Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games
Contests and Forum Games Create, Participate, or Vote in a contest or Forum game here

Old November 14th, 2011, 01:52 PM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!
Christmas Custom Contest: Polls are up!

The Championship Poll is up!

Championship Poll

Poll A

Poll B

Poll C

Welcome to the third of the Holiday Custom Series of contests!

The series will include seven separate contests if the interest remains. One contest for each of the more major holidays:
1. Halloween
2. Thanksgiving
3. Christmas
4. St. Valentine's Day
5. St. Patrick's Day
6. Easter
7. The 4th of July

These contests aren't just about taking a figure and coming up with some cool powers for it. These contests are about taking a figure and coming up with some cool powers for it that scream out the theme of the holiday it is based on. Cool powers won't win these contests if the powers have nothing to do with the theme of the holiday.

General Rules
1. In order for your submission to be eligible you must follow all Rules and Guidelines and submit your entry by the due date.
2. Once you have PMd your entry to me, it is your final submission unless you include a note asking for help.
3. No more than one entry per participant. If you do create more than one entry, you will be responsible to choose which one you wish to submit.
4. You may not submit a unit created within 3 months of a particular contest's announcement and/or is presently posted publicly on heroscapers.com
5. You may not post your entry on heroscapers.com or reveal who the designer is of a particular entry until after the winner has been announced.
6. All entries must be reasonably compatible with the Heroscape battle system.
7. Most importantly- have fun creating your holiday custom!

Submission Guidelines
1. All submissions must follow all guidelines and not be in violation of the rules of this forum.
2. The entry must use the figure and picture provided for that contest.
3. Sorry, text only entries will not be considered. Each entry must be reasonably similar in appearance and format to the official Heroscape cards. If creating a card is beyond what you are able to d at the moment, we have many generous customs creators as part of this community willing to help you.
4. PM the entry to me. The PM must be titled: (Insert holiday name here) Custom Contest/ (insert screen name here)
5. It is very much preferred that submitted entries be in .jpg format

Winning
After the initial deadline for submitting entries, all entries that meet the requirements will (if necessary) be divided into as even as possible groups and be placed in separate polls. If more than one poll is necessary, the winner of each poll will be placed into a finalists poll. Whoever wins this poll will be declared the contest's winner.

Prize
Andrew of Auggies has graciously and awesomely donated a $25 gift certificate to the winner of each contest!

Voting
When you vote in the poll, try to keep these things in mind (in order of personal importance for the purpose of these contests):
1. Does the entry bring out the theme of the holiday?
2. Is the entry reasonably compatible with official HS game mechanics and rules?
3. Does the entry seem balanced pointwise?
4. Is the wording of the powers reasonably compatible with official wording?

This contest:
Christmas!

Because of the busyness that comes with Thanksgiving and Christmas, I am posting this a little earlier to give some extra time for entrants to work on their entries.

I went through the gamut of different iconic Christmas characters to use for this contest, Santa, Rudolph, The Grinch, etc. The chosen character eventually won out simply because it actually had an available mini to go with it. So, for the Christmas contest we will be going with everyone's favorite fat man, Santa Claus.

The mini used is the Santa/50 figure from the Horrorclix Nightmares Set. He is Size Medium 5.

Remember to do your best to bring out the theme and atmosphere of Christmas with your custom.

Submission Deadline
All entries for this contest must be received by me by PM by Midnight, December 17th.

Appropriate polls will, tentatively, be posted beginning December 18th to close December 23rd. The winner will be announced on December 24th.

Prize
The winner of the Christmas Customs Contest will receive a $25 gift certifcate donated by Auggies. and receive the user title "Christmas Customs Champion"

PNGs for card purposes:
Spoiler Alert!

Custom Contest FAQs

Q: Can I make a glyph or treasure glyph to go with my custom?
A: As long as the glyph/treasure glyph does not require a second card to be submitted with the unit card itself, glyphs/treasure glyphs will be admissible (ie, instructions on the function and use of the glyph must be able to fit on the unit's Army Card rather than a separate card for the glyph/treasure glyph itself). A unit may have only either one glyph or one treasure glyph accompanying it.

