Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old September 30th, 2012, 03:01 PM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
'Scaper94's Original Music

Hello everyone!

As some of you may know, I write my own music, and hope to go to college for composing. My dream job is to compose for video games. Anyway, I just got a youtube account (username is Heroscaper94) to share my music with the world.

My first piece is called The Shimmering Coast. I hope you like it!

On to number two: The Library. Enjoy!

Wow. Third video already. The Haunted Ballroom.

Update! Gerudo Valley Theme (Raining).

...And another one is up! Seaside Port.

My fifth: First Snowfall

Six: Illusions

Huzzah! Seven: Infiverse

More to come soon.

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins

Last edited by 'Scaper94; February 1st, 2013 at 12:43 AM.
Old September 30th, 2012, 03:12 PM

Garenex knows what's in an order marker Garenex knows what's in an order marker Garenex knows what's in an order marker
Re: 'Scaper94's Original Music

Just finished listening to it. Very peaceful piece of music. Definitely fits the picture and the calm and serene landscape you describe. Best of luck in you're future endeavors in making music. Hope to hear more soon!
Old September 30th, 2012, 04:45 PM

Chill knows what's in an order marker Chill knows what's in an order marker

I like it! Very...serene......
Old September 30th, 2012, 10:25 PM

TheExplodingCheez knows what's in an order marker TheExplodingCheez knows what's in an order marker

nice; it would fit perfectly into a video game! what program did u use to make it?

My Satirical Strategy Review (dedz to Bothi, stay tuned for more!)

~TheCheez
Old September 30th, 2012, 10:32 PM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Thanks for listening everyone! I appreciate it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheExplodingCheez View Post
nice; it would fit perfectly into a video game! what program did u use to make it?
I used Finale Notepad. It's not perfect sound quality, but it's free and works well for beginners.

Old September 30th, 2012, 11:51 PM

Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby! Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby! Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby! Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby!

It's really great. Thanks for sharing with us, its really quite something. When do we hear more?

If you have an idea for a signature, let me know. Until then, this stays here
My Trade List
My Custom Map Thread
Old October 1st, 2012, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloody Bogle View Post
It's really great. Thanks for sharing with us, its really quite something. When do we hear more?
I have four more that are ready to post, so they *should* be up in the next couple days or so. And then there are a few others I'm working on right now.

The one I already posted will be one of the three songs I'll submit when applying to the college I want to go to. So I'm glad you guys like it.

Old October 1st, 2012, 01:18 AM
One time at band camp...

Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death!

Cool start! But may I suggest trying out Mixcraft? It's fairly cheap for computer software ($70ish), and the sounds are much better. It doesn't have the notation power that Finale specializes in (I own the full version of Finale, as well), but I like it since you can edit any sounds and whatever so the actual music quality is decent right out of the program without needed a real orchestra or anything.
You just have to learn a bit about mixing rather than notating, but the ideas are the same. I wrote my Assimilation piece for C3G totally using Mixcraft. It takes getting used to not having a staff in front of you, but like I said, the piano roll works the same way.
Old October 1st, 2012, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Cool start! But may I suggest trying out Mixcraft? It's fairly cheap for computer software ($70ish), and the sounds are much better. It doesn't have the notation power that Finale specializes in (I own the full version of Finale, as well), but I like it since you can edit any sounds and whatever so the actual music quality is decent right out of the program without needed a real orchestra or anything.
You just have to learn a bit about mixing rather than notating, but the ideas are the same. I wrote my Assimilation piece for C3G totally using Mixcraft. It takes getting used to not having a staff in front of you, but like I said, the piano roll works the same way.
Thanks for the suggestion! I just got the 14 day trial today, and I think it's already improving the sound quality (just enough for me to notice).

I updated the OP with my second and third pieces. Let me know what you all think!

Last edited by 'Scaper94; October 1st, 2012 at 10:28 PM.
Old October 1st, 2012, 11:26 PM
One time at band camp...

Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death!

All cool starts!

For the library, there were a few things that didn't agree with my ears. I know the left hand was a repeated pattern the entire time, and occasionally the melodic lines clashed with that. I'm sure you're aware of it, but there might be a better way of going about it that would eliminate the dissonances, or at least control them (Can't give suggestions without seeing the music though. )
Also, the 4th chord in the repeated pattern is just an open octave. The first three are nice intervals, but the octave is so open compared to the others that it sounds empty. This I have a simple suggestion for (Not sure it'll work 100% through the song as I didn't exactly analyze every harmony, but for some of it it'd help. )

I'm assuming the left hand is a perfect 5th (C/G?) You're repeated the G while the other note is C-B-A-G, correct? A very simple way to get rid of the openness while adding a little more interesting harmonies is instead of going all the way down to the G, go back up to a D. Try that out and see if ya like it!

Also, please don't take anything the wrong way, I'm honestly trying to help! I went to school for this for the last 4 years, so I might as well use it for something!
Old October 1st, 2012, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
All cool starts!

For the library, there were a few things that didn't agree with my ears. I know the left hand was a repeated pattern the entire time, and occasionally the melodic lines clashed with that. I'm sure you're aware of it, but there might be a better way of going about it that would eliminate the dissonances, or at least control them (Can't give suggestions without seeing the music though. )
Also, the 4th chord in the repeated pattern is just an open octave. The first three are nice intervals, but the octave is so open compared to the others that it sounds empty. This I have a simple suggestion for (Not sure it'll work 100% through the song as I didn't exactly analyze every harmony, but for some of it it'd help. )

I'm assuming the left hand is a perfect 5th (C/G?) You're repeated the G while the other note is C-B-A-G, correct? A very simple way to get rid of the openness while adding a little more interesting harmonies is instead of going all the way down to the G, go back up to a D. Try that out and see if ya like it!

Also, please don't take anything the wrong way, I'm honestly trying to help! I went to school for this for the last 4 years, so I might as well use it for something!
I see what you mean. Just went back to the Finale file and changed it - I like it better now. Thank you for your suggestions! If you ever have thoughts on how I can improve, let me know - I appreciate it!

The left hand starts off as a perfect 5th, but it's B-flat and F.

Old October 2nd, 2012, 01:34 AM
One time at band camp...

Yeah, I love helping people out musically, so I'll keep my eye on here as long as you think it's helping, too!

Ah, well, I don't have perfect pitch. I loaded up my online virtual piano to fiddle with it, and according to that, the pitches were C and G. I don't really know what that was tuned to, though, haha!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General