Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

View Poll Results: Which unit is better?
Me-Burq-Sa 12 19.05%
Marro Warriors 51 80.95%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 14th, 2012, 11:13 AM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth
Unit Debate #64 -- Me-Burq-Sa vs. Marro Warriors

I ask that you don't use this format without permission to preserve the quality of the Unit Debates and avoid confusion.

This Unit Debate was selected by Deroche.

1. Stats/Special Powers

2. Playability

3. Overall Usefulness

4. Who Would Win Head-To-Head

5. Army Builds

6. Best Strategic Use

7. Best in Dungeon Crawl
Old March 14th, 2012, 12:42 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is hot lava death! lefton4ya is hot lava death! lefton4ya is hot lava death! lefton4ya is hot lava death! lefton4ya is hot lava death! lefton4ya is hot lava death! lefton4ya is hot lava death! lefton4ya is hot lava death! lefton4ya is hot lava death! lefton4ya is hot lava death! lefton4ya is hot lava death! lefton4ya is hot lava death! lefton4ya is hot lava death! lefton4ya is hot lava death!
Re: Unit Debate #64 -- Me-Burq-Sa vs. Marro Warriors

When I am playing Su-Bak-Na or the hive and 4-6 squads of stingers/drones/dividers, I usually want to add range, so one of these is an option. However, MBS is a hero so I usually pick him. If I am playing a melee army besides marro and have 50 points left and want to add range, then marro warriors are usually better (except when MBS is used with bonding Romans/Death Chasers).

Last edited by lefton4ya; March 15th, 2012 at 09:08 AM. Reason: forgot about bonding
Old March 14th, 2012, 01:07 PM

DeathDoom knows what's in an order marker DeathDoom knows what's in an order marker DeathDoom knows what's in an order marker

I would also have to go Marro Warriors, if only because of their survivability.
Old March 14th, 2012, 02:14 PM
Online HS Season 1 Champion & 'scape's foremost 'scapegoat

Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun

Outside of Mixed Marvel, Heroes Only or Roman/Death Chaser builds, I can't think of a compelling reason to choose MBS over MW.
Old March 14th, 2012, 02:15 PM
The Doom of Man

infectedsloth wears ripped pants of awesomeness infectedsloth wears ripped pants of awesomeness infectedsloth wears ripped pants of awesomeness infectedsloth wears ripped pants of awesomeness infectedsloth wears ripped pants of awesomeness infectedsloth wears ripped pants of awesomeness infectedsloth wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I picked the Marro Warriors also, like others have said there survivability is great, and they can dish out some damage on height. There is only two scenarios where I would take Me-Burg-Sa over Marro Warrios, if I'm playing a Roman build or if there is not enough starting zone spaces left to the Marro Warriors.
Old March 15th, 2012, 03:38 AM
Did you know that 5 exclamation points is a sign of insanity?

Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

1. Stats/Special Powers MBS wins in special powers because the MW's power means you have to sacrifice an attack, I have almost never used it successfully. On the other hand MWs have 4 attacks of 2 versus MBS's 1 attack of 3, and more lives. But don't forget MBS's fantastic threat range (move plus range = 14). On the other hand, MW have a threat range of 12 and can cover more area, but with only a two attack one MW is not that scary. I think I have to give this to the MW.

2. Playability The thing is that MWs are just a solid ranged unit, and as I say below there are others that do the same thing. So I'm going to give this to MBS.

3. Overall Usefulness Sometimes I have a hard time understanding the differences between these categories. The MW are a solid ranged unit, more of a bread and butter squad but they aren't common. On the other hand MBS has a fantastic threat range, so he can usually pin down the enemy while others move up. In the armies I usually build this makes MBS more useful.

4. Who Would Win Head-To-Head Got to give this one to MW, 4 attacks of 2 versus 1 of 3 and less life? I haven't run the calculator but MBS would be stomped.

5. Army Builds It is here where the MW suffer, and primarily because there are such close substitutes for them that cost the same amount or perhaps a little more. Marro Drudge cost the same and only have one less defense. Marro Stingers are an A (A+?) unit for only ten points more. And both of these are commons.
About the only time I would want the MW is, like lefton4ya said, when I have an all melee army and I need a solid range option.
I can see a lot more armies where I'd want to add MBS because of his fantastic threat range than I can the MW.

6. Best Strategic Use MWs are just another solid ranged unit. They're cheap, but not that scary. They just roll up with the rest of your army. MBS is... sort of a shark. You want to move him out quick and take advantage of that threat range to pin down the opponent.

7. Best in Dungeon Crawl No idea on this one.

I'm really torn here. I like MBS, I love to use him in armies. His incredible shark attributes make him more diverse than the MW. MW is just so much alike so many other units.
I think the key here is that it at least seems like one attack of 3 is scarier than 4 attacks of 2--and I know the math is against me on that.

In the end I think it may just be personal bias, and against that great personal bias I am going to give this one to the Marro Warriors. Sigh, I still love my little zombie horsey.
Old March 15th, 2012, 06:04 AM

ForeverWar is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy the Clown View Post
Outside of Mixed Marvel, Heroes Only or Roman/Death Chaser builds, I can't think of a compelling reason to choose MBS over MW.
Yeah, love to play him with Romans. That's the reason to take him. He gets that free bonding activation, whereas MW would just sit on the sidelines. Nice to have a little ranged firepower to back up the legos too.
Old March 16th, 2012, 11:34 AM

Sir Dendrik wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sir Dendrik wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sir Dendrik wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sir Dendrik wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sir Dendrik wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sir Dendrik wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Marro Warriors fit into any army with a spare 50 points. Me-Burq-Sa needs synergy to be viable. Me-Burq-Sa is also better when you only have 2 hexes left in your start zone.

The vast majority of the time, Marro warriors are better.

Handle origin: I used to film comedy skits with my friends. I didn't want any cursing in them, so I made up new insults, like "dendrik". Then Sir Denrick came out, and the rest is history.
Old March 17th, 2012, 03:24 PM

AMIS rolls all skulls baby! AMIS rolls all skulls baby! AMIS rolls all skulls baby! AMIS rolls all skulls baby! AMIS rolls all skulls baby!

Marro Warriors just because I've had no luck with MBS and he's normally gone in the first few minutes of every game I use him in.

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; March 17th, 2012 at 03:24 PM. Reason: Another hit to my win/loss ratio.
Old March 25th, 2012, 09:12 PM

Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I will go with MBS. I like Roman builds and he makes a great roving shark behind the front lines.

MW are probably better from what I have read, but in the armies I have played they never seem to be that effective. They end up being 'oh yeah, those guys.'

"I wish my iPad would stop trying to autocorrect all the heroscape names for me."

Good Trades I have had.

Collection Guide for Recommended Quantities.
Old March 25th, 2012, 10:42 PM

brandonwiker wears ripped pants of awesomeness brandonwiker wears ripped pants of awesomeness brandonwiker wears ripped pants of awesomeness brandonwiker wears ripped pants of awesomeness brandonwiker wears ripped pants of awesomeness brandonwiker wears ripped pants of awesomeness brandonwiker wears ripped pants of awesomeness

My 50 points to MW, almost everytime. 4 attacks per marker beats 1 attack per marker. I would hazard a guess that the MW beats burq a majority of the time. Burq is nice for a slightly quicker glyph grab, and for dealing with high defense figures, but I really only use him to bond with romans or grok riders
Old March 26th, 2012, 08:45 AM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Burq may be faster and have some stunning abilities, but at the end of the day the Marro Warriors have 4 attacks at range, and possible cloning for just 50 points.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Units