Q: Can I make a Basic side card to go with my entry?
A: In order to keep the contest and polls as streamlined and simple as possible and the contest as true to its purpose as possible (I don't see a basic card contributing a whole lot to the theme of the given holiday), I will have to say NO to Basic side cards. Sorry.

Q: Since there are too many entries for one poll will there be a "finalists" poll that has the top entries from each poll, or will the winner be whoever gets the most votes out of all the polls?
A: There will be a "finalists" poll which be made up the winner from each of the first, or Round One (R1), polls.

Q: Can I vote in each poll, or do I just vote for my favorite entry out of all of them?
A: You can vote once in each poll that is put up.

Q: If there is more than one round of polls what will their timeframe be?
A: Typically the timeframe for a poll will be 3-5 days depending on the number of entries. The more entries, the more time I will give for everyone to thoroughly evaluate all the entries.

Q: How are ties broken?
A: If there is a tie in R1, all cards involved in the tie will proceed to the finalists round (R2). If there is tie in R2, there will be a third round (R3) which will be comprised of all the cards involved in the tie from R2.

Q: Where are the polls going to be placed? In the Custom Unit Section? Or this contest section?
A: The polls will always be posted in the Contests Sub-forum. There is an announcement thread in the Customs sub-forum in which I will post links to each of the polls.

Q: Which time zone's "midnight" are you using as the submission cutoff?
A: I am taking into consideration the time zone that the entrant lives in. All things considered, that seems the most fair (ie, if someone in the eastern time zone and someone in the pacific time zone both get home from work at 6pm to work on their card before the deadline, the person in the eastern time zone would get three extra hours to work on it if I hold all entries to my time zone).

Now, if an entrant does not have a location listed in their profile, then I will hold them to my own time zone (Eastern).

Last edited by Lamaclown; December 21st, 2011 at 09:11 PM.
Old November 14th, 2011, 04:43 PM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!
Re: Christmas Custom Contest

Updated the FAQ
Old November 14th, 2011, 09:28 PM

Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Time to start thinking of a good unit, hmmmmm....
Old November 14th, 2011, 09:43 PM

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Ooh, what to do? I love these contests.
Old November 15th, 2011, 04:50 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Hohoho!

Merry Christmas, and a good figure choice as well Lamacalown

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old November 15th, 2011, 11:33 AM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death!

I'm going to have fun with this.

Old November 18th, 2011, 05:32 PM

fishguy1 is surprisingly tart

you better watch out! You better not cry! Becouse otherwise your gonna die! Santa Claus is coming to kill!
Old November 18th, 2011, 09:28 PM

fishguy1 is surprisingly tart

So could I use a marker (like the airborn elites) for a special move!
Old November 19th, 2011, 06:16 PM

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishguy1 View Post
So could I use a marker (like the airborn elites) for a special move!
I am not in any way affiliated with the running of these contests, but I would hazard a guess that yes, you may use a coloured marker. Many official units like Morsbane, Mezzodemons, and Tagawa Samurai use markers.
Old November 26th, 2011, 08:45 PM

JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I entered the 1st 2 contests but after my pathetic performance in them I am going to be sitting this one out. Good luck to everyone
Old November 27th, 2011, 01:33 AM

heroscapenoobs Woo who?

I'm not the greatest at making custom figures, but i always enjoy trying, so im going to give this one a shot. However, i am not the best with computers and i can put all the words and everything onto the card, i just cant get the picture on there. Is there anyone that would be willing to help me out?

I got someone, thanks to everyone that offered tho!

1. Hard work pays off in the future. Laziness pays off now.
2. It matters not whether you win or lose; It matters whether I win or lose.
3. I smile because I have no idea what is going on.

Last edited by heroscapenoobs; November 28th, 2011 at 07:00 PM.
Old November 28th, 2011, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscapenoobs View Post
I'm not the greatest at making custom figures, but i always enjoy trying, so im going to give this one a shot. However, i am not the best with computers and i can put all the words and everything onto the card, i just cant get the picture on there. Is there anyone that would be willing to help me out?
I'll help you out. PM me.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games