Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Closed Thread

Old May 24th, 2008, 09:38 PM
Old and Boring

Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Seattle Emerald City Game day - June 21st

I can make it on the 21st. (4 days before my birthday!) I'd love to have a tourney that day. If not, bunjee, bring it on!

Grinnell College '16
Old May 25th, 2008, 12:26 AM
I have year old Heroscape news!

darkclown789 has disabled reputation

I vote for a tourney in July, since we will not be able to attend June (Annual GuardianCon, a 4-day RPG convension that is totally awesome).

But if you get enough people or people really want to do it June, go for it.

~Darkclown

"I don't suffer from insanity I enjoy every minute of it." --Unknown
Old May 30th, 2008, 10:44 PM

Eberak Woo who?

If we do it in July I do not have Drill any of those weekends so I would be pretty open to doing something then.

Wanna Play?
Old May 31st, 2008, 08:07 PM

aquaone is surprisingly tart

I should be able to make June 21st but am unsure how long I can stay (other events at the same time). I will not have Sophia.

Would it be better to come earlier (14:00-18:00) or later (17:00-"the end")?

*insert witty catchphrase here*
Old June 4th, 2008, 06:01 AM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness

If there's going to be a tournament on the 21st, I'm very interested, and I may be able to drag a family member or two with me. The July 19th date is no better or worse as far as I know right now.

Last edited by rdhight; June 4th, 2008 at 08:50 PM. Reason: "th"
Old June 4th, 2008, 08:54 AM

Eberak Woo who?

I cannot make the 21st. Are there any other days we can set it up? I really want to play in my first Tournament.

On a different topic, about how many adults come to these tournaments. I am 31 years old (I know, I know, to old to play a kids game, lol) and want to know ahead of time if I am going to get whooped on by nothing but punk teenagers. LOL.

I will still come because I love the game, just want to know what I am getting myself into is all. Thanks!

Wanna Play?
Old June 4th, 2008, 07:39 PM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eberak View Post
I cannot make the 21st. Are there any other days we can set it up? I really want to play in my first Tournament.
I hope I get a chance to play you. That SBN army you posted recently looked like something I would make. Lovely, lovely squadscape!
Old June 4th, 2008, 07:56 PM

bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Well, the attendance is usually about equal adults to kids. The adults range from mid-20's to late 30's (possibly 40's, I don't track age all that well)

As for getting your butt whomped by a teen in a tournament, well, that is actually likely, we have some pretty good teen players.

I'm probably more inclined to do a tournament on July 19th. The 21st of June just feels like it is going to be a crazy time leading up to it. It seems like we'd have better attendance at the July date.

Aquaone, later is probably better, it seems like you'd get more game time in that way.
Old June 5th, 2008, 08:57 AM

Eberak Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdhight View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eberak View Post
I hope I get a chance to play you. That SBN army you posted recently looked like something I would make. Lovely, lovely squadscape!
Thanks! I have struggled making an army and spent some time reading a lot about building a good army on this site and that is my second attempt at it. Looks like I hit it right on the button this time. Thanks for the rep points!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunjee View Post
Well, the attendance is usually about equal adults to kids. The adults range from mid-20's to late 30's (possibly 40's, I don't track age all that well)

As for getting your butt whomped by a teen in a tournament, well, that is actually likely, we have some pretty good teen players.

I'm probably more inclined to do a tournament on July 19th. The 21st of June just feels like it is going to be a crazy time leading up to it. It seems like we'd have better attendance at the July date.

Aquaone, later is probably better, it seems like you'd get more game time in that way.
Thanks for the update. I don't mind getting beat, I just wanted to know if I was going to be the only adult getting beat by teens. It has happened before and I know it will happen again. lol. Glad to know that there are a good number of adults that play too I think that is one of the reasons I really like playing this game, it is so versital.

Anyway later would be better for me I cannot make anything in June, but July I have nothing going on, so any Saturday is good for me. Let me know what you all plan, so I can let my wife know and make plans to be there. Thanks!

Wanna Play?
Old June 9th, 2008, 06:39 PM

dreamingcrow is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: Seattle Emerald City Game day - May 17th

Quote:
We also had some kids drop in that have Heroscape but don't get to play much and just happened to see us there.
Those were my kids and they really want to stop by again, so I figure that they will be there this month, as long things are still on.

Thanks to everyone that was there for your patience and help with them. They really appreciated the welcome.

~ Liss
Old June 9th, 2008, 07:12 PM

bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Seattle Emerald City Game day - May 17th

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingcrow View Post
Quote:
We also had some kids drop in that have Heroscape but don't get to play much and just happened to see us there.
Those were my kids and they really want to stop by again, so I figure that they will be there this month, as long things are still on.

Thanks to everyone that was there for your patience and help with them. They really appreciated the welcome.

~ Liss
I'm glad to hear they had fun! We are definitely going to be there on the 21st so we'll look forward to seeing them.
Old June 9th, 2008, 07:14 PM

Eberak Woo who?

So do we have a date yet for a Tournament? Also is there anything I need to bring, like a cover charge or something for the winner? how do you guys do it?

Wanna Play?
Closed Thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events