Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old November 20th, 2012, 10:55 PM

ThorfinSS is surprisingly tart
York's Yulescape 2

York's Yulescape 2

A Feast of Fun!

When? SATURDAY - January 12th, 2012

START TIME: 10 AM

Where? York - East Hill Church of Christ Fellowship Hall (1122 Delware Ave.)

Format: Circle of Carnage (also known as attack the player to your left)
At the start of each match players roll a 20-sided roll---high roll decides whether to choose start zone and draft first or last. Which ever player ends first chooses a start zone and places one card of figures on the map. Continue until all players have 600 point armies on the field. Place order markers, reveal gylph(s), roll of initiative and go to work!

Army: Delta Points! (alternate evolving pricing system)

Link to Spreadsheet with current Delta Points:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...Wc0dzRHc#gid=0

Bring 800 pts. of units using Delta points. Each match players will draft a 600 point army out of their pool of units.

Maps: Custom made 3-player maps.

Glyphs: There will be at least one power glyph in the middle of every map to tempt players to try and control the middle. The gylph will be revealed after order markers are placed and before initiative roll.

Generals taking the field:
ThorfinSS
Irish Brigade
Tinki
Wolfwing
Garenex

Last edited by ThorfinSS; January 10th, 2013 at 12:28 AM. Reason: Added Start time
Old November 21st, 2012, 10:56 AM

Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: York's Yulescape 2

I know I'll have a conflict one of the dates you texted me. I'll let you know as soon as I find out.

OG Heroscape collection completed on 6/21/2016!

The new collection begins...again...hopefully...at some point...maybe...CMON Renegade!
Old November 26th, 2012, 02:54 PM

Wolfwing Woo who?

Sounds like a blast, should not be busy around that time, still a tad bit early to know for sure

WolfWing

King Jesus is Savior to all, Lord of Heaven and Earth
Old December 10th, 2012, 10:44 AM

Alrighty! Got the date locked in and I hope that works for people! I'm going to work on location next.

We are using Delta Points (Grok, grok, grok). Still deciding about Army draft. I'm thinking no marvel or customs, fairly high point total (600 or 700?), and I think I want to do a sideboard. (Sideboard example: you get 1000 pts. of units and you select 600 pts. worth of units to play each game).

Opinions?
Old December 10th, 2012, 08:51 PM

Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Hmm, I've never done a tournament with a sideboard, would be curious to try it. We would have to plan more time for each game in order to accommodate the drafting of armies. Also need to decide who picks first. I would suggest a roll off and the winner gets to decide.

OG Heroscape collection completed on 6/21/2016!

The new collection begins...again...hopefully...at some point...maybe...CMON Renegade!
Old December 11th, 2012, 04:16 AM

Wolfwing Woo who?

I may need to try a Sideboard game with someone before I play, just to get a feel for it

WolfWing

Old December 18th, 2012, 05:39 PM

Irish Brigade is surprisingly tart

I think that I can say that I'm in for sure. I'm probably going to bring my dad as well. I can't say that I'm a real big fan of the sideboard. From my experience you tend to bring two small armies and a mish mash of heroes to fill them both out. What tends to happen is that you have a range army and a melee. But whoever drafts firsts will take a range group of characters because they don't want to get killed at range. Then the person who picks next is forced to select his group of range characters to counter. I think what works best, if I understand what you're trying to do, is a varying point total with a high point draft pool and a rule that says you can't use the same character card in back to back rounds.
Old December 18th, 2012, 05:48 PM

To tell you the truth, I like having multiple armies designated 1, 2, and 3. The tournament organizer rolls two or three dice to randomly pick for all competitors which army they will use.

It alleviates the time needed to draft and any counter drafting that may occur. It also keeps the games constantly varying on matchups and possibilities.
Old December 21st, 2012, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Brigade View Post
I think that I can say that I'm in for sure. I'm probably going to bring my dad as well. I can't say that I'm a real big fan of the sideboard. From my experience you tend to bring two small armies and a mish mash of heroes to fill them both out. What tends to happen is that you have a range army and a melee. But whoever drafts firsts will take a range group of characters because they don't want to get killed at range. Then the person who picks next is forced to select his group of range characters to counter. I think what works best, if I understand what you're trying to do, is a varying point total with a high point draft pool and a rule that says you can't use the same character card in back to back rounds.
My main desire is to encourage the use of some of the figures that are very specific counters. So I expect people will have a core army and the sideboard will give them a little flexibility to counter who they are playing against.
Old December 21st, 2012, 04:48 PM

Hey, if you can confirm if you are attending that'd be great so I can have a count for planning!
Old December 24th, 2012, 01:51 PM

Yeah, I can confirm that I'll be there. My dad is 99%. I see your point with the counters. Gurei-oni for instance.

Approximate Tournament Record to Date:
29-14
Old December 30th, 2012, 11:50 PM

Wolfwing Woo who?

Alright I'm back from a long vacation, and I can fully say I will be there to take you all on

WolfWing

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events