Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Notices

Old July 6th, 2011, 06:00 PM

Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Tree Town Open VII - IA, MN, NE, IL, SD, MO, WI

--- TREE TOWN OPEN VII ( 2011 ) ---
"the original national heroscape day event"

( Post tournament Results and Photos start on Page 9 )

Place: Waldorf College ( Atrium ) – Forest City, IA

Date: October 15, 2011 (NHSD)

Sign in: 9:30 – 9:50 AM

Start 1st round: 10:00 AM

Entry fee: $10

Format: Swiss Style, 470-point army ( No Custom or Marvelscape figures )1-hour time limit per round.

Maps – 24 hex starting positions on each map .36 different maps (or more) featuring a theme of either Lava, Snow, Road, Jungle, Castle components, or a combination of. All maps will have at least one tree. We will try to have everyone play on a different theme each round if possiable

Glyphs: TBD but may include: Astrid , Brandar , Crevcor , Dagmar , Erland , Gerda , Valda

TTO Rule: - Any figure adjacent to a tree may roll an additional defense die when being attacked by a non-adjacent figure. ( what did you expect after all your playing in " The TreeTownOpen ")

Tournament Director: Jormi_Boced

What You should Bring: Figures (TBD pt max), Dice (Attack/Defense/D-20), Turn Markers, Wound Markers. Good Sportsmanship

Food: The Warrior Crossing Café will be open ( all food and drink at the tourney must be bought there. No food or dirnk can be brought in ).

Registration: Pay the day of the event when you come... hower I need to know approx how many are coming. If you think you may be attending please go to http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=36663 and add your name and T-shirt size to the list.... Thank you

The best news is we will be going back to Waldof College Atrium for the 3rd year in-a-row! Waldorf College ( Atrium )
The Atrium offers a more upscale setting for our tourney, and this year we will have the Warrior Crossing Cafe adjacent to our playing area so it will be quick and easy to get food, snacks and drinks during NHSD

Note: Change this year you will not be able to bring in your own food and drink (like the Super Bowl ). You will need to purchase all your food and drink at the Warrior Crossing Café which is adjacent to our gaming area. At a latter date I will be posting a menu of what they will have to offer that day.

Directions: If your coming from I-35 come down highway 9 as you are used to and go past the Super Bowl. Approx 1 mile you will see one of our towns two stop lights. From the stop light - you will ver left up the hill this is Secor Ave and as you go up the hill you can see the court house.

If you come into town and hit our other stoplight you can also turn and go up the hill and it will lead you straid to the courthouse and Waldorf. If you should happen to come into town on anyother road (country blacktop) you most likely will also see the courthouse on the top of the hill downtown - Just head to the courthouse and you will find Waldor and the Atruim.

Questions: Post here on this thread or e-mail me at: heroscaperdad@yahoo.com

Tree Town Open

Austi-Con / Austin MN
Saturday - October , 2023

Last edited by Codeman; October 16th, 2011 at 12:54 PM. Reason: Adding information for TTO VII
Old July 6th, 2011, 06:00 PM

Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Tree Town Open VII - IA, MN, NE, IL, SD, MO, WI

2011 PRIZE TABLE ......
Keep checking back as I will be posting prizes as they come in.

Everyone gets a Tree Town Open VII - T-shirt

A complete set of Wave 10 and 9 assorted boosters from Waves 8 & 10 from Rochester Gamers Reunion:

Thank you again Jeff for your support of the Tree Town Open. You and the Rochester Gaming Community have been great to the Tree Town Open over the years. The Gamers Reunion is also paying the TTO entry fee for the champion of the RGR championship 2011 - " Jexik "

Commons ready to be broke apart into squads for the lower prize table ... Hero packs will stay intack on prize table.

Thank you House Mouse for working with the TTO this year and all your past support over the years.

Thank you Colby / Plaid Hat games.

Two of each set pictured will be on the prize table.
Thank you R˙chean .

Photo typical of the dice that will be on the prize table.

The Super Geek Stack
Our Traditional Hex Circle made from the hexes in the expansions sets opened to put common squads the lower prize table.

This years stack is not as tall as in past years (due to less expansions being packaged with hexesL. However sadly this probably will be the last year we will have this as well.

Note: this is stack is taller than the one at the first Tree town open - TTO I. Just ask SG as he is very familiar with the first several prize table hex stacks J ( All totaled up he probably has a master set worth of Hexes from these In the early days it was a running joke who would pick the stack of hexes. It seemed fitting to name what will probably be our last hex stack offered as prize, after Super Geek.

