the other Undead in their own army).

Kolakoski: I think it would unbalance the game to be so radical with the dragons, although I do appreciate that the one suggesting it is the guy who will play them (we think right now). Perhaps giving them a lesser penalty if DT is defeated would work better. Any ideas?
The variants I suggested:

Allow Horde Scream to affect all Undead, not just Savage Undead. Gives Evil Army 1 much needed Order Marker efficiency.

Give Daenerys bonding with her Dragons, with provisions for the Dragons being affected by Daenerys' death and/or being out of sight of Daenerys. Examples:

Before taking a turn with Daenerys, you may first take a turn with any Dragon you control [within [8] clear sight spaces].

If you control Daenerys and she is destroyed, each Dragon you control [takes [2] Wounds][goes Rogue - each Dragon attacks all units within range, beginning with the nearest and working outwards, then is removed from the map].

If a Dragon ends its turn out of clear LoS of Daenerys, it goes Rogue on a roll of [1-2] on a 20-sided die.

were not intended to be applied necessarily to this game, as it indeed, because it's priced in Classic (favoring the Good Armies) and the Good Armies are more OM efficient, already favors the Good Armies, but to a future game (hosted by yours truly) featuring Delta/Delta+ pricing (and a few CUC units, such as Sudema, retaining their Classic prices), with players drafting their own armies from chas' list of available units.

Black Crow Undead

Next Generation

Last edited by kolakoski; April 30th, 2013 at 04:10 PM.
Old May 4th, 2013, 06:20 AM

GOT SHORT BATTLE REPORT

Kolakoski and I held our first GameofThronesScape yesterday, using the armies above. I played the two Evil armies, and he the Good. We'd decided that the Zombie Hulks' special powers would apply to all units of their own army. We also gave Jordawn the (adjacency to Elf Wizards) bonus up to +3 for being adjacent to the heroes in her army.

Kolakoski enjoyed using the Cathar Spearmen on their first outing on our table. I got to explode two Drow using Pelloth's Special Attack--one put two wounds on Sir Denrick, the other took out two Knights of Weston!

This large game went for a rousing 12 turns before we called it in favor of Good. It featured desperate battles on both sides of the two ford areas on the flanks between the Good side and the center rock strip. There were also deep penetration attacks into the center by both Good (Othkurik) and Evil (Phantom Knights, Cyprien E.; Marcu E.). All of the Evil raids went for Ana K./Daenarys, but were unable to eliminate her. Curses, foiled again! The large board and choke points at the river/swamp water (created for a previous SuperScape Thor In Jotunheim game) broke up the anticipated formations of both armies, and most melee's were one to one or two to one brawls. The Ogre Warhulk got in a couple of multiple attacks using Flail Hurricane, as did Othkurik and Mimring.

When we finally ended the game, the casualties were as follows. (A number of other wounds inflicted by Evil had been healed by Ana Karathon, mostly on Mimring).

Good Casualties

Defeated

Mimring
Othkurik
Eldgrim
Warforged: 4 figures
Cathar Spearmen: 5 figures
Knights of Weston: (8 figures)

Wounded
Sir Denring:3
Ana Karathon: 3

Evil Casualties

Defeated

Ogre Warhulk
Zombie Hulks x4 (1 resurrected and reslain!)
Marcu Esenwein
Death Chasers of Thesk (6 figs)
Shades of Bleakwood (3 figs)
Phantom Knights (6 figs)
Zombies of Morindan (3 figs)
Death Knights of Valkrill (1 fig)
Drow (10 figures; 2 exploded by Pelloth)

Wounded

Cyprien Esenwein 5

It was a long game, and a good time! If a future GOT game is held, we are considering using the Eligible Units list above (along with units in the original four armies) to draw from and free build the armies.

Last edited by chas; May 4th, 2013 at 06:44 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions