Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

View Poll Results: Which unit is better?
Blastatrons 25 78.13%
Resistance Fighters 7 21.88%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old November 21st, 2011, 12:38 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth
Unit Debate #60 -- Blastatrons vs. Resistance Fighters

I ask that you don't use this format without permission to preserve the quality of the Unit Debates and avoid confusion.

This Unit Debate was selected by MegaSilver.

1. Stats/Special Powers

2. Playability

3. Overall Usefulness

4. Who Would Win Head-To-Head

5. Army Builds

6. Best Strategic Use

7. Best in Dungeon Crawl
Old November 21st, 2011, 02:26 PM

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth
Re: Unit Debate #60 -- Blastatrons vs. Resistance Fighters

Someone gave me a + rep with a sad smilie.
Old November 21st, 2011, 02:31 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is hot lava death! lefton4ya is hot lava death! lefton4ya is hot lava death! lefton4ya is hot lava death! lefton4ya is hot lava death! lefton4ya is hot lava death! lefton4ya is hot lava death! lefton4ya is hot lava death! lefton4ya is hot lava death! lefton4ya is hot lava death! lefton4ya is hot lava death! lefton4ya is hot lava death! lefton4ya is hot lava death!

WOW - A custom unit vs. Official!

1. Stats/Special Powers
With homing device, I will say that Blastatrons average slightly more attack than Resistance Fighters, but they have less defense all the time. Movement bonuses are similar but Gladiatrons are more strategic. Resistance fighters seem better then, but I will say that being a squad of 4 makes the Blastarons better

2. Playability
M-43 Resistance Fighters are a lot easier to play, do not require a anther hero/squad (although Kira Jax is good with them she is not necessary) and are less of a shark than Blastatrons, so I would say Resistance Fighters are more playable.

3. Overall Usefulness
I have not played either of them in enough army builds to say definitively and I think in the current metagame both are equally useful.

Without Gladiatrons, Blastatrons suffer - M-43 Resistance Fighters would win head to head. Plus, since the the Mariedans were designed to counter Trons and Rats, So Resistance fighters would most likely beat a Tron army.

5. Army Builds
Since Balstarron armies are best with 3X Gladiatrons, and 2x Blastatrons, and that takes up 20 spaces and 360 points, I would say M-43 Resistance Fighters are easier on army builds.

6. Best Strategic Use
I would say that in the hand of a skillfull player, a Tron army is great and can handle opposing almost any army or strategy. The only thing is that the Mariedans were designed to counter Trons and Rats or other screen-based army so they are not as strategic when not playing an army that has a screen of some kind. So Blastatrons are more generally skillful.

7. Best in Dungeon Crawl
A tron army does best against heroes gladiatrons can lock them down leaving Blastatrons free to kill heroes or go after treasures and other objectives.

I would say based on above fairly equal, but we will have to wait to see how the Mariedans do.
Old November 21st, 2011, 05:32 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

Wow. Fun to see the Mariedians in here. Love these guys--and they are a blast to play against the Glads/Blasts. They can win, but they don't every time, in my experience.

If the Blasts are alone (no Glads), then, yeah, I'd take the Mariedians.

But as lefton4ya says, if you get the Blasts/Glads in an optimal build, they are better and I'd take them, esp. in a double-blind setting.

Still, these Resistance Fighters are a lot of fun to play. (And, last I checked, still going for only about $1 or so a squad--that's really nice.)
Old November 21st, 2011, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Mmirg View Post
Wow. Fun to see the Mariedians in here. Love these guys--and they are a blast to play against the Glads/Blasts. They can win, but they don't every time, in my experience.

If the Blasts are alone (no Glads), then, yeah, I'd take the Mariedians.

But as lefton4ya says, if you get the Blasts/Glads in an optimal build, they are better and I'd take them, esp. in a double-blind setting.

Still, these Resistance Fighters are a lot of fun to play. (And, last I checked, still going for only about $1 or so a squad--that's really nice.)
I just ordered some now, since you mentioned the price.