Two Dice trays with sliding covers ( room for cards and dice )

$20 in Forest City Bucks - Thank you - Forest City Chamber

Tree Town Open

Austi-Con / Austin MN

Last edited by Codeman; October 14th, 2011 at 05:52 PM. Reason: Adding Prizes
Old July 6th, 2011, 06:01 PM

Past fun at Waldorf's Atrium:

2010:

Goodyear Blimp again showed up at the Tree Town Open

Two big screens showed a slide show from the five prior years of Tree Town Open Tourneys during TTO VI

Checking out the Lower Prize Table ( everyone gets a common squad + a trip to the top prize table )

Prize Table surprise - First release of Molten Claw

Tree Town Open

Austi-Con / Austin MN

Last edited by Codeman; July 6th, 2011 at 10:03 PM.
Old July 6th, 2011, 06:40 PM

The TTO has warriors from 8 different states come to do battle here ( IA, MN, WI, IL, MO, NE, SD, KS )

We have had champions from three different states:

3 from Iowa ( all Spider Posion ),
3 from Nebraska,
1 from Wisconsin
0 from Minnesota

Other Stats:

TTO I - 450 points ..... attendence 8 ( Jordal Home )
TTO II - 490 points ..... attendence 38 ( Super Bowl )
TTO III - 530 points ..... attendence 60 ( Super Bowl )
TTO IV - 540 points ..... attendence 48 ( Super Bowl)
TTO V - 510 points ..... attendence 61 (Waldorf-Atruim)
TTO VI - 525 points ..... attendence 57 (Waldorf-Atrium)
TTOVII - 470 points ...... attendence 64 (Waldorf-Atrium)

Our point totals for armies over the years have been 450, 490, 510, 525, 530, 540. In order to keep the games under an hour I like to stay under 550 points, and it looks like we have played eveything except 500 & 520 points with out going down to 480 or less. What do you think the Tree Town Open point total should be this year? 500 or 520 maybe 480?

Let me know what you think... then I will do what I want anyway . I am leaning toward 500 or 520.

Tree Town Open

Austi-Con / Austin MN

Last edited by Codeman; October 16th, 2011 at 09:52 AM. Reason: to poke fun at Minnesota :) add attendence of TTO VII
Old July 7th, 2011, 01:06 PM
Christmas Custom Contest Champion

sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby!

Double post look below

2 time winner of the Gencon Team Tournament
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer View Post
Special Attacks are severely modified by death.
Trade Thread Selling most of my collection!

Last edited by sixthflagbearer; July 9th, 2011 at 12:02 AM.
Old July 7th, 2011, 01:11 PM
Christmas Custom Contest Champion

sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby!

Finally an official page!

I am leaning towards 520, but would be fine with 500. My first choice would probably be 530 though.

Edit: oops, never mind, 530 has already been used.

2 time winner of the Gencon Team Tournament
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer View Post
Special Attacks are severely modified by death.
Trade Thread Selling most of my collection!

Last edited by sixthflagbearer; July 9th, 2011 at 12:03 AM.
Old July 9th, 2011, 01:43 AM

Omahavice is surprisingly tart

520 points. Looks like a great time. Hopefully I can make it this year.

Tournament Record
Good Trades List

DaBoyzRule 5 Time Super Bowl Champions Working on Number 6
Old July 9th, 2011, 09:42 AM

Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Let's go with 520 please.
Old July 9th, 2011, 04:36 PM
Has A Ticket To Ride

EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

520 is old hat. It was used at GC in 2008. I say we try 505!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwayman View Post
Classic-Scape is just the Frosting for the Marvel-Scape cake!
Old July 9th, 2011, 08:29 PM

Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness

My vote is 500.

Last edited by Obsidian; July 25th, 2011 at 10:12 AM. Reason: Changed from 520 to 500
Old July 9th, 2011, 08:44 PM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

520 is much better than 505. If we went with 505, I'm guessing most armies would come to only 500 anyway.

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work
Old July 9th, 2011, 09:02 PM

stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I know you said youre already leaning towards 500 or 520 but I think something under 500 would be better. Last year was 525 so if you did 520 most of the same armies from last year would be seen again. Gencon is doing 500 for both General Wars and the Championship so why not go with something low like 400 or 420?

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events