Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games
Contests and Forum Games Create, Participate, or Vote in a contest or Forum game here

Notices

Old September 6th, 2012, 09:22 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun
The Build Your Own Tavern Contest (With Rare Prize)!

Well met!

Inspired by
this thread, started by Delphic, and in light of my own post therein, I'm sponsoring this Build Your Own Tavern contest. Submissions need not be in Virtualscape - clear pictures of completed maps will do. The deadline for submissions will be Midnight on September 30, 2012. While I will submit the entries to a poll(s), and will undoubtedly be heavily influenced by the result(s), especially as I expect that deciding among so many excellent entries will not be easy, I will be the sole judge, and the winner will be announced within the first week of October. Why do I believe that there will be "so many excellent entries"? Because of the prize, of course.

"IN THE TIME OF DARKNESS, WHEN EVIL MENACED THE LAND... THE WIZARDS CALLED ON UP THE DRAGONRIDERS OF THE RIVER STYX TO SAVE THE PEOPLE. LED BY RAGNAR THE WARRIOR, THE BLACK KNIGHT AND THE WIZARD... THEY RIDE THEIR FIRE BREATHING DRAGONS. TO BATTLE THE FORCES OF EVIL THESE EVIL HORDES, LED BY GULIZ THE OGRE, THE DEMON AND THE DRAGON MAN GIVE NO QUARTER. ON THE OUTCOME OF THE BATTLE. IS FORGED THE FATE OF THE WORLD. "

Feast your eyes on this squad of rare Dragonriders of the Styx!

May the best map win!

Last edited by kolakoski; September 6th, 2012 at 09:38 PM.
Old September 8th, 2012, 05:31 PM
Titleless

Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby!
Re: The Build Your Own Tavern Contest (With Rare Prize)!

What, exactly, constitutes a tavern map?
Old September 8th, 2012, 06:53 PM

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Charos View Post
What, exactly, constitutes a tavern map?
Well met!

Good question! In this case, whatever "tavern" means to you. When I created the Leopard of Valhalla, I intended to free build a tavern, but ended up with an impressionistic version of a combination of a restaurant called the Leopard, that used to be here in Manhattan, and Rick's Café Américain
, from the movie, Casablanca. So, if you are thinking "tavern" when you build it, and a good map comes out of it, . . .
Old September 24th, 2012, 10:39 PM

twilkerson wears ripped pants of awesomeness twilkerson wears ripped pants of awesomeness twilkerson wears ripped pants of awesomeness twilkerson wears ripped pants of awesomeness twilkerson wears ripped pants of awesomeness twilkerson wears ripped pants of awesomeness twilkerson wears ripped pants of awesomeness

twilkerson's submission: Old Tavern Creek

DOWNLOAD PDF SCENARIO HERE

Last edited by twilkerson; September 24th, 2012 at 11:07 PM. Reason: Added download link.
Old September 30th, 2012, 05:19 PM
Titleless

Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby!

My submission-

Hero's Rest
Takes 1 RotV, 2 RttFF (2 sets of trees, one of the road tiles)

Download

Enjoy!

Last edited by Black_Charos; October 1st, 2012 at 10:52 AM.
Old October 5th, 2012, 12:44 PM

Well met!

The contest is too close to call, at least from the Poll results!

View Poll Results: Tavern Contest Winner

Old Tavern Creek: Alex Karasavidis, Arch-vile, boromir96, EternalThanos86, Major Q23 = 5 55.56%

Hero's Rest: infectedsloth, Joseph Sweeney, TheExplodingCheez, vegietarian18 = 4 44.44%

So I am inviting the contestants, voters, and anyone else, to say a few words for or against the entries before I make a final decision.
Old October 5th, 2012, 03:02 PM
...continue to abuse you with my mod powers (until Jim bans me).

Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun

First, I just want to say, no hard feelings I mean no offense or disrespect with any of my comments.

The Reason I chose Hero's rest is because: 1) It's symmetrical, when I play on a board I like the odds to be generally even. 2) It's larger adding more maneuverability and excitement. 3) Neither of them (IMO) dramatically resemble a tavern (unless it's a ruined tavern), while both of them look awesome it came down to which one I would rather play on. Both boards are unique and I really like them both, but I would have to say Hero's rest is my favorite.
Old October 5th, 2012, 03:47 PM

twilkerson wears ripped pants of awesomeness twilkerson wears ripped pants of awesomeness twilkerson wears ripped pants of awesomeness twilkerson wears ripped pants of awesomeness twilkerson wears ripped pants of awesomeness twilkerson wears ripped pants of awesomeness twilkerson wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Sweeney View Post
First, I just want to say, no hard feelings I mean no offense or disrespect with any of my comments.
No offense taken. All of the maps that I make are for story based skirmishes that have a lot of background flavor added in. They definitely are not for serious competitive play. (Although, I did playtest this one 8 times, tweaking it for balance.) Be sure to see the scenario, as I feel that it is just important as the map itself. Thanks for the feedback!

Last edited by twilkerson; October 5th, 2012 at 04:09 PM.
Old October 5th, 2012, 07:37 PM

Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by twilkerson View Post
Quote:
No offense taken. All of the maps that I make are for story based skirmishes that have a lot of background flavor added in. They definitely are not for serious competitive play. (Although, I did playtest this one 8 times, tweaking it for balance.) Be sure to see the scenario, as I feel that it is just important as the map itself. Thanks for the feedback!
Yeah, the scenario looks great, and I can't wait to play! Do you have a map thread where I could give feedback?
Old October 5th, 2012, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Yeah, the scenario looks great, and I can't wait to play! Do you have a map thread where I could give feedback?
I don't have a legit map thread... yet! I'm waiting until I have made 5 solid maps before I start showcasing. Right now, I have 2 1/2 that I feel pretty good about. As soon as I get a thread going, I'll PM you.
Old October 6th, 2012, 06:11 AM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Per site policy, did you ask an admin for permission before posting this contest?

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old October 6th, 2012, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twilkerson View Post
Quote:
I don't have a legit map thread... yet! I'm waiting until I have made 5 solid maps before I start showcasing. Right now, I have 2 1/2 that I feel pretty good about. As soon as I get a thread going, I'll PM you.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games