Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games
Contests and Forum Games Create, Participate, or Vote in a contest or Forum game here

View Poll Results: Which map is the most tournament worthy?
1.) Erosion by Killometer 15 7.98%
2.) Guardian by Dignan 53 28.19%
3.) Ruins of Feldspar by Darkmage7a 29 15.43%
4.) Scavenger's Folly by Gamebear 28 14.89%
5.) Hellsgate by mad_wookie 29 15.43%
6.) The Ford by Parduz 34 18.09%
Voters: 188. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 26th, 2011, 10:11 AM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth
R˙chean's Map Challenge - Round 3 - FINAL GROUPING - VOTE!!!

Please vote for the map that you think is the most suitable for tournament style play.

What is tournament style play? Whatever it means to you!

Voting cycle is 4 days, ending 5/30.

Please take the time to review the documents before casting your vote. 1st place receives their choice off Jungle or Road set. 2nd receives the unclaimed prize.

Contest details

1.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killometer View Post
2.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dignan View Post
Map: Guardian
Date Uploaded: 5/14/11
Requires: 1 RotV, 1 FotA

3.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkmage7a View Post
4.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameBear View Post
5.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_wookiee View Post

6.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parduz View Post

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old May 26th, 2011, 10:35 AM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth
Re: R˙chean's Map Challenge - Round 3 - FINAL GROUPING - VOT

Wow, nice set of maps. I look forward to trying out several of these. Not an easy choice, for sure.
Old May 26th, 2011, 10:35 AM

LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby!

Golly Day this is tough!

Last edited by LilMoochie : five minutes ago.
Reason: You think it's mindless drivel now? You should have seen it before.
LilMoochie's Maps, LilMoochie's trades
Old May 26th, 2011, 11:29 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Easy for me, only had to pick between 3 of them. IMO, a map that is asking for FotA, is asking for use of the wall pieces.

-insert signature here-
Old May 26th, 2011, 11:37 AM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Easy for me, only had to pick between 3 of them. IMO, a map that is asking for FotA, is asking for use of the wall pieces.
Hmm. I would never have thought of it in that way.

In fact, I will honestly say that I prefer (only slightly) a map that doesn't use the walls uncapped (even though, yes, the contest allows for it--i.e. I'd rather have a map win that will/can run on any table in any tourney, rather than needing special dispensation and only being allowed at tourneys that allow uncapped walls).

Fun to see how we all view these maps differently, though, in the end, we definitely have 6 of the most outstanding maps from this contest who made it to the finals.
Old May 26th, 2011, 03:39 PM
Is The Skullmaster

Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Current standings at the time of this post are 0,9,5,5,6,6.

What happens in a 5 way tie?
Old May 26th, 2011, 03:48 PM

Parduz knows what's in an order marker Parduz knows what's in an order marker Parduz knows what's in an order marker

Quote:

I'll invite all of you here and we will bet the prize on a HS match.

Not coming mean loosing the match

Would you like to listen to my music?

Old May 26th, 2011, 04:05 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

Quote:

I have a Plan B if/when Plan B is necessary.

A must read for all 'Scapers!

Last edited by R˙chean; May 26th, 2011 at 04:06 PM. Reason: Plan B = for me to know and hopefully for none of you to need to find out
Old May 26th, 2011, 04:05 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
I don't think I would go that far, but anything (a) broken by a Round 1 AE drop or (b) without significant LoS blockage gets a 'no' from me. I wouldn't use it at a tournament.

I don't like a bunch of isolated wall segments, either. The wall pieces look fine when they're connected to each other, but they are ugly as substitutes for trees.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old May 26th, 2011, 04:17 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
I don't like a bunch of isolated wall segments, either. The wall pieces look fine when they're connected to each other, but they are ugly as substitutes for trees.
I tend to agree with this. They look good as walls, but a solitary freestanding wall piece draws attention to the "unfinished" edges that are designed to fit into other walls. Personally, the plugs on the top are less visually distracting than those edges - I think the plugs look sort of neat in an odd way.

I wouldn't go as far as to say that a map without castle walls can't get my vote (a couple have, actually) but I certainly don't hold uncapped castle wall use against a map.

~ dok, the only person who used all 21 wall pieces in his submission
Old May 26th, 2011, 04:19 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Ruins of Feldspar is the only one of these that I would like to play at a tournament.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old May 26th, 2011, 04:47 PM

Arcus rolls all skulls baby! Arcus rolls all skulls baby! Arcus rolls all skulls baby! Arcus rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
IMO, a map that is asking for FotA, is asking for use of the wall pieces.
I agree. I am sure there are plenty of maps using a RotV and battlements/road pieces they could have chosen from that do not look or play much different than most of the ones submitted.

My Maps
Upcoming M.A.R.S. (Mid-Atlantic Regional 'Scapers - PA/MD/NJ) Events Thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games