And I agree that most of the time they will be evenly matched.
Old November 21st, 2011, 06:30 PM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Neat idea for a debate! I wish I'd had time to test out the M-43's, but Zogross is the only C3V unit I've tried out so far.

lefton4ya nailed down some good comparisons. The Resistance Fighters are obviously the more flexible unit, but I'm gonna go with experience on this one - the only reason I don't play a 'tron army much anymore is because they're too easy to play (and win) with.

So, except in a head-to-head match up, I'm going with the Blastatrons.

WORST. PALADIN. EVER.

Overall Tourney Record: ....I don't even remember anymore!
Old November 22nd, 2011, 12:56 PM

Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness

1. Stats/Special Powers
Being a 4 man squad and being cheaper than the M-43 the Blasts take this one.
2. Playability
They are both very playable so this one is a tie.
3. Overall Usefulness
The M-43 they don't need an extra squad to be effective.
At the last tournament I went to I had the chance to play 4x Gladiatrons, 1x Blastatrons, Raelin, and Krav Vs. 4x M-43, 2x of each wyrmling, and Otonashi. I don't remember the map but the start zones were fairly spread out so it was hard to make a screen for the Blastatrons and they quickly got shot down and the rest of the army followed suit. The M-43's mobility really helps them spread out and grab height and glyphs. making them a force to be reckoned with so I think the M-43 would win here.
5. Army Builds
The M-43 can compliment or be the center of just about any build so the M-43 win here as well.
6. Best Strategic Use
The Tron build takes a lot of thinking and skill to use well. So this goes to the Blastatrons
7. Best in Dungeon Crawl
I never really did a dungeon crawl so I'm not very sure about this one.

I like the M-43 more than the Trons so my opinions might be a little one sided but I think these are fair explanations for my vote.
Old November 26th, 2011, 09:59 PM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Maybe it's because many players (like me) have tried a limited selection (if any) of the C3V units, but I'm somewhat disappointed to not have seen more input into this debate. Regardless of experience, a bit of theoryscaping could make this (type of) Unit Debate a lot of fun!

WORST. PALADIN. EVER.

Overall Tourney Record: ....I don't even remember anymore!
Old November 28th, 2011, 11:02 AM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

Just a note--you don't have to own the exact figures to use the C3V cards. You can easily run the M-43s using a mix of Agents as proxies, for example.

I only own a small amount of the C3V units, but I have all the cards and proxy as best as I can what I don't own. Always have had fun doing that!
Old November 28th, 2011, 07:46 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

1. Stats/Special Powers - Based on their cards, the Resistance is better...but you have to factor in the Bonding and Homing Device. So in terms of effectiveness of powers all factors included, I'd say Blastatrons

2. Playability - The Playability of the Resistance is much better, because you do not need another unit to make them effective. And they have the ability to shoot over melee Screens, regardless of adjacency, so the are more versatile.

3. Overall Usefulness - Again have to go with the Resistance. Their ability to their Range by Rats, Gladiatrons...ect just makes them more useful than the Blastatrons. Plus Blastatron absolutely need Gladiatrons to be effective.

4. Who Would Win Head-To-Head - Resistance The Blasts by themselves are fragile and have weak weapons.

5. Army Builds - Resistance. Glad?Blast Armies are pretty set in stone, but I can throw in a couple of Squads of Resistance into most Army builds and they will be useful.

6. Best Strategic Use - Blastatrons. They take some skill to use effectively and can be a top tier Army. The Resistance is good, but not a top Tier Unit.

7. Best in Dungeon Crawl - I'd have to say Resistance, again because regardless of adjacency they are still effective at Range.

So based on the above criteria, the Resistance is better. But I digress, I've seen too many Glad/Blast armies in action and they can be devastating if played correctly. But the Resistance was designed to the the antithesis of the Gladiatron/Blastatron Army build, allowing them to shoot around a Gladiatron that is using Cyber Claw and fire at those Pesky Blastatrons that are trying to use Homing Devise to gain lots of dice against you. I'd say over Blasts are better, because they are probally better against most Army Builds, but versus the Resistance the M-43 come out on top.

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